Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: New 110 Motor Question  (Read 5007 times)

DESERTBEAR54

• DESERTBEAR
  • 1K CVO Member
  • BLUU 10 SEUC,09 Street Glide
Re: New 110 Motor Question
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2010, 11:35:15 AM »

I just got off the phone with Tech Support about the Clacking noise I get in neutral when the bike is hot. I was informed that on my 2010 SEUC that I have the standard compensator and that in 2011 is when Harley installed the new SE Compensator stock in the CVO's and others. He told me it was normal and that it was not doing any damage when its Clacking. I guess I am at a loss for words and I will have to get used to the Clacking
1000 Bears Can't Be Wrong Eat Your Honey Then Ride Safe and Smoke A Good Cigar!!

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2010, 12:35:10 PM »

I just got off the phone with Tech Support about the Clacking noise I get in neutral when the bike is hot. I was informed that on my 2010 SEUC that I have the standard compensator and that in 2011 is when Harley installed the new SE Compensator stock in the CVO's and others. He told me it was normal and that it was not doing any damage when its Clacking. I guess I am at a loss for words and I will have to get used to the Clacking

DB

What a bunch of idiots.
Glad I have a good dealer.
I don't even have the phone number to tech support.
After reading the above, I'm glad I don't.

SBB

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2010, 01:39:33 PM »

This "clacking" noise doesn't necessarily have anything at all to do with the compensator, btw.  It could also be something in the clutch, or perhaps the gearbox.  When you pull the clutch lever, any slack in the release rod/bearing/pressure plate is removed (shouldn't be any with a hydraulic clutch but with Harley who knows), and the input shaft of the trans is no longer being turned.  But the primary chain is still running around, and the compensator is still compensating.  Just a thought.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

DESERTBEAR54

• DESERTBEAR
  • 1K CVO Member
  • BLUU 10 SEUC,09 Street Glide
« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2010, 01:53:54 PM »

Jerry, That was a good post you made. My dealer has asked me too bring in BLUU to have a look at the Primary again but I'm still not over them having it for over a monthe when they installed new motor. I want to ride so in the future someday not to far off I will let them have it to take a look.
1000 Bears Can't Be Wrong Eat Your Honey Then Ride Safe and Smoke A Good Cigar!!

fatboi1959

• Junior CVO Member
  • It's all good!
« Reply #34 on: September 03, 2010, 07:32:22 PM »

I also concur with the auto chain tensioner getting ready to go to the next tooth.
2007 FLHTCUSE2
I'm spending my retirement one mod at a time

Tabatha

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #35 on: September 04, 2010, 03:05:44 AM »

I don't think so.  The bike is under a 2-year factory warranty and after the two years the moco is done.  Unless you have an ESP or the moco in their infinite goodness decides to make some kind of warranty adjustment you are sol even if the new engine fails.  After 2 years the moco does not have to and is not required to do anything at all.
   You may want to check under Federal court rulings regarding timeliness of warranty claims.

Tabatha

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #36 on: September 04, 2010, 03:16:02 AM »

Tabatha,

Could you please describe, what did you exactly do with your CVO FB? I have the same bike like you know. Which oil and what about the oil coolers?

Cheers,
     Your problem sounded just like mine until you said that it DID go away with the clutch depressed. Mine occured all the time,especially at idle. I use Mobil One 20/50 oil and two Jagg oil coolers---that does the trick for me but now Iam not so sure I have the cure for you !
.........Sorry    :-[  :(

apartaapee

• CVO Fat Bob 2009
« Reply #37 on: September 04, 2010, 09:26:43 AM »

Your problem sounded just like mine until you said that it DID go away with the clutch depressed. Mine occured all the time,especially at idle. I use Mobil One 20/50 oil and two Jagg oil coolers---that does the trick for me but now Iam not so sure I have the cure for you !
.........Sorry    :-[  :(
::) Hmm... Tabatha, I haven't got yet any problems. Just asking to make sure that nothing won't happen in the future. Thanks for answering my question  :)

-ap-
-aapee-

Screamin' Eagle Mufflers
Screamin' Eagle Heavy Breather
Screamin' Eagle Pro Super Tuner (Smart Tune)
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.145 seconds with 21 queries.