Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: '07 110" Heads    (Read 4469 times)

Ceej

• HD C-ustomer V-ery O-ften
  • Elite CVO Member
  • You've found CVOHarley.com, Now seek counseling...
Re: '07 110" Heads  
« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2006, 09:16:44 PM »

Not the MOCO - The State or feds, They'll probably set up a fine upstanding public servant like you on a nice bone stock 883 or Yamaha V-Star and send ya knocking.....and your back aching!!!  - - - ok, I know thats not fair - to the Vstar ;D
2004 SEEG
1995 FLHR
2000 FLSTF
1968 RSSS

Eagle Rider #1747

There really is a Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown........:)

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2006, 10:08:41 PM »

I think enforcement would be easy.  Just like with cars in many states, [highlight]all they have to do is require passing an annual emissions test in order to gain the annual vehicle registration.  Fail the test--no tag.[/highlight]
I figure that's what's coming.  Just a matter of time.  Since HD only offered EPA approved package upgrades for 2006, I'm guessing they know it's coming soon.
Red,

That's the system we have in N.W. Indiana, since we have been classified as a "non-attainment" area for poor air quality (ozone and particulates).  Funny how most of the air pollution is from industrial sources, power plants, and heavy truck traffic on I-80, and yet the only folks penalized are car and light truck drivers.  Anyway, back to the point - the "test" here consists of checking the gas cap to make sure it doesn't vent to the atmosphere, and then plugging a scan tester into the OBDII (On-Board Diagnostics) connector on your car.  If there are no codes stored, you pass.  Tailpipe sniffers are only used on pre-'95 vehicles which don't have OBDII systems, and the test is rather lenient compared to the original EPA test cycle.  The electronics on bikes are not OBDII compliant, so any test would have to be of the sniffer variety. I don't see any state spending the bucks to set up special test facilities just for bikes, at least not until Uncle forces them to do so.  So, in conclusion, I don't intend to lose any sleep over this issue.  

As for the $15k fine for tampering, unless someone changed the law recently that only applies to dealers and manufacturers, not private owners.  The fine is $15k per occurrence per day, by the way, so the total fine if they were to get caught selling things like SERT's would be massive.  The fact they haven't been nailed in the past only means the EPA was ignoring them.  The EPA has now obviously put out the word that they will be enforcing the law from this point forward.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2006, 10:28:27 PM »

[highlight]The 110 inch heads will be the same casting as the 103 [/highlight]

That's what I was told by a dealership svc mgr today, and that the 'new' CVO engines are basically the '06 Dyna engine block with big bore and stroker kits, etc. installed to get to 96" & 110". Apparently the same heads the are on the 103" today but with Screamin 110" on it, etc.

Forgot to ask about the throttle body.   [smiley=nixweiss.gif]
Spec sheets are supposedly being sent to dealerships this week for unpacking. Did see two new FLTRI's today and except for the huge mufflers, not much difference is visible on a quick glance.

« Last Edit: July 18, 2006, 04:01:41 AM by CVOJOE »
2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

e4seter

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2006, 01:49:28 PM »

I was talking with a friend on Saturday as he will be getting the Razor Red SERK3 in the middle of August

The dealer warned him that the 103" markings could still be on the heads as the display bikes at HD show were showing the 103" instead of the 110".

A lot of questions were asked at HD show and the MoCo had mentioned that the new 110" castings weren't available as of yet.....what ever that means

His dealer said it may ship that way as his bike will be a very early # SERK3

I quickly pointed out that I didn't think the MoCo would ship it that way but if they did my feelings were the bike might be a somewhat of a collectors item.

Surely the MoCo will have the correct casting of 110" when his bike arrives.

From the attached picture I got off the HD site, the 110 07 heads just say Screamin Eagle..

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2006, 01:57:19 PM »

Looks like they just bolted the nameplate over the old script for the photo shot doesn't it ?
2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.116 seconds with 21 queries.