Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: TTS/SEPST question  (Read 4005 times)

Buckeye_Tuning

• Mister Dick
  • Banned
  • Full CVO Member
Re: TTS/SEPST question
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2013, 01:27:11 AM »

Aviation M/C Company    848 Lakeshore Rd E.    Sakeview    ON    Canada    416-477-7089    www.aviationmotorcycle.com

Heritage Cycle Works    3515 Coons Rd, Unit #1    Brockville    ON    Canada    613 342-1550    www.heritagecycleworks.com

Moto Sport Plus    295 Dalton Ave    Kingston    ON    Canada    613-544-4600    www.motosportplus.com

Task Performance    7616 Mud St.    Grassie    ON    Canada

TTS tuners in Ontario.
Never Ever Forget; Never Ever Forgive

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2013, 11:01:12 AM »

Ok that was easy thanks to Hogmike. I thought it was saved to the TTS database.

It's not readable because I don't know which program to use to open it, but I suppose that's irrelevant- I guess it's only there to be downloaded directly onto the bike using the TTS?

Correct......it's only there to allow you to use your TTS to "restore" it back to your bike.
 Not to read, open, or change by another program, by design.
 8)
HOGMIKE

North Star

• CANADA- Love it or Leave it
  • 1K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2009 CVO Road Glide- Orange/Black
    • CVO2: 2015 Ducati Monter 821- Star White
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2013, 11:12:36 AM »

I'm just west of Toronto, so Task is near me, but I haven't heard good things about them. The others are 3-4 hrs away, and I have no idea of their reputation. Thanks for the info though.

2009 Screamin' Eagle Road Glide- Electric Orange/Vivid Black
GMR 113", GMR 600 cams, Fullac DX & Kuryakyn Crushers, SE Heavy Breather, tuned by "Dyno Dave" Stoddart
Jagg 10 row fan assisted oil cooler
Axeo Legends/Ohlins 3-3/True Track front and rear
C&C Fastback seat w/orange flame stitching & a Le Pera Maverick
PYO Monkey Bars- 10"
Freedom Shields 12" light grey
Hawg Wired "six pack"amp/speakers, Iron Cross ipod interface
HD Daymaker headlights
Detachable King Tour Pak in Electric Orange

GMR-PERFORMANCE

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2013, 08:37:44 AM »

Myself that tune with TTS SEST SERT PV PCIII PCV ECM SPY etc  cannot understand the statement of I can tune the SEST but the TTS is not something I can..

If you can tune a SEST then you can tune a TTS..  Its like getting a new version of internet explorer... You target an AFR you alter the VE tables on both cylinders to achieve the targeted afr .. Same thing on both brands.. I have to tune a ton of SEST and the issues they have is a donkey cart full.. Timing tables that do what they what, throttle control that will alter as it sees fit.. This is all part of the SEST.  The lock out deal is way blown out if you ask me..
« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 07:14:07 AM by GMR-PERFORMANCE »
2012 SHARK  S&S 124 150/140   www.gmrperformance.com

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2013, 08:53:26 AM »

Myself that tune with TTS SEST SERT PV PCIII PCV ECM SPY etc  cannot understand the statement of I can tune the SEST but the TTS is not something I can..

If you can tune a SEST then you can tune a TTS..  Its like getting a new version of internet explorer... You target an AFR you alter the VE tables on both cylinders to achieve the targeted afr .. Same thing on both brands.. I have to tune a ton of SEST and they issues they have is a donkey cart full.. Timing tables that do what they what, throttle control that will alter as it sees fit.. This is all part of the SEST.  The lock out deal is way blown out if you ask me..

IMHO the entire issue is either a statement of incompetence by those claiming an inability to tune with anything other than the SEPST, or more likely a policy decision to force more sales of the product they directly sell.  As you say, if someone really knows how to tune, the software and VCI used to do so shouldn't matter.  Someone not long ago tried to make the point that dealers (not my first choice for competent tuners btw) don't have the TTS software on their computers.  That would only be true if that particular dealership made it their policy, since H-D can't legally control what software they install on the stand alone computers used with most dyno's.  So once again we are back to them making a conscious decision to steer people to the product with the H-D brand on it, regardless of the relative merits of the products.  Harley customers should be used to that sort of thing by now.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

North Star

• 1K CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2013, 09:39:21 PM »

My guy's not a dealer- he is an older guy that is used to using the Pro Tuner, so that is what he sticks with.It gets the job done for him, quite well. From what I hear, that's how most guys are- they use one tuning device or another. Old school wrenches don't have the time or desire to sit in front a computer for hours keeping up on the latest and greatest things (greatest according to the on line community).

People come from all over to have him tune bikes. I'd rather have him tuning my bike with the Pro Tuner vs someone who uses the TTS and doesn't have half his tuning experience and knowledge.

The way I see it, the device is just the tool. It's the user of the tool that counts.

My bike should be ready for pick up Sat or Mon by the latest, and I'll post the chart and my impressions on the other thread I started.
GMR 113", GMR 600 cams, Fullac DX & Kuryakyn Crushers, SE Heavy Breather, tuned by "Dyno Dave" Stoddart
PYO Monkey Bars- 10"
HD Daymaker headlights

GMR-PERFORMANCE

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2013, 07:19:45 AM »

Not sure what a older guy is but being that I have grand kids in 3/5 grade I fall into that area. I use all of the tuning tools that I can. Its not about time really as it does not take much time to use one program more than the next.  But you are right if he likes the SEST program fine I am not going to get in a pissing match over some thing like this. Hell my chit runs fine.  :mango:
2012 SHARK  S&S 124 150/140   www.gmrperformance.com

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2013, 11:45:06 AM »

The way I see it, the device is just the tool. It's the user of the tool that counts.

EXACTLY.  My previous comment was more about some other folks who have posted recently about Harley dealers not having TTS or other brand software so that's why they won't consider the products other than SEPST.  If you've got a good tuner you trust, then by all means listen to him when it comes to the tuning system he prefers.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

North Star

• 1K CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2013, 11:06:57 AM »

Tuners map isnt downloading. Driving over there now to bring my TTS to flash in the OEM map. Hope that works and the ECM isnt otherwise locked out.
PYO Monkey Bars- 10"
HD Daymaker headlights

North Star

• 1K CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2013, 12:39:16 PM »

Ok it worked. We flashed back the stock map with the TTS then he was able to flash in a map with the SEPST.
PYO Monkey Bars- 10"
HD Daymaker headlights
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.153 seconds with 20 queries.