Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Vibration after Cam Install  (Read 5131 times)

hogasm

Re: Vibration after Cam Install
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2011, 07:35:12 AM »

Make sure the rubber was not installed upside down on the mount, and is torqued correctly

Don't know which mount they installed  :nixweiss:

TallyClassic

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2011, 08:26:11 AM »

I'd remembered that HD was on it's 3rd attempt at making a better rubber mount.  I didn't know their solution was to make it stiffer, no wonder the tech warned me that with the new mount I might get more vibration!!  Wasn't there an alternative mount everyone raved about for a while?  I didn't stay up with it 'cause it seemed everyone thought the HD updated one was just as good......hmmmmm.
I do agree that the bike needs to be tuned.  I don't think I'll do the AutoTune since this is my last change to the bike, and the personal touch on the dyno might be better.  I'm going to ask that it be leaned in the cruising ranges for mileage.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2011, 02:59:23 PM »

Wasn't there an alternative mount everyone raved about for a while?  I didn't stay up with it 'cause it seemed everyone thought the HD updated one was just as good......hmmmmm.

Tally, the front mount is in it's D revision now.  So, including the original, that's five versions of the mount.  It's a -79 part number.  And it didn't get a single revision until after the 103s came out.  Then it got A and B in quick succession.  If I remember right that first A revision was very very hard. 

Mount has been tweaked more since.  I've actually had good luck with the D version.  The "alternative" you might be thinking of is the Velva mount.  Another one that has been out there for a long time.  They were always an improvement over the stock mounts.  And a good improvement at that.  The 107 in my 05 broke two of them though with each serving the bike less than a year.  The D version of the Harley mount has been in a couple years now.  It's not bad at all for vibration and (knock on wood) has held up well so far in my bike.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.123 seconds with 21 queries.