Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Author Topic: Arctic dwellers  (Read 2255 times)

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Arctic dwellers
« on: March 21, 2006, 05:32:07 PM »

I gotta ask,  HOW DO YOU GUYS DO IT?????  Puttin your rides away for the winter and just look at them for 3 or 4 months.  Mines been on the rack for a few weeks,  I've been in Germany for a few weeks,  and I'm as crazy as a chit house rat  right now.  I gotta ride soon or someones gettin hurt.  

What's the solution...other that a lot of  [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif]

I'm goin' nuckin futz........and still laughin my a$$ off about the earspchlitinloudinboomin comment from the nitrogen thread........
What ever it is that somebody did that you didn't want done.....................I either did it or had something to do with it!!!

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
Re: Arctic dwellers
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2006, 07:16:05 PM »

I gotta ask,
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

MYCVO

• 1K CVO Member
  • Live to plumb/plumb to ride
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2006, 09:41:55 PM »

Beagle,
It's about as hard as it gets!! Only a day here or there that it comes out :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( but it's ready to go for the most part at any given moment.
 But basically the one thing that comes to mind is this

[size=36]WINTER SUCKS !!!!!![/size]
even the word itself is dumb looking
« Last Edit: March 21, 2006, 09:43:30 PM by MYCVO »
04 SEEG / 05 1200 C / 99 FLSTC / 70 TRIUMPH TROPHY
 ** IT'S A PASSION** NOT A HOBBY**

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2006, 10:39:17 PM »

Hey Beags  Checked on your baby yesterday  she's just fine    ;)

Do you want me check on wifey too ?  [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2006, 03:16:34 AM »

Thanks Spiderman,  I'll ride Mrs. Beagle as soon as I get home,  I'll ride my baby on Friday......thanks for the offer though....Pop in after work on Friday for a  [smiley=drink.gif]

_Beagle
What ever it is that somebody did that you didn't want done.....................I either did it or had something to do with it!!!

Screamin

• 5k CVO Member
  • Number 641

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2 Cherry
    • CVO2: 2019 Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2006, 05:44:34 AM »

Hey Beags

The Mysterious Q!

• Keep the shiny side up and ride it like you stole it.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • This town needs an enema!
    • CT
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2006, 08:18:58 AM »

Thanks Spiderman,
When I grow up I want to be a SEEG 2002 FLHRSEI Rineharts Wild1 Apes Beaucoup Chrome Corbin Seat Wimmer Billet Breather and Spike Filter Beautiful Billet Power Commander PCIII USB LED Skull Horn Cover Skull everything Lyndall Z Pads Xtreme Machine Shredder 18's Metzeler ME 880's Xtra Lights HID

J.J.

• Full CVO Member
  • If you can accept losing, you can't win
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2006, 10:03:53 AM »

You are right about the  [smiley=drink.gif].  I have received about 40" of snow in the last 8-9 days and it is old.  Should melt by next week and I will be back on the road.
2006 Black and Slate
SE Stage 1
Rinehart True Duals
HD Race Tuner
99.8HP 103TQ

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2006, 10:05:36 AM »

having grown up in the north east, i dont know any different [smiley=nixweiss.gif]
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

The Mysterious Q!

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • CT
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2006, 10:38:07 AM »

having grown up in the north east, i dont know any different [smiley=nixweiss.gif]
I'll second that ;)
When I grow up I want to be a SEEG 2002 FLHRSEI Rineharts Wild1 Apes Beaucoup Chrome Corbin Seat Wimmer Billet Breather and Spike Filter Beautiful Billet Power Commander PCIII USB LED Skull Horn Cover Skull everything Lyndall Z Pads Xtreme Machine Shredder 18's Metzeler ME 880's Xtra Lights HID

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2006, 07:46:12 PM »

I gotta ask,
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

hdnut

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2006, 08:43:09 PM »

I just store mine at the dealer,when the temp. starts to get over 50 on a constant basis, I bring her home. [smiley=pumpkin.gif]I'm going to head to the U.P. of Michigan for some late season snowmobiling,we still have 24 inches of snow on the ground!!! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
hdnut

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2006, 10:09:22 PM »

true story
             1996 in Maine - - fairly cold winter(teens a lot)  but not a much snow-- rode my bike to work in a set of insulated Carhaarts most every day through early March . Parked close to the main gate where the guards (security not screws guys) could keep an eye on my ride. One guard would shake his head in disbelief every day when I'd walk through the gate. Company sends me to Hawaii from early March through late May. Warm and humid over there and I get used to it. Come back home. go on a week long mission to kill as many brain cells as possible at The Weekend Behind The Barn Party and finally get around to going back in to work. Ride my bike in and as I'm getting off I'm shivering, (it's like 52 degrees) Same guard who watched me ride in in 15 degree weather comes over and says "did I just see you shivering?" " Yeah " I says, ""why?" "You ride that thing in here on days when the sled dogs won't go outside to piss and now you're cold. "Brian " he says, " you're one ass backwards Mainiac " Well, the more I thought about it, the more I realized the words of that guard were a message from the great biker in the sky. I was to far to the left to be livin on the right, so a couple years later I packed up wifey and the girls and headed out here to the left coast. Met Beags soon after and annoyed the chit out of him by ridin around Dago at night in "the winter" in just a t-shirt. Fast forward 8 years, I meet Beags for breakfast this past January to go for a put and I've got on a long sleeve shirt, vest, hooded sweatshirt, leather jacket, hat, helmet, gloves, and chaps. Beags says to me "Bro you''re a piece of work you know that?"
so the question I have for this assemblege of great minds is "Where the hell do I go now?

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2006, 10:25:58 PM »

true story

so the question I have for this assemblege of great minds is "Where the hell do I go now?
Spiderman......that's a question I'd leave un-asked, if I were you.  You're talking about left of Calif. to warm your bones and still have the good ole US of A to give you the situation to raise your girls and be able to ride the great roads of this country coast to coast?  I just don't see where you could go from here w/o giving up significant quality of life-style.  Compromises.......you could always make 'um and move to the pure tropics  [smiley=divers009.gif]elsewhere.  Did you get the message to move again?   [smiley=nixweiss.gif]  Sounds like you just might be over-due for a good long 'scooter ride'  Har!   ;) spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

SEULTRA

• 1K CVO Member
  • It's all about riding ...
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2006, 10:41:35 PM »

"[highlight]Where the hell do I go now?[/highlight]

Too EZ... ya go where ya wanna go... where ever you're happy. Life's too friggin' short. I moved from NORTHERN NY (think Montreal Canada) to Colorado and never looked back. Colorado weather is good, scenery is.... well come to Cripple Creek and you'll see, and the people are friendly. As I've said to others, ya couldn't pry me outta here with a crowbar!  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
« Last Edit: March 22, 2006, 10:43:46 PM by SEULTRA »

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2006, 10:52:13 PM »

[highlight]so the question I have for this assemblege of great minds is "Where the hell do I go now? [/highlight]

just the punchline of an overlong, not very funny joke guys

I will live in California till the great biker in the sky comes calling  We've got everthing here in you have in the entire rest of the country

Screamin

• 5k CVO Member
  • Number 641

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2 Cherry
    • CVO2: 2019 Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2006, 05:18:38 AM »

As for the cold winters,yea it sucks

The Mysterious Q!

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • CT
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2006, 08:12:22 AM »

And riding the Mrs.

Grover

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2006, 08:40:17 PM »

I gotta ask,

hdnut

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2006, 07:25:52 PM »

Just road the seeg home from it's winter napp,60 outside in south east wisconsin,TIME TOO RIDE!!! [smiley=pumpkin.gif] [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
hdnut
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Page created in 0.18 seconds with 21 queries.