Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: screamin eagle cams  (Read 1113 times)

dark side

screamin eagle cams
« on: June 23, 2010, 08:22:31 AM »

I was getting the dealer to install tw7 with a ventilator and sert with x-pipe and said they would cover any issues cause they did the work, Now they have my 2010 crismon black cvo and said they won't, but if I used a SE camshaft they would. I am new to the camshaft world and would like something close to the tw7, without alot of motor mods. Any help would be appreciated, thanks

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
Re: screamin eagle cams
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2010, 10:09:20 AM »

There are warranty implications regardless of the cam you use. While the installing dealer may cover it with the SE cam the MOCO and other dealers will not. Take the bike to a different dealer or a good indy shop to do the work and get the cam instaled that you want.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
Re: screamin eagle cams
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2010, 03:32:31 PM »

There are warranty implications regardless of the cam you use. While the installing dealer may cover it with the SE cam the MOCO and other dealers will not. Take the bike to a different dealer or a good indy shop to do the work and get the cam instaled that you want.

:2vrolijk_21:    What he said.

I get so tired of hearing this kind of misleading crap from dealerships that I want to scream.  First and foremost, don't just accept some verbal BS that they will cover it if you have them do the work and use the parts they tell you to use.  If they don't put it in writing, it's total BS.  They, and they alone, will have to cover any repairs because as Jim just mentioned, H-D or other dealerships will not honor the factory warranty on a modified engine, no matter what brand of parts are used.

There is no SE cam in the catalog that is really close to the specs of the TW-7, the closest is the SE-259E.

TW-7        Lift: .575"    Duration: 240/240   Timing: Int 20/40  Exh 42/18   Lift @ TDC: Int .194"  Exh .176"
SE-259E    Lift: .579"    Duration: 246/250   Timing: Int 19/47  Exh 58/12   Lift @ TDC:  Int .182"  Exh .155"

If you've determined that the TW-7 is what you want, stick to your guns.  It shouldn't make any difference to the dealership which cam they sell you, they make good money on either one, so the insistence on using SE parts makes no sense at all.  If they don't see it that way, or won't give you the "warranty" statement in writing, you need to move on and find an honest place to do business.   

Jerry

Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Page created in 0.161 seconds with 22 queries.