Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Harley Diet??  (Read 1324 times)

Ceej

• HD C-ustomer V-ery O-ften
  • Elite CVO Member
  • You've found CVOHarley.com, Now seek counseling...
Harley Diet??
« on: March 31, 2006, 08:32:21 PM »

A question for the engineering minds around here and motivation for a lil spring weight loss program!

We all know weight directly effects power adversely, but how does the lack of it help in a real world #'s sense. For example, A bike has a fixed weight and a fixed horsepower and TQ. Lets say 100hp and 100tq to use round numbers, the bikes weight is lets say 800lbs, the variable is the rider and gear. Leave the gear out and lets say the rider weighs 200lbs. Thus the riders weight is 20% of the vehicles mass. So if the rider lost 100lbs, 50% - that would decrease the vehicles mass 10% right? How much would that translate into a "percieved" Horsepower/TQ Gain?

I know DEEP. But ya got to remember as a truck driver I get a thought in my head and it starts to antagonize me for hundreds of miles and hours down the road. I figure if we could come up with a HP/TQ number per 10lbs of weight loss, we would have the ultimate "Harley Diet" - like lose 10lbs - gain 1HP/ftlb TQ - I know I could use to loose about 30lbs - and telling myself I would gain a "Percieved" net HP gain would be great!!
2004 SEEG
1995 FLHR
2000 FLSTF
1968 RSSS

Eagle Rider #1747

There really is a Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown........:)

Grover

• 1K CVO Member
Re: Harley Diet??
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2006, 08:45:15 PM »

Wow!

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2006, 11:36:27 PM »

Wow!
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2006, 08:24:34 AM »

I had considered this same thing (for a very short moment), but decided it was easier to spend money to gain horsepower. [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] Seriously though I figured I could never loose enough weight to make a significant difference (being 6'3"-6'4") if I did I would look like a "Crackhead". [smiley=nixweiss.gif] Most racers (jockeys, drivers, etc) are mostly really small (height/weight), but I'm already hosed in the height department. If you aren't planning on doing some professional racing is it really worth it? [smiley=confused5.gif] Just think about it, most of the times when we ride we usually end up somewhere eating and having cold refreshments at end of ride.

/me doesn't want to be sitting there having celery and water while everyone else is chowing down. [smiley=nervous.gif]

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

BobD

• Senior CVO Member
  • '06 FLHTCUSE
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2006, 08:47:16 AM »

We will be remembered for all the rules we break.

Ceej

• HD C-ustomer V-ery O-ften
  • Elite CVO Member
  • You've found CVOHarley.com, Now seek counseling...
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2006, 09:45:57 AM »

Now that is funny!
2004 SEEG
1995 FLHR
2000 FLSTF
1968 RSSS

Eagle Rider #1747

There really is a Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown........:)

The Mysterious Q!

• Keep the shiny side up and ride it like you stole it.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • This town needs an enema!
    • CT
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2006, 11:11:40 AM »

I had considered this same thing (for a very short moment), but decided it was easier to spend money to gain horsepower. [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] Seriously though I figured I could never loose enough weight to make a significant difference (being 6'3"-6'4") if I did I would look like a "Crackhead". [smiley=nixweiss.gif] Most racers (jockeys, drivers, etc) are mostly really small (height/weight), but I'm already hosed in the height department. If you aren't planning on doing some professional racing is it really worth it? [smiley=confused5.gif] Just think about it, most of the times when we ride we usually end up somewhere eating and having cold refreshments at end of ride.

[highlight]/me doesn't want to be sitting there having celery and water while everyone else is chowing down. [[/highlight]smiley=nervous.gif]

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]

Good point dOOd.I want to chow with the rest of the fellas. So I get home a little later because I ate 1 HP worth of food and drink,oh well.Still in the wind full and feeling good. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
When I grow up I want to be a SEEG 2002 FLHRSEI Rineharts Wild1 Apes Beaucoup Chrome Corbin Seat Wimmer Billet Breather and Spike Filter Beautiful Billet Power Commander PCIII USB LED Skull Horn Cover Skull everything Lyndall Z Pads Xtreme Machine Shredder 18's Metzeler ME 880's Xtra Lights HID

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2006, 11:59:41 AM »

/me doesn't want to be sitting there having celery and water while everyone else is chowing down. [smiley=nervous.gif]
 [smiley=pumpkin.gif]Ride Safe,Fired00d [smiley=fireman.gif]

Last time I started down the road to increase HP through weight loss, I lost 3 HP [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2006, 08:36:48 PM »

Last time I started down the road to increase HP through weight loss, I lost 3 HP [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
Oh yea, funny how that works in reverse if you try to make it happen. [smiley=nixweiss.gif] Better off enjoying life, and not worrying about who has the fastest bike (unless you doing professional racing).

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

The Mysterious Q!

• Keep the shiny side up and ride it like you stole it.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • This town needs an enema!
    • CT
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2006, 08:17:03 AM »

Lets call it like it is.We love to ride and we love to EAT. The hell with the HP. I get enough from my fork [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]
When I grow up I want to be a SEEG 2002 FLHRSEI Rineharts Wild1 Apes Beaucoup Chrome Corbin Seat Wimmer Billet Breather and Spike Filter Beautiful Billet Power Commander PCIII USB LED Skull Horn Cover Skull everything Lyndall Z Pads Xtreme Machine Shredder 18's Metzeler ME 880's Xtra Lights HID

Page created in 0.147 seconds with 21 queries.