Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: MVA Heads at 15K  (Read 1272 times)

HD Street Performance

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
MVA Heads at 15K
« on: November 26, 2012, 08:10:39 PM »

I have been getting more and more of these coming through but they are mostly new. Now I got a set of MVAs with 15k on them.

What I found:
Guide wear and oil passing on the exhaust stems. The exhaust valves will not return to the seat unless they are not turned from the original positions when maneuvered by hand without springs. The last 1/2" of the guide, port side, has baked carbon and valves show the same. There is a noticeable trough worn in the top of the exhaust stems. Both front and rear are equally affected.

IMHO these exhausts were headed for seizing, same as the 07 CVO original pre-program heads do. These will be fixed with AV&V bronze manganese guides, .0014 in & .0016" clearance ex and high quality viton seals. Clearances now are .0019-.0024".
Stem seals are K-line.

HILLSIDECYCLE.COM

• Banned
  • 1K CVO Member
Re: MVA Heads at 15K
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2012, 06:44:11 AM »

Seen the same here.
We repair as the need reqiures, and move to the next set.
Scott

prodrag1320

• AMRA & AHDRA P/D record holder
  • Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2012, 07:29:10 AM »

got a set in last week for porting,ill post what i find when i get into them

mslcpa

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2012, 08:28:58 PM »

So...my 2010 SESG with 24K miles starts making some bad knocking and "whooshing" noises down low. Dealer replaces a damaged compensator. Go to pick up the "repaired' bike and still making noise. Leave at the dealer and get a call that front cylinder failed compression test and they are replacing both pistons and cylinders and reworking the heads (thank goodness for the ESP). They said that they checked the crank shaft and flywheels and they were fine. When I asked what could cause this on a relatively low mileage, babied bike, the service mgr really couldn't say but suspected "bad gas". Think he shoulda stuck with "don't know". Will get bike back next week. Dealer did step up and give me an Ultra as a loaner, so they are trying to keep me happy.

Anyone out there had similar experience or have an idea what might have failed?

Thx

Page created in 0.126 seconds with 22 queries.