Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: intercom wiring  (Read 844 times)

sugarbear20

• Full CVO Member
intercom wiring
« on: April 19, 2010, 09:52:52 PM »

Has anyone wired their bikes for an intercom setup?
I dont' think you heard what I thought I said
2010 SESG
candy concord
WOW

Harleypingman

• 1K CVO Member
Re: intercom wiring
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2010, 03:30:08 AM »

This is more of a bump than a direct reply to your question.  If you are referring to the HD Booom Audio Music Intercom Kit, p/n 77107-09, no; but I did install the BAMI kit, 77108-09--similar kits but I used the one for the CB.

If you have a product in mind, just put it out there because there are multiple products and vendors of intercoms.

Carl

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2010, 08:57:24 AM »

Terrie and I use the wireless intercom via the Nolan helmets w/bluetooth.  We had them before we got our current bikes so we were set to go from day one. :2vrolijk_21:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

sugarbear20

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2010, 09:15:52 AM »

I was interested in the cb and intercom setup
I dont' think you heard what I thought I said
2010 SESG
candy concord
WOW

Harleypingman

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2010, 01:15:17 PM »

With the BAMI kit, 77108-09, you have the same CB and intercom equipment found on an Ultra with the exception that the passenger "mode" switch isn't present and, of course, you don't have the speaker pods.  You also don't change out your tank console for the rider headset.  My installation was on an '04 so there was additonal work involved that an '07 or newer bike would not have.  My install is in this thread:

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=42830.0

You can go to HD's website and download the installation instructions for the kit.

Frankly, many "think" about doing it and most don't because of the costs involved:  BAMI kit; HD CB module; CB antenna mount and antenna (I used the J&M in-fairing CB antenna to avoid locating an antenna at the rear of the bike; and, headset(s).

I'm very pleased with the BAMI kit and it does what it was intended to do.  My purpose was to have a clean CB installation for group riding and it's been an excellent solution for me.

Page created in 2.215 seconds with 21 queries.