Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: New SE High Volume Oil Pump?  (Read 3773 times)

Big C.

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: Stardust Silver & Platinum Dust FLTRSE3
New SE High Volume Oil Pump?
« on: January 29, 2012, 09:30:11 PM »

Looking For a few opinions here.  Going back in to reinstall my Woods TW7-H cams, SE Billet support plate with LMR spring, Woods Directional lifters, and my SE premium adj. push rods upgraded with grade 8 jam nuts into a completely new 100% stock 110 the MOCO just replaced under warranty.  And my question is a friend of mine just offered to give me his new unused SE High Volume pump because he's using a diffrent pump in his build and it came in his support plate kit #25282-11 any way should I put it in?  And if so should I remove the LMR spring?  Running stock intake with K&N along with a Ceramic coated D&D Boss 2 into 1.   

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
Re: New SE High Volume Oil Pump?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2012, 10:48:35 PM »

Looking For a few opinions here.  Going back in to reinstall my Woods TW7-H cams, SE Billet support plate with LMR spring, Woods Directional lifters, and my SE premium adj. push rods upgraded with grade 8 jam nuts into a completely new 100% stock 110 the MOCO just replaced under warranty.  And my question is a friend of mine just offered to give me his new unused SE High Volume pump because he's using a diffrent pump in his build and it came in his support plate kit #25282-11 any way should I put it in?  And if so should I remove the LMR spring?  Running stock intake with K&N along with a Ceramic coated D&D Boss 2 into 1.   

New unused SE High Volume pump for free?  Yeah - I'd put it in and I'd leave the LMR spring in also...   :2vrolijk_21:
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

Big C.

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2012, 11:11:04 PM »

New unused SE High Volume pump for free?  Yeah - I'd put it in and I'd leave the LMR spring in also...   :2vrolijk_21:
Yup it will be Free. 

dlaws01

• 1K CVO Member
  • Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulltion

• CVO1: 105th Anniversary FXSTSSE2
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2012, 06:40:44 PM »

Hey, not to sound any more stupid than I am, what is a LMR spring and what does it do?  :nixweiss:
Jesus is Lord

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2012, 07:19:47 PM »

Hey, not to sound any more stupid than I am, what is a LMR spring and what does it do?  :nixweiss:

http://baisley.com/oil_spring_product.htm
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

Big C.

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2012, 07:30:53 PM »

It's a replacement oil bypass spring that is located in the cam support plate. It increases your oil psi. especially while at idling LMR stands for Latus Motor Racing "not sure if i got the spelling right " who are the guys that came up with the design and specs of the spring and it's distributed  thru Basiley Performance.  My concern was with using both the spring and the SE pump I could have to much oil psi which could maybe rob HP, spring oil leaks, and develop ecessive oil in the lower end!  I had one guy tell me I should remove the spring if I run a High volume oil pump.  So was looking for some advise from the brothers here that really know whats best.  Sadunbar thanks for the link and I should of said this in my first post I'm using the LMR-002 spring.
                                                                                               Thanks Again
                                                                                                     Cory

« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 07:49:21 PM by Big C. »

HILLSIDECYCLE.COM

• Banned
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2012, 05:41:32 AM »

Those springs/shims REALLY crank the psi up, on the 06 Dyna-up late model pumps.
No need for that kind of pressure.
We set those aside, for the early pumps, and usually use a Zippers shim.
FWIW, we were manufacturing those .200" thick, shouldered shims here, looooooooong before they were marketed......by anyone. :)
Scott

Big C.

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2012, 11:38:54 AM »

Thanks Scott,  As much as I love working on my bike I hate adding shop wear to all the chrome along with all the hardware so I really want to do this right the first time.  Wish their was a cut and dry answer. I installed the spring last time I was in their to try to quiet down bob's cams. But I really didn't notice a big difference in valve train noise after it was installed any way. So Scott you think I should just use that SE pump alone?  Or the SE pump and the stock spring with a spacer?

Thx again
                         Cory

Page created in 0.157 seconds with 22 queries.