Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fuel Management System  (Read 1433 times)

Gordito

• Full CVO Member
  • I know Jack Sh*t
Fuel Management System
« on: March 08, 2006, 11:17:32 AM »

Has anyone used the V&H Fuel management system in their bike vice the SE race tuner? The lead mechaninc (and a friend of mine) at one of the local bike shops recommends this vice the SE race tuner. Cost is less AND it's available (delivery on the SE is May). Any inputs appreciated.
Rick

2006 FLHTCUSE
Red Shift 575 gear drive cams
Heads ported & polished
Zippers hi flow air filter
Bassani True Duals
Bassani Megaphones
race tuner

magicl1

• Senior CVO Member
Re: Fuel Management System
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2006, 06:44:23 PM »

Ask your friend what he would recommend "if you made significant changes to your motor".  IF all you do is change pipes and air cleaner, the SE Race Tuner is probably more than you need.  If you go with VH, Techlusion, Race Fuler or PCIII and change your mind about adding cams or other upgrades, you may end up going with the Race Tuner anyway.
Either way, you may want to consider purchasing from one of the HD Dealers who provide 20% off and no Sales Tax (as long as you do not reside in their state).  However, depending on your dealership's policy, your friend may not be able to install the goodies for you.  By the way, which pipes did he recommend?
Supertrapp 2:1 and SERT

06ULTRASE

• Senior CVO Member
  • In Memory of Scott Wheelihan

• CVO1: 06 FLHTUCSE (SOLD)
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 (SOLD)
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTUCSE8
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2006, 09:07:43 AM »

Just got back from Daytona, I spoke with the V&H folks while there. John showed me a list of different combinations of mufflers, air filters and duals VS stock headers. Like Magicl1 said it doesn't go any futher than external bolt ons so if all you are doing is changing the pipes and air filter it is IMO the cheapest way to go and still have the bike not run lean and perform better.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2006, 09:09:30 AM by 06ULTRASE »

Gordito

• Full CVO Member
  • I know Jack Sh*t
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2006, 09:50:52 AM »

Ask your friend what he would recommend "if you made significant changes to your motor".
« Last Edit: March 09, 2006, 09:51:31 AM by gordito »
2006 FLHTCUSE
Red Shift 575 gear drive cams
Heads ported & polished
Zippers hi flow air filter
Bassani True Duals
Bassani Megaphones
race tuner

06ULTRASE

• Senior CVO Member
  • In Memory of Scott Wheelihan

• CVO1: 06 FLHTUCSE (SOLD)
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 (SOLD)
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTUCSE8
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2006, 08:17:01 PM »

Thanks for the tips.
Somewhere down the road I may change the cams and have the SE race tuner installed. It's not in my current plans, and I can get the parts I need today fairly inexpensively. He didn't recommend pipes, but I'm going with Bassani true duals. Everything I've read indicates they are a really good system.

A local HD service guy not at the shop has told me to go with the Bassani over either Rinehart or V&H duals. The Bassani makes both of the header pipes the same length unlike the the other 2. For performance 2 into 1 is suppose to be the best, personnely I'm looking for the best of the duals simply because I like the looks of them.

Page created in 0.236 seconds with 22 queries.