Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Author Topic: Want more from 08 ultra  (Read 2966 times)

Toddster

• It is what it is

• CVO1: 2012 CVO screamin eagle street glide,107 hp 121tq C&C seat distressed tobacco and ostrich print, orange stitching, rider and passenger backrests Wiseco 10.5 pistons, hot citrus and antique gunstock, heads ported by tman, tts tuner, full-sac pipes 2" cores, tuned by Doc
    • CVO2: 2008 non cvo ultra two tone red, 103 big bore kit, screamin eagle 10.5 to 1 pistons, .3 gasket, screamin eagle factory cnc ported heads, 254e cam, tuner, dynoed, mustang touring seat, 4 focal speakers, arc amp, reinhart slip on, fullsac xpipe,color matched inner fairing, tourpak and bag color matched spoilers, chomed front end, floorboard extenders, luggage rack, hd two in one mirrors, hi intensity led headlight,french bezels on all lights front and rear, chrome levers, derby, primary, timing covers hd collection,oil cooler, hi flow oil pump, 15" windshield
Want more from 08 ultra
« on: April 21, 2013, 01:00:34 PM »

Guys,

I have 08 ultra w tts tuner and fullsac header and reinhardt pipes which i hate.

I want this bike to be set up for two up touring. My budget is around $2000 to $4000.
I will have doc do the work and get his opinion but im interested in what you think.
Leave it 96 and do.....?
Go to 103 and do......
I know i will leave tts tuner and fullsac header on it and will likely put the freedom muffler on it as my girl doesnt like it too loud.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts

Todd

prodrag1320

• AMRA & AHDRA P/D record holder
  • Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
Re: Want more from 08 ultra
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2013, 03:19:30 PM »

107",headwork featuring 1.900/1.610 valves,S&S .570 cams.easy 115+/120+

Toddster

• It is what it is

• CVO1: 2012 CVO screamin eagle street glide,107 hp 121tq C&C seat distressed tobacco and ostrich print, orange stitching, rider and passenger backrests Wiseco 10.5 pistons, hot citrus and antique gunstock, heads ported by tman, tts tuner, full-sac pipes 2" cores, tuned by Doc
    • CVO2: 2008 non cvo ultra two tone red, 103 big bore kit, screamin eagle 10.5 to 1 pistons, .3 gasket, screamin eagle factory cnc ported heads, 254e cam, tuner, dynoed, mustang touring seat, 4 focal speakers, arc amp, reinhart slip on, fullsac xpipe,color matched inner fairing, tourpak and bag color matched spoilers, chomed front end, floorboard extenders, luggage rack, hd two in one mirrors, hi intensity led headlight,french bezels on all lights front and rear, chrome levers, derby, primary, timing covers hd collection,oil cooler, hi flow oil pump, 15" windshield
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2013, 06:19:40 PM »

Where would you say the powerband is and how much would ur shop charge to include tuning?

North Star

• CANADA- Love it or Leave it
  • 1K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2009 CVO Road Glide- Orange/Black
    • CVO2: 2015 Ducati Monter 821- Star White
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2013, 07:39:48 PM »

Yeah the 107 kit seems very popular.
2009 Screamin' Eagle Road Glide- Electric Orange/Vivid Black
GMR 113", GMR 600 cams, Fullac DX & Kuryakyn Crushers, SE Heavy Breather, tuned by "Dyno Dave" Stoddart
Jagg 10 row fan assisted oil cooler
Axeo Legends/Ohlins 3-3/True Track front and rear
C&C Fastback seat w/orange flame stitching & a Le Pera Maverick
PYO Monkey Bars- 10"
Freedom Shields 12" light grey
Hawg Wired "six pack"amp/speakers, Iron Cross ipod interface
HD Daymaker headlights
Detachable King Tour Pak in Electric Orange

prodrag1320

• Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2013, 09:42:20 AM »

Where would you say the powerband is and how much would ur shop charge to include tuning?

your looking between 2000-6000,$2100.00 installed,PM me if interested

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2013, 12:36:46 PM »

Go with the 103, be sure you spigots and the liners arent to thin and wont warp.   The 4 cc's aint worth it for a reliable touring bikes, several perfectly good builds out there for the 103 that will make power and keep you reliably riding down the road.

some suggestions on builds that are out there for the 103

There is the Andrews 37 build for 2 up  9.8 to 1

There is the S&S 570 cam setup for 10.0 to 1

There is the SE 204 cam

The new 24d from Kuryakyn add a little compression, will prolly end up a top build

The Zippers 575 cams nice and torquey, but noisey

Good luck with the build

Porters you might consider:

WFO Larry
John SACHS
Dan Basiley
Bob Wright

HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

Phaq2

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2013, 02:29:19 PM »

I'll add Jim @ Mega Flo to the list.

Toddster

• It is what it is

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2013, 03:30:38 PM »

Thanks to all in particular unbalanced for such a detailed reply.
I will likely go w the andrews or se cam you recommend. Will see about tman for porting as my se 110 heads are there
 now. 

I dont know much about all this. Will my pistons need to be changed or notched due to going to a 103. Or does it depend on which cam i select?

RayG

• "What the hell was I thinking?"
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FLHRSE4
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2013, 04:07:20 PM »

Kind of a big difference between $2000.00 & $4000.00.  The first question I would ask is have you had it Dyno'd previously?  I like to have my TQ as far left on the sheet as possible, in other words on a big heavy bike you want your power at lower RPM's rather than have to get to the high RPM's.  Do you plan on keeping the bike for a long time?  Do you see yourself continually doing upgrades in the future?  I'm sure Doc will recommend a crankshaft run out measurement before you do a build.  If you have excessive run out you won't go far with the money you have to spend.  Having been one out of many victoms of high crank run out the decision was made for me.  It doesn't make scence to put money into a motor without knowing the run out.  That is just my opinion.   If the run out is acceptable you have good info on this page to improve the performance.     

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2013, 06:12:38 PM »

I'll add Jim @ Mega Flo to the list.

Phaq,

Jim Libo (Mega-Flo) is another good porter, but you have to check with him he said he was cutting way back on the numbers of heads he was doing so he could get some time to do stuff on the farm and take a bit of vacation.  Good catch though.

HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2013, 06:15:51 PM »

Kind of a big difference between $2000.00 & $4000.00.  The first question I would ask is have you had it Dyno'd previously?  I like to have my TQ as far left on the sheet as possible, in other words on a big heavy bike you want your power at lower RPM's rather than have to get to the high RPM's.   Do you plan on keeping the bike for a long time?  Do you see yourself continually doing upgrades in the future?  I'm sure Doc will recommend a crankshaft run out measurement before you do a build.  If you have excessive run out you won't go far with the money you have to spend.  Having been one out of many victoms of high crank run out the decision was made for me.  It doesn't make scence to put money into a motor without knowing the run out.  That is just my opinion.   If the run out is acceptable you have good info on this page to improve the performance.    

I would want to stay way from bigger cranking compression and go for better flow/velocity and lower ccp to get the job done on a touring bike.

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2013, 06:19:09 PM »

Thanks to all in particular unbalanced for such a detailed reply.
I will likely go w the andrews or se cam you recommend. Will see about tman for porting as my se 110 heads are there
 now. 

I dont know much about all this. Will my pistons need to be changed or notched due to going to a 103. Or does it depend on which cam i select?

If you go from a 96 to a 103 you will need new pistons.   Its like going from an 88 to 95 same difference and use the same cylinders.  Difference is now they put in a stroker crank to start out with unlike the 88" motors.   If you do a touring bike on that 96/103 be sure to keep the compression reasonable I would want no more than 10.25 to 1 so you can ride it anywhere in the US and be able to get get gas even if it is lower octane.   

prodrag1320

• Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2013, 07:50:14 AM »

nothing wrong (reliability wise) with going to 107",just make sure the shop has the proper equipment to do the bore & hone correctly (we do),a good,milder 107" build is using S&S .570 cams set @ 9.8-1,touring headwork featuring 1.900/1.615 valves,this will give very good power from 2000-5500+.but if staying with a 103"and wanting tons of low end look @ S&S .551`s or .583`s

Toddster

• It is what it is

« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2013, 07:48:14 PM »

Still contemplating this project. Given i got tuner and fullsac header and will change pipes to freedom exhausts im wondering maybe i will just have doc in mineola select a cam and give me a tune?
Since ill be loaded up w a woman and luggage im not lookin to do any racing so the big question is do you guys think i would be satisfied leaving as a 96 instead of a 103???

prodrag1320

• Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2013, 08:19:14 PM »

ide atleast go 103",but ide still go 107".we do alot of milder,touring 107" that have tons of miles on them with no probs at all

Toddster

• It is what it is

« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2013, 08:26:59 PM »

Kirby

Do you have a dyno onsite. Ddnt see one in ur pics on your website.

Todd

HILLSIDECYCLE.COM

• Banned
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2013, 06:40:04 AM »

Still contemplating this project. Given i got tuner and fullsac header and will change pipes to freedom exhausts im wondering maybe i will just have doc in mineola select a cam and give me a tune?
Since ill be loaded up w a woman and luggage im not lookin to do any racing so the big question is do you guys think i would be satisfied leaving as a 96 instead of a 103???

A 107" WILL NOT be a problem, as we have bored that cylinder to those dimensions here since 2007, using or proprietary Wiseco piston/gasket kit.
A cam and cylinder head combo to fit your needs, and a good tune, will have you VERY suprised as to how that'll run.
Scott
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Page created in 0.227 seconds with 21 queries.