Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Ported heads!! Finish product. Check it out. Jprecision.  (Read 11992 times)

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others
Re: Ported heads!! Finish product. Check it out. Jprecision.
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2012, 10:40:01 PM »

One more to stir the pot!
 8)
HOGMIKE

CVO2FIXUP

• 1K CVO Member
  • Canada Eh!!!
    • ON

• CVO1: 2010 CVO Ultra Classic Riptide Blue.
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2012, 11:00:45 PM »

Works of art!!!  Shame to put them back on to a bike and hide all that work. How did they work on your bikes? What cams did you use. Did it feel much stronger?  Thanx for those nice picks. Cheers.
I may be a head of cabbage, but I am ahead of you!!

North Star

• CANADA- Love it or Leave it
  • 1K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2009 CVO Road Glide- Orange/Black
    • CVO2: 2015 Ducati Monter 821- Star White
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2012, 11:05:20 PM »

Interesting. I see that shop is in Mississauga, and J precision is in Quebec. When I googled Aviation Motorcycles, it only showed a single home page- couldn't see where you could link in to the website?

So what did the $1,200 include- head porting, plus replacing all the parts in the heads except for the exhaust valves?
Did it also include the throttle body porting?

So now you're going to do rings and de-glaze the pistons, then just bolt on the heads and that's it for now?

Do you know if Aviation does dyno tuning, and if he uses the TTS?
2009 Screamin' Eagle Road Glide- Electric Orange/Vivid Black
GMR 113", GMR 600 cams, Fullac DX & Kuryakyn Crushers, SE Heavy Breather, tuned by "Dyno Dave" Stoddart
Jagg 10 row fan assisted oil cooler
Axeo Legends/Ohlins 3-3/True Track front and rear
C&C Fastback seat w/orange flame stitching & a Le Pera Maverick
PYO Monkey Bars- 10"
Freedom Shields 12" light grey
Hawg Wired "six pack"amp/speakers, Iron Cross ipod interface
HD Daymaker headlights
Detachable King Tour Pak in Electric Orange

StevesCVO

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHTCUSE5
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2012, 12:25:49 AM »

Looks like he does really nice work. Can't wait to see the dyno sheet when it's done.

North Star

• CANADA- Love it or Leave it
  • 1K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2009 CVO Road Glide- Orange/Black
    • CVO2: 2015 Ducati Monter 821- Star White
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2012, 03:26:15 AM »

I'm guessing Hog Mike's pics are from here-

http://www.branchokeefe.com/heads.html
2009 Screamin' Eagle Road Glide- Electric Orange/Vivid Black
GMR 113", GMR 600 cams, Fullac DX & Kuryakyn Crushers, SE Heavy Breather, tuned by "Dyno Dave" Stoddart
Jagg 10 row fan assisted oil cooler
Axeo Legends/Ohlins 3-3/True Track front and rear
C&C Fastback seat w/orange flame stitching & a Le Pera Maverick
PYO Monkey Bars- 10"
Freedom Shields 12" light grey
Hawg Wired "six pack"amp/speakers, Iron Cross ipod interface
HD Daymaker headlights
Detachable King Tour Pak in Electric Orange

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2012, 09:47:51 AM »

I'm guessing Hog Mike's pics are from here-

http://www.branchokeefe.com/heads.html

You would be correct.
 8)
HOGMIKE

CVO2FIXUP

• 1K CVO Member
  • Canada Eh!!!
    • ON

« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2012, 02:45:30 PM »

Interesting. I see that shop is in Mississauga, and J precision is in Quebec. When I googled Aviation Motorcycles, it only showed a single home page- couldn't see where you could link in to the website?

So what did the $1,200 include- head porting, plus replacing all the parts in the heads except for the exhaust valves?

So now you're going to do rings and de-glaze the pistons, then just bolt on the heads and that's it for now?

My total bill was $1200.00 for the heads and $800.00 for parts and labor.  Harley gasket set ( complete engine gasket set ) Rings, de-glaze at Gord Bush's machine shop. Raph will also change the oil after 50 km ( so that is like 2 oil changes ) Non synthetic for the first 1000km. Will install my Power Commander and load in a map for starters.  As far as the porting goes the manifold porting is included. Aviation is a very small shoppe, with only Raph running it. It's the kind of place you find out about through word of mouth. A gem amongst all the bullchit out there. He does not have a dyno. I use Z-1 Cycle Teck.  ( Bathurst and Steels area. ) This Z is a master with the Super Tuner. He does all the tuning for the 3 local Harley Dealers. Then man is dead serious about getting it bang on. Check them out. Cheers.  Oh and the cost for doing the cams the correct way is the same. about $2000.00 parts and labor.  You will get Fueling hi pressure oil pump, Hi pressure lifters, Fueling cam backing plate, gear driven cams and adjustable push rods. The most important part is that it will be installed right!!! By a guy who gives a dam and loves what he does. Cheers.

CVO2FIXUP

• 1K CVO Member
  • Canada Eh!!!
    • ON

« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2012, 07:17:24 PM »

Just dropped the bike off at the dyno shop today. Should have news of the results in 2 days. Cheers.

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2012, 10:26:53 PM »

My total bill was $1200.00 for the heads and $800.00 for parts and labor.  Harley gasket set ( complete engine gasket set ) Rings, de-glaze at Gord Bush's machine shop. Raph will also change the oil after 50 km ( so that is like 2 oil changes ) Non synthetic for the first 1000km. Will install my Power Commander and load in a map for starters.  As far as the porting goes the manifold porting is included. Aviation is a very small shoppe, with only Raph running it. It's the kind of place you find out about through word of mouth. A gem amongst all the bullchit out there. He does not have a dyno. I use Z-1 Cycle Teck.  ( Bathurst and Steels area. ) This Z is a master with the Super Tuner. He does all the tuning for the 3 local Harley Dealers. Then man is dead serious about getting it bang on. Check them out. Cheers.  Oh and the cost for doing the cams the correct way is the same. about $2000.00 parts and labor.  You will get Fueling hi pressure oil pump, Hi pressure lifters, Fueling cam backing plate, gear driven cams and adjustable push rods. The most important part is that it will be installed right!!! By a guy who gives a dam and loves what he does. Cheers.

Just curious were your pistons in the hole and if so how much or at 0 deck when they put it back together? 
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

CVO2FIXUP

• 1K CVO Member
  • Canada Eh!!!
    • ON

« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2012, 02:10:46 PM »

Just curious were your pistons in the hole and if so how much or at 0 deck when they put it back together? 

The pistons remained stock. Just a fresh set of rings and a de-glaze. So the hight of the pistons wold be stock. I looked at the bores before it went together, and there looked to be less that a 1/4 inch of space above the piston. I hope that answered you question. Cheers.

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2012, 04:04:33 PM »

CVO2Ride,

Next time I would recommend measuring exactly where the pistons are.  You stated you used a  stock gasket I am guessing you meant a stock SE Gasket which is .040 or >  and if the pistons are in the hole you did all that work and didn't optimize your squish.   If the pistons are in the hole it means you now have greater than a .040 squish.   You want to be generally .030-.037 and yes it does make a difference.

Had you used a .030 you would probably be in the range of .033 to .043 squsih vs. now where you could be .043 to .053

This is really an important step if you are doing headwork its part of the reason to do the headwork.
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

HILLSIDECYCLE.COM

• Banned
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2012, 04:39:04 PM »

Mississauga?
That is where an outfit called "Stylemasters" used to be located.
They also had a store in Syracuse for a couple years. :)
Basically owned by The Orlando Corporation.
Scott
« Last Edit: January 28, 2012, 07:40:53 AM by Hillsidecycle.com »

CVO2FIXUP

• 1K CVO Member
  • Canada Eh!!!
    • ON

« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2012, 07:38:27 PM »

CVO2Ride,

Next time I would recommend measuring exactly where the pistons are.  You stated you used a  stock gasket I am guessing you meant a stock SE Gasket which is .040 or >  and if the pistons are in the hole you did all that work and didn't optimize your squish.   If the pistons are in the hole it means you now have greater than a .040 squish.   You want to be generally .030-.037 and yes it does make a difference.

Had you used a .030 you would probably be in the range of .033 to .043 squsih vs. now where you could be .043 to .053

This is really an important step if you are doing head work its part of the reason to do the headwork.

I see, so you are talking about the base Gaskets right? Or the head gaskets?  I will ask the builder about this. He might of done this automatically.  But I dont know if he did. Will have the dyno results tomorrow.  ( I hope )

InfernoCVO

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 FXSTSSE2
    • CVO2: 2012 cvo street glide
« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2012, 12:32:41 PM »

Heads look nice makes me even more antsy :huepfenlol2:
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.19 seconds with 21 queries.