Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Lets hear about your exhaust upgrades  (Read 4133 times)

Gearheadfmc

• Full CVO Member
Re: Lets hear about your exhaust upgrades
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2011, 03:41:09 PM »

I had installed the Fullsac Header and 2.0" baffles.  Also got Steve's TTS and download. Bike had a great sound, ran much cooler and improved performance.  Straight forward and easy to install.

Then, for some STUPID reason, got talked into changing to the V&H Power Duals (X- at collector) and the HI-OUTPUT slip-ons+a dyno tune.  I don't feel like the performance is better or fuel mileage. It seems to run hotter and it is LOUD.

If over again or retraction of actions.......Fullsac!

GearheadFMC

willyB

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2011, 06:08:28 PM »

Gotta agree that the V & H Hi Outputs are loud but I went with them because of their larger diameter than the stockers. They fill the hole under the bags much better.

I installed their quiet baffle (About $30, super easy to install) to reduce the decibel level. I also installed V & H dresser duals because I prefer the sound of duals over 2-1-2's. Sounds great (like a V & H should) and it is much quieter. Quiet at cruise but will really bark with a twist of the throttle.

I also installed the new power commander V. I purchased it from FuelMoto.com. (great folks) it came can pre-mapped and ready to go. But once I installed the quiet baffles I had them send me a revised map (for free).

Bike runs cool, will easily outrun my brothers '05 Deuce with cams/headwork/pistons with an S & S carb and I'm getting 40/42 mpg.

Many choices out there.

GMR 577 Cams, S & S Lifters, S & S Pushrods, V&H Headers, Rinehart 4” Slipons, TTS Tuner, 12" Yaffee Monkey Bars, Color Matched Chopped Tour Pak (510 HP and 763 TQ +/-)

Limited Lou

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2008 FLHTCUI
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2011, 03:32:18 PM »

I had the V&H ovals, Rush True Duals with a TTS tune, and just picked up a set of Rush slip ons, The guy said they were 1.5" baffles. they look like 1.75" to me. I measured from a distance in muffler, any way the sound and performance is great...   
2008 FLHTCUI
Olive Pearl/Vivid Black

slacker2

• Full CVO Member
  • Work Hard...Play Hard.
    • VT

• CVO1: V&H 2/1 ProHighOUTPUT pipe,58mm,10.5 high dome pistons, Hillside heads, RS A/C 625 S&S cams.LED headlight and drivers.
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2011, 09:03:00 AM »

Put on the "B' pipe from Fullsac with 2" cores and didn't like the sound.
I am very happy with V&H 2/1 Pro HO exhaust. i coupled that up with
larger 58mm TB, And larger SE injectors, TTS with Woods 555's cams.

I have put about 4700 on the exhaust. It is at the tuners right now
for the TB and injectors tuning.

I'm very interested to see what it pulls for numbers.

Flying with the Eagles.
Stage III build by Palmer Brothers, DirectLink tuned by Joe's Cycles. One Happy Happy Bike.133T 140hp's

NSTY110RIDER

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FLHRSE4
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2011, 06:23:42 PM »

I just put a D&D FatCat with ghost pipe on my '08 SERK and love the low and mid range torque that I gained.
And it sounds great.
2008 Screamin Eagle Road King

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2011, 06:38:56 PM »

I believe the large majority here are using the Fullsac X pipe (catless header) and the Fullsac baffles (1.75", 2" or 2.25").  Definately much cheaper to go this way than to buy a whole exhaust system and you keep the good looks of the stock exhaust.

I'm not sure there's any more volumn in the different size baffles....at least not to my ears.  But there is a different tone with the 2.25 being a deeper "tone" than the 1.75.

I'd suggest following Danner55's suggestion.  Like he said, you will not regreat it. :2vrolijk_21:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

The Bolvine Gigolo!

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • ALL IN A DAYS WORK!
    • CA

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG & 2011 Ultra -Sold
    • CVO2: 2014 Ultra
    • CVO3: 2013 SERG Custom Atomic Orange/ Galaxy Gray
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2011, 07:17:53 PM »

I had the 09 SERG O/B was one of the first to go with the Fulsac 2" and a catless header the bike ran great and sounded great also, sold it and bought your same bike it's at Jims as we speak, Fulsac 2.25's this time wanted a little deeper rumble fueling 574's and X pipe it's alot cheaper and you won't be disappointed! We will be coming thru your area in about a month with a few others members, will try an hook up!

Swinger

• Nil carborundum illegitimi

• CVO1: 2011 FLHTCUSE6 Black Ember & Rio Red Flame SERT, V&H, Power Duals & Monster Ovals
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2011, 02:29:37 AM »

Hi,

I have just added V&H power dual headers to the Monster Ovals that were delivered with my FLHTCUES6 new in may. It will require a SERT for the engine re-mapping, but the sound is very nice (BIG daddy!), and the looks are just great. I find a nicer finish than Fulsac, and the fiiting was easy.

I'll get some photos, and psot them to you.

Happy Biking

Stu
Live your life like it's the last day, but learn as if you live for eternity..

CVOThunder

• Retired avionics squid 1984-2004
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2011, 03:03:06 AM »

Rinehart true duals and she cackles a bit at full song. Had them installed at purchase but as with everything, research before the purchase is a good thing. Think I would have gone with Fullsac x and 2" inserts or maybe another option that scavenges the exhaust. The Rineharts are good for setting off alarms though and letting people know I'm there.  :2vrolijk_21:
2020 Road Glide Limited, 131" kit
2007 Softail Custom
2015 Road Glide Special, denim traded
2011.5 Big Blue Screamin’ Eagle Ultra Classic traded

ourdeuce

• 2010 CVO
« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2011, 11:45:46 PM »

Have a 2010 CVO Ultra with V&H power duals and monster ovals, get about 100 hp and 120 ft-lbs on dyno with tuner and Arlen Ness super sucker.  See pic.

Lonerider

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2011, 08:33:15 PM »

I went with Fullsac x pipe but went with V&H Monster Ovals because I liked the look and sound on my SERGU.  Also went with Mastertune and dyno that provided a slight performance increase over the Fullsac map. While I was at it, I went ahead and did the Fullsac Stage II with Andrews 54 cams and .030 head gasket.  Very happy even though a more expensive option than the straight Fullsac Stage I.
2011 SERGU
Fullsac X Pipe
V&H Monster Ovals
Andrews 54 Cams
.030 head gasket
TTS Master Tune & dyno tuned
Cee Bailey 14" Super Step Contour Windshield

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2011, 08:48:22 PM »

Started with a 2009 catless headpipe and Fullsac 2.25" but wanted a little more bark so I went to the Rinehart slip-ons--not for everybody, but I like em.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.543 seconds with 21 queries.