Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Wireless Headsets that can talk to Harley headsets?  (Read 4822 times)

Glide Boy

• Full CVO Member
Wireless Headsets that can talk to Harley headsets?
« on: April 01, 2010, 12:16:20 AM »

Hello,
I was told that there is a company that is making wireless headsets that can be used to talk to Harley Davidson bikes with the communications systems (Ultra Classics).  Does anyone out there make such a thing as these wireless headsets?  This would sure be handy.
Thanks,  GlideBoy
« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 12:21:45 AM by Glide Boy »

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
Re: Wireless Headsets that can talk to Harley headsets?
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2010, 06:03:42 AM »

I think this is wishful thinking but it sure would be the cats arse if it were true.

bissjim

• Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2010, 06:06:42 AM »

I think J&M made components that would do this. If I remember correctly there were three devices you had to buy and they added to about $700.00. If you are still interested let me know and I will see If I can find the part #'s for you.

Jim
Ride It Like You Are Retired

indcoltz

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2010, 09:46:40 AM »

If I'm understanding what you are talking about, it's impossible. The intercom system on the harley is a closed system. It's not wireless. The only way you can talk to another bike is by CB or thru bluetooth and bluetooth, you have to stay close together usually no more than 40ft apart. Then for all the bluetooth to work together they would have to be paired.

bissjim

• Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2010, 07:37:17 AM »

Nothing is impossible, maybe today you can’t do it but you never know what tomorrow will bring. Any way I found the part numbers for the stuff a guy told me about. I have not seen this work and there may be some modifications to it I don't know but it looks like you could plug the harness into the bike's connector and then into the dongle and pair the dongle to the headsets. Of course if it did work then you would need 2 each for both seats. Like I said I don't know if this works all I am saying is a guy told me via email that he uses it. I am not sure if the prices are the same or even if you can still buy the stuff today I did not research it I just copied it from an old email.

JBLU-DNG03  Dongle $349.00

HS-JBLU-DNG03-CA07 Harness Connection Cable $44.00
http://www.jmcorp.com/ProductDetail.asp?ProductID=JBLU-DNG03-CA07&PF=30

BLU277EDR-OF EDR Bluetooth Clamp-on Headset $300.00

Jim

kraut

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ride & Have Fun

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE4
    • Harley Café Dresden
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2010, 01:40:36 AM »

Hi Jim,

thx for the P-No's.

As I understand J&M states it's a proprietary solution only for their Headsets - wonder if someone tried to pair the dongle with a Scala or Interphone.
CU on the road, Hans

Ride & Have Fun

bissjim

• Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2010, 06:49:56 AM »

Hi Jim,

thx for the P-No's.

As I understand J&M states it's a proprietary solution only for their Headsets - wonder if someone tried to pair the dongle with a Scala or Interphone.

That I don't know. Maybe some one here has tried and will see this post and reply.

If you do find a fix let us know I am sure many would like a solution to this.

I can tell you that the biggest draw back to Bluetooth is the battery life when streaming audio constantly so if you plan on listening to music via a wireless connection then you will need to charge your battery about every 4 to 5 hours.

Jim

greglyon

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2013 FLHRSE5
    • AZ

• CVO1: FLHRSE5
    • Phillips and Lyon LLC
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2010, 09:07:01 AM »

That I don't know. Maybe some one here has tried and will see this post and reply.

If you do find a fix let us know I am sure many would like a solution to this.

I can tell you that the biggest draw back to Bluetooth is the battery life when streaming audio constantly so if you plan on listening to music via a wireless connection then you will need to charge your battery about every 4 to 5 hours.

Jim

At Laughlin this year, i  talked to John the President of J&M and asked him to set up a blue tooth wireless everything on my road glide.  After 30 minutes he had me convinced that a better option was to use what came with the bike and NOT go wireless.  He felt battery life was both an issue and a hassle to recharge and those factors exceeded the benefit of going wireless.
"A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory"

kraut

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ride & Have Fun

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE4
    • Harley Café Dresden
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2010, 12:05:20 PM »

yes, batteries are a problem. But the latest generation Interphones (F4) we use keep up for a full day (8 to 10 hours) when streaming music from Zumos MP3 player, same with Cardo's G4.

There are several solutions on the European Market - but all are proprietary and most not really A2DP.
CU on the road, Hans

Ride & Have Fun

Page created in 0.15 seconds with 21 queries.