Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: help!!High beam Headlight w/ Spot lights "on"??  (Read 979 times)

LETS_ROLL

• 1K CVO Member
  • If you're happy and you know it, Punch the Clown!!
help!!High beam Headlight w/ Spot lights "on"??
« on: May 13, 2006, 12:26:41 AM »

Question for you tech guys. On baggers and heritage Is there a way to be able to have your high beams on and your spot lights on also?  Can it be done?  Is it just a matter of snipping a few wires or is there some gizmo that needs to be plugged in?  Any input is appreciated.
Let's Roll
« Last Edit: May 13, 2006, 12:27:33 AM by Lets_Roll »
LET'S ROLL
2009 FLTRSE3
2011 FLHXSE2

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
Re: help!!High beam Headlight w/ Spot lights "on"?
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2006, 02:10:43 AM »

Yep, ..........snip, snip, splice, splice and its a done deal......... ;D

The spots are fed from the lowbeam power wire (yellow) so when you switch to high they loose power. You need to run the yellow wire that feeds the spot lamp switch to another power source that has power on while the ignition is on.

arcticdude

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2006, 10:49:14 PM »

I believe FR8TRN found that there's a blue wire that is unconnected in the fairing that is part of the "lights" circuit, as opposed to the "headlights" circuit.  On my CUSE, this is sitting there attached to the headlight harness.  I saw it this evening.  He said that it allowed him to control the spots normally, yet they stay on with the high beam, AND it took them OFF the "headlight" circuit, so hi-output spot bulbs won't kill the headlight if the fuse goes.  Going to try it myself this week.
don't waste your time with a usa-spec ipod adapter- chitty products with chitty support

475wildey

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2006, 08:54:34 PM »

I believe FR8TRN found that there's a blue wire that is unconnected in the fairing that is part of the "lights" circuit, as opposed to the "headlights" circuit.  Going to try it myself this week.

arcticdude
did you try the blue wire yet how did it work??? almost sounds like a line from the matrix...
2005 fxdwg              
124 S&S                  
B2 heads                  
640 S&S cams    

05Rider

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2006, 10:37:01 PM »

Question for you tech guys. On baggers and heritage Is there a way to be able to have your high beams on and your spot lights on also?  Can it be done?  Is it just a matter of snipping a few wires or is there some gizmo that needs to be plugged in?  Any input is appreciated.
Let's Roll

Yes there is [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif].  I will have to try to find the info for you.

Ride Safe - Enjoy Every Ride  [smiley=helmet.gif]
Freedom pipes, PC III, SE Air Cleaner
Tour Pak & Saddlebags LED Brakelight Kits
Kuryakyn Deluxe L.E.D. Taillight Conversion & LED F & R Running Lights & Turn Signals

arcticdude

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2006, 06:25:25 PM »

475-
Haven't had a chance to try it, FR8TRN went even further and took the spots off the headlight circuit BEFORE the "spot" switch on the dash.  That sounds like a great idea, I just haven't had time to get the manual out and research it yet.
don't waste your time with a usa-spec ipod adapter- chitty products with chitty support

FR8TRN

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ya ever take a crap so big your pants fit better??
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2006, 07:28:28 AM »

Yeah if you pull the yellow wire before it gets to the spots switch and tie it into the Blue wire that is suppose to be going to the fender tip lamp (which we dont' have) it'll be on whenever the ignition is on (off when in ACC) and you can still control the spots with the spots switch.  The circuit for the fender tip lamp is very lightly loaded and has a 15amp fuse, the spots should cause no problems with this setup.  Others have tied into the ACCY switch circuit, but I prefer to leave that open for ACCY's.  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]  I've had mine setup like this for a while now and no issues, I'm running 50W spot bulbs.

LETS_ROLL

• 1K CVO Member
  • If you're happy and you know it, Punch the Clown!!
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2006, 11:15:45 PM »

Guys, thanks for all the tips.  Let's Roll
LET'S ROLL
2009 FLTRSE3
2011 FLHXSE2

70_GTX

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2006, 04:12:52 PM »

If anyone does this, please do a pictorial and post them. As they say, a picture is worth a thousand words. Thanks.

Page created in 0.154 seconds with 21 queries.