Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7  All

Author Topic: last Saturday my bike bleed out  (Read 13090 times)

twinotter

• Full CVO Member
Re: last Saturday my bike bleed out
« Reply #45 on: April 19, 2012, 06:40:38 PM »

I have never heard of such blazen bullchips from a supoposed reputable company. IF the TTS caused the issue, it would have happened long before 1000miles. Doc will have records of his tuning and AFR settings. In all likelyhood, it would be richer thruout the tune.
I know one thing, I won't be buying any more HD products, can't trust 'em.  twinotter

kraut

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ride & Have Fun

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE4
    • Harley Café Dresden
« Reply #46 on: April 19, 2012, 06:50:30 PM »

again: have an independent surveyor research the reason of this failure and document his findings before any evidence is lost in the usual shop chaos. Then you may consider to take things further.
CU on the road, Hans

Ride & Have Fun

gabe

• because i can
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #47 on: April 19, 2012, 07:30:16 PM »

this is worth reading a fellow cvo brother has send me this  but at this time i will not give his name until he says it ok .
this should be made into a sticky its that good 
thank you
http://www.impalaclub.com/naisso/magmoss.htm
2009 ultra black
1962 impala 409/ 4 speed /posi rear/ 2 4 barrels

Doc 1

• Doc 1
  • Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #48 on: April 19, 2012, 07:31:09 PM »

When Gabe called today we opened his tune....the Rear VE Table is actually richer than the Front VE table. They are grabbing at anything they can right now to get the blame on someone else. You have to ask yourself how many more 110'' motors have rear cylinder problems that they want to sweep under the carpet..... :nervous:
Doc
Doc's Performance Tuning

www.docsperformancetuning.com

gabe

• because i can
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #49 on: April 19, 2012, 07:59:24 PM »

When Gabe called today we opened his tune....the Rear VE Table is actually richer than the Front VE table. They are grabbing at anything they can right now to get the blame on someone else. You have to ask yourself how many more 110'' motors have rear cylinder problems that they want to sweep under the carpet..... :nervous:
Doc
doc
i know we kick around pulling the ecm i think it may be a good thing i will pay them to remove it and you think i could send it off to tts to have them pull information
also in touch with redline  they said there oil burning point 20/60 is over 500 dgrees so iam going to get a sample friday and send it in
thanks gabe
2009 ultra black

Doc 1

• Doc 1
  • Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #50 on: April 19, 2012, 08:23:06 PM »

doc
i know we kick around pulling the ecm i think it may be a good thing i will pay them to remove it and you think i could send it off to tts to have them pull information
also in touch with redline  they said there oil burning point 20/60 is over 500 dgrees so iam going to get a sample friday and send it in
thanks gabe

Yes by all means....call TTS and get a RMA number...they can see what map is in the ecm.
Doc
Doc's Performance Tuning

www.docsperformancetuning.com

gabe

• because i can
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #51 on: April 19, 2012, 08:27:36 PM »

cool i will get it tommrow   thanks doc
i made not have enough money to rebuild but  i have more people that are willing to help
2009 ultra black

glens

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #52 on: April 19, 2012, 08:44:04 PM »

I don't know if it'd be such a good idea to be taking the ECM and sending it off somewhere non-H-D at this point.  Maybe if you can get a certified chain of possession with documentation regarding anything that's done with it while away...

glens

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #53 on: April 19, 2012, 08:48:13 PM »

this is worth reading a fellow cvo brother has send me this  but at this time i will not give his name until he says it ok .
thank you

I fetched that page and started to read it but will defer to do so later.  I think the act applies more to aftermarket replacement parts than to aftermarket performance parts.  There's a distinction there.

It'd be interesting to know whether any one, by itself, of the three reasons given for denial would have kicked the bike out of warranty.  What if a SEPST had been used?

Eagle Eye

• THE EAGLE HAS LANDED!
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Every day is a great day to ride!

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUE2 Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
« Reply #54 on: April 20, 2012, 02:38:24 PM »

this is worth reading a fellow cvo brother has send me this  but at this time i will not give his name until he says it ok .
thank you

This is only as good as the paper it's written on in certain circumstances, but may help in this case.  

In 1989 I bought a late model used car and an extended warranty as a business vehicle.  Without any notice, the warranty was cancelled by the dealership and they took a refund of nearly $1,300.  (Which was my money and a felony, if proven in a court of law.) Apparently they were in receivership from General Motors and getting shut down - a fact I did not know at the time.  Once I found out about eight months later, the culprits were gone, along with the dealer and Finance Manager.  I got stuck with a $900.00 repair of the clutch because the throwout bearing was not seated properly from the factory.  Up to that point, I believed the car was covered.  I got an attorney, but you can't sue a company that is bankrupt.  Chit!  That one still irks me.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 02:46:37 PM by Eagleye »
Ken2
Vietnam Vet
Spec-5
Medic
US Army

gabe

• because i can
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #55 on: April 20, 2012, 02:43:28 PM »

i really think iam fighting a lossing battle and do not have the funds for a lawyer or a motor
thanks its going to be a long summer with no bike
2009 ultra black

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #56 on: April 20, 2012, 04:11:27 PM »

gabe...I would at least file a complaint with the FTC.  What they are doing is illegal.  The FTC:  1-877-382-4357  I would also file a complaint with your local Better Business Bureau.  Neither of those things can hurt anything.

Regarding an attorney...most attorney's will not charge for an initial consultation.  What can it hurt to talk with someone about the whole situation and see if you have a case?  If you do, perhaps the lawyer will take the case on a contingency basis and not only get your bike fixed, but also collect money from the MOCO for his/her fees associated with the case.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG
« Reply #57 on: April 21, 2012, 10:53:32 AM »

Gabe - I too had my motor let go right after a tune. I had one HD rep completely blow me off. Very frustrating to say the least. I took the bike to another dealer who was very helpful. The long and short of it was HD replaced the motor I paid the labor. Not ideal but I'll take it.

It's very important that your dealer be on your side.

Scott's point is well taken. It's mind boggling how inconsistent HD is when considering warranty claims.  Stay at it and best of luck.

DBHWT

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #58 on: April 23, 2012, 08:53:00 PM »

I've had same thing happen...factory permatex / RTV clogging up oil passageway ...took a while before oil filled up ...puked out...

gabe

• because i can
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #59 on: April 23, 2012, 09:06:30 PM »

its rough to swallow  but i think i got the dealer behind
me now so i should know something by tuesday good or bad
2009 ultra black
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7  All

Page created in 0.167 seconds with 22 queries.