Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: cam for 110  (Read 17985 times)

SEgle

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FXSTSSE3. Deweys Pro Street Heads, Fueling 574 Reaper cam, Smith Bros Adj Push Rods, Woods directional Night Prowler Lifters, Cometic 0.03" Head gasket, D & D Low Cat, SEST, SE Clutch Spring & AIM VPC92T Clutch kit.
    • CVO2: '76 FXE LIberty
    • CVO3: '68 GTO
Re: cam for 110
« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2011, 05:51:35 AM »

I think that is a very good prediction Jerry. Uncharted territory for the most part. I will say this you are not doing yourself any favor with those pipes. The stock headpipes and Cycle Shack slip-ons (and a retune) would get you right now 5hp and a few ft.lbs torque (minimum) and a lot more torque in the riding envelope (roll-on power).
Like Don says, it's your pipes.

Occam

• Full CVO Member
  • Power On The Cheap

• CVO1: 2009 FXDFSE in black & fire quartz
« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2011, 11:50:42 AM »

Dyno(s) attached: CR-575 as a bolt-in for a 110.

So would it be reasonable to infer that I would be able to obtain similar numbers and that lovely torque curve with my FXDFSE?
The setup would be similar, except my exhaust is a Hacker 2-1 rather than D&D, and I also use TTS.

I hope to get Steve to dyno it as I live fairly close to Fullsac here in the Zone.   :2vrolijk_21:

InfernoCVO

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 FXSTSSE2
    • CVO2: 2012 cvo street glide
« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2011, 11:19:30 PM »

Has been a while since i posted this topic,  had 10.5 H-D pistons installed thinking this would help the woods 555 cam come alive but only gained one hp.       93hp/112tq out of my 110. Several members have told me that my exhaust is hurting my performance.  My questions are is the exhaust (VH Big Radius) causing me to loose a little power or alot, or is this cam  just not a good pick for the 110.  Would like to be at 110-115hp. any and all replies will be greatly appreciated. :dankk2:
« Last Edit: July 23, 2011, 12:44:31 AM by InfernoCVO »

willyB

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2011, 05:02:35 PM »

InfernoCVO,

Sure, a better designed exhaust system will help out your dyno sheet by my brother runs the Big Radius pipes on his '05 Deuce with S & S 510G cams and a S & S Carb. No other engine work. He's getting upper 80's HP and upper 90's TQ. Like you he wanted more but MAN THOSE PIPES SOUND SWEET!!!
It's amazing how many people compliment him on the sound of his bike.

There's just something about the sound of those pipes that will always trump the dyno sheet. Day, temperature, humidity, barometric pressure, dyno calibration and a whole host of other things effect any dyno numbers on any given day.

Throw the dyno sheet in the file cabinet and enjoy riding your scoot that has one of the best sounds out there!
GMR 577 Cams, S & S Lifters, S & S Pushrods, V&H Headers, Rinehart 4” Slipons, TTS Tuner, 12" Yaffee Monkey Bars, Color Matched Chopped Tour Pak (510 HP and 763 TQ +/-)

easyrider9809

• Ridin Orange
  • Full CVO Member
  • 09 CVO
« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2011, 11:30:36 PM »

I think your pipes are affecting your numbers.  How much experience does your technician have tuning 110's ?  I have a Woods Tw7h in my 09 Roadglide. Runs great.  I have two friends with 2011 110's and have Tw555's installed. They run good and strong. My experience with a local Harley dealership tuning the Tw7h was not very good. The bike felt like a slug.  Took the bike up to Fuel Moto. Jamie tuned the bike and really improved the performance of the bike.  A good experienced technician that has tuned and worked with aftermarket cams in big cu/in motors is key.
09 Road Glide CVO
98 Heritage

InfernoCVO

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 FXSTSSE2
    • CVO2: 2012 cvo street glide
« Reply #35 on: July 24, 2011, 01:19:40 AM »

I think my tuner does a good job, im sure there is better out there. I talked to woods after installing cam and lifters he said my numbers were way off,he  refered me to a tuner in notheren Indiana who also said it should have been better drove 3hrs one way and had to purchase a power comander for him to tune (would not do a race tuner) left with the same numbers I arrived with. Bike runs strong just not what I was expecting so I had 10.5 to 1 pistons installed thinking it would wake up the cam but it really didn't help at all. I have also had a 30t trans gear installed and had my SERT up graded to a TTS MasterTune. Not sure whether to try a different cam or if head work is a must to wake up the 110.

HD Street Performance

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #36 on: July 24, 2011, 01:58:41 AM »

Many try to stuff the CVO into the same bucket as the 96 / 103" but the heads are very different. It is those breathing characteristics that dictate different cam choices and make them so sensitive to a good match between the pipe and cam. Those pipes are not doing you any favors and now I would betcha the Delphi is pulling timing as well which is a power drainer. If you have a SEST and a laptop you can do some data runs and verify that.

shindo

• Full CVO Member
  • 2011 Inferno SG

• CVO1: 2011 Inferno/Blk SG
« Reply #37 on: July 26, 2011, 12:18:29 AM »

My bike runs quite strong with the 555 . I haven't had it on the dyno yet but it sure seems to have good power. I also have D&D fatcat and a Thunder Max. No black soot on the end of the pipe just a cool gray.
2011 O/B SG King TP, Woods 555 cams,DD fatcat,ThunderMax with more to come.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.112 seconds with 21 queries.