Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13

Author Topic: clock goes out  (Read 49665 times)

BlueIce

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLSTSE2
    • Invision Arcade Games
Re: clock goes out
« Reply #120 on: June 06, 2012, 09:55:12 AM »

My clock has not reset since the flash fix earlier this year.  What does occur is a low fuel indicator when starting the bike every once in a while.  This goes away after the bike moves a few feet.  Harley is now looking into this for me, which also happened along with the clock reset even before the flash fix.  Seems they fixed half the problem.

Ozoneman

• Junior CVO Member
    • IN
« Reply #121 on: June 06, 2012, 09:28:46 PM »

My clock has not reset since the flash fix earlier this year.  What does occur is a low fuel indicator when starting the bike every once in a while.  This goes away after the bike moves a few feet.  Harley is now looking into this for me, which also happened along with the clock reset even before the flash fix.  Seems they fixed half the problem.

We are seeing the exact same thing with the low fuel indicator, just once in a while.
2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra, Stage 2 Tman 555 Torqster cams, Thunderheader 2 into 1 exhaust

dflanagan2012

• IA

• CVO1: 2013 ultra classic cvo 110
« Reply #122 on: June 07, 2012, 10:04:24 AM »

my bike started doing the reset again, I have it at the dealer right now for repair, they are looking into it with the help of tech services!

dcigar

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO2: 1996 FXSTC
« Reply #123 on: June 07, 2012, 08:51:38 PM »

DEFINITIVE ANSWER - IT IS THE BATTERY!
i believe you are right, i brought this up in november last year , when a bike carrier left my run switch on, had my key with it for a journey from melbourne to perth, put a new battery in straight away...... so far so good.

Mine started doing this after almost 2 years and 16,000 miles or so.  Tried all the fixes, new flash, loose grounds, etc., etc.  Nothing worked.

Replace the battery with a beefier battery (more amps).  Here's why.  Even for those of us who keep the battery on a battery tender, the battery looses some  umph over time even though it still checks out as, "OK".  I figured that this bike needs more juice to start properly (it is VERY voltage sensitive) perhaps the integrated tach/speedo instrument which only appears on this bike is the culprit.  Because of this, once the battery that comes stock with the bike gets a little older and looses some power, all the issues begin -low fuel light, clock reset, slow crank, etc.

Rather than replace the battery with the same size battery (which will solve the problem temporarily until it runs down some, simply replace with the bigger battery which, when it runs down some over time will still have enough juice to avoid the problems many of us are having.

BlueIce

• Full CVO Member

• Invision Arcade Games
« Reply #124 on: June 17, 2012, 03:37:18 PM »

As for the Low Fuel Indicator, my dealer has just informed me that the H-D Factory has instructed them to replace my Fuel Tank Sensor and check the resistance level on some of the wires involved.

Appointment is end of June, I'll report back after the work is complete 'if' the problem continues, otherwise I will consider it "Problem Resolved"  (Fingers Crossed) :)

Gamma742

• Senior CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2010 FLSTSE Red
« Reply #125 on: June 22, 2012, 03:07:04 PM »

DEFINITIVE ANSWER - IT IS THE BATTERY!

Mine started doing this after almost 2 years and 16,000 miles or so.  Tried all the fixes, new flash, loose grounds, etc., etc.  Nothing worked.

Replace the battery with a beefier battery (more amps). Here's why.  Even for those of us who keep the battery on a battery tender, the battery looses some  umph over time even though it still checks out as, "OK".  I figured that this bike needs more juice to start properly (it is VERY voltage sensitive) perhaps the integrated tach/speedo instrument which only appears on this bike is the culprit.  Because of this, once the battery that comes stock with the bike gets a little older and looses some power, all the issues begin -low fuel light, clock reset, slow crank, etc.

Rather than replace the battery with the same size battery (which will solve the problem temporarily until it runs down some, simply replace with the bigger battery which, when it runs down some over time will still have enough juice to avoid the problems many of us are having.

"Mine started doing this after almost 2 years and 16,000 miles or so" Mine too!!

I'm convinced it's the battery.  Someone PLEASE tell us what Beefier Battery will work/fit!!
2017 Road King
2010 Convertible

CandyCobalt

« Reply #126 on: June 24, 2012, 01:08:56 PM »

Hi guys!
I had the same problem for a long time: Clock resets after every ignition and the tank sensor resets too.

After changing the battery all problems are gone immediately!!!

Hi Trent: Thanks a lot for your advice.....

Greetings from Germany....

dcigar

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO2: 1996 FXSTC
« Reply #127 on: June 24, 2012, 11:50:10 PM »

what size battery do you suggest, i also now know it is the battery, i had the problem up until i changed the battery in november last year, now as it is winter down under i had not started the bike for about a month, voltage obviously dropped ...... same old problem comes back, bike started ok first go but you guys know all the usual Bul#$h!t.
just wondering though, as everyone with a convertible has this problem, maybe we have grounds for some monetary compensation....... any lawyers out there???

Lever

• 1K CVO Member
  • keep the rubber side down
« Reply #128 on: June 25, 2012, 06:27:26 AM »

if your bike is gonna to sit longer then 2weeks with out riding   you may want to purchased a battery tender to keep your battery full charge
2010 CVO Convertible  crimson red sunglo/Autumn Haze with Metal Grind Graphics
2014 113  motor 10.8 compression
SAE smoothing #5  125.7 hp / 122.9 tq
2017 Road King M8
stage IV

Willie D

• Senior CVO Member
  • Live Life at Full Throttle !

• CVO1: FLSTSE3
    • CVO2: FLHRSEI
    • CVO3: FXDWG2
« Reply #129 on: June 27, 2012, 07:30:32 PM »

what size battery do you suggest, i also now know it is the battery, i had the problem up until i changed the battery in november last year, now as it is winter down under i had not started the bike for about a month, voltage obviously dropped ...... same old problem comes back, bike started ok first go but you guys know all the usual Bul#$h!t.
just wondering though, as everyone with a convertible has this problem, maybe we have grounds for some monetary compensation....... any lawyers out there???

:orange: :cucumber: :apple:
Let me know that works out for ya Mate...
'Keep your Knees in the Breeze'
01 FXDWG- 11,000 + sold
02 FLHRSEI-66k + traded
New 06 FLTRI - Sold
08 XL1200 N - sold
2010 FLSTFB - Trade
2012 FLSTSE3 - Satin Pewter - 'Brush Gold'
2015 BMW F700GS
2017 Indian Chieftain Dark Horse  TS 111

Willie D

• Senior CVO Member
  • Live Life at Full Throttle !

• CVO1: FLSTSE3
    • CVO2: FLHRSEI
    • CVO3: FXDWG2
« Reply #130 on: June 27, 2012, 07:31:19 PM »

if your bike is gonna to sit longer then 2weeks with out riding   you may want to purchased a battery tender to keep your battery full charge

X2
'Keep your Knees in the Breeze'
01 FXDWG- 11,000 + sold
02 FLHRSEI-66k + traded
New 06 FLTRI - Sold
08 XL1200 N - sold
2010 FLSTFB - Trade
2012 FLSTSE3 - Satin Pewter - 'Brush Gold'
2015 BMW F700GS
2017 Indian Chieftain Dark Horse  TS 111

BlueIce

• Full CVO Member

• Invision Arcade Games
« Reply #131 on: June 27, 2012, 08:53:13 PM »

Picked my bike up today from the dealer.  Issue is low fuel indicator.  Harley factory tech instructed dealer to replace the fuel sending unit and test new unit for resistance values from the diagnostic manual.  The unit OHMS out to corect values.  Full 27-40 OHMS. 1/2 Full 97-118 OHMS. Empty 240-264 OHMS.  Tech also checked wire coming from Terminal 9 from the ECM to Terminal B at the back of the speedometer.  No breakes in the wire.

Lets see if this resolves this issue, it's been going on forever, including after startup on bike stored on the tender as well.  As for the Clock resetting to 12:00, that was resolved with the 'fix' earlier this year and has never reoccured.

dflanagan2012

• IA

• CVO1: 2013 ultra classic cvo 110
« Reply #132 on: June 28, 2012, 09:49:03 AM »

took my bike in and they replaced the speedometer assembly for the clock resetting and the lo fuel indicator on. have rode it 200 miles with no problems.
I have my fingers crossed it is fixed!!

prstaples1911

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #133 on: July 08, 2012, 03:28:41 PM »

Had the ECU updated. Speedo glad as well. Thing are still fine 500 miles later.

ejvette

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #134 on: July 09, 2012, 07:29:47 AM »

I have my first 1K miles on the bike.  We went on vacation for 10 days when I returned 1st ride I noticed the clock had reset to 12:00.

Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward.(W. Churchill)

12 CVO Convertible Satin Pewter
09 Deluxe Vivid Black-Sold

1998 Corvette 500HP
1970 Chevelle SS454 M22 Rock Crusher
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13

Page created in 0.177 seconds with 21 queries.