Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All

Author Topic: Removable Tourpack  (Read 25288 times)

AG

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • GA

Re: Removable Tourpack
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2015, 11:33:42 AM »

I have a 2014 cvo limited. Has anyone that removed their tourpac, installed the harley hidden antenna pn 76000513 ? Did you need to  purchase the Fairing power extension harness pn 69200921 or did you not need it since the bike came with the boom audio and amplifier already installed on the bike.

AG

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • GA

« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2015, 11:50:08 AM »

The turn signal bar is the same one that was used on the 2005 CVO Electraglide which had a light under it. part number for the light is 69353-05. Get the tag bracket that has a notch in the top to clear a bump-out in the lense. I used a Kuryakyn tag bracket without the notch. I notched it and still had to space it out with a washer on each bolt hole between the turn signal bar and tag bracket

cheeset202

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2015, 09:38:15 PM »

Detachable tour pack, hidden antenna license plate holder and custom seat, was a piece of cake to do, no other parts needed.

AG

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • GA

« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2015, 02:24:56 PM »

Bike looks great. I would have used that seat but wanted to use the rider backrest . I used the custom dynamics led turn signals and run turn brake module smoke lens and chrome bezel

MGCVO

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MA

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2015, 02:33:55 PM »

I installed a Mustang solo seat. Also made my own wire harness to run the locks on the bags. . I did not use the quick disconnect for the tour pack I like the cleaner look without it, Besides its only 4 bolt’s to take it on/off.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 02:45:51 PM by CVO23 »

MGCVO

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MA

« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2015, 02:35:43 PM »

Another
« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 02:44:14 PM by CVO23 »

AG

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • GA

« Reply #36 on: March 16, 2015, 03:37:08 PM »

I agree on the cleaner look. I do like the quick release racks  look better when using the tour pac. Doesn't have the the tag bracket across the back. I will probably get the insert covers and remove the quick release hardware when the tour pack is removed for long periods of time.

cb311asu

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NC

« Reply #37 on: April 25, 2015, 02:17:08 PM »

Has anyone with the new infotainment system had issues when they remove the tourpak because it removes two speakers or is this addressed in the quick detach kit?

cheeset202

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
« Reply #38 on: April 25, 2015, 07:56:49 PM »

Does not cause any issues with infotainment system, I had to cut some cable ties on the wiring harness so the plugs for the saddlebag locks could reach, fold the rest up under the seat.  I did add some 3M clear plastic on the rear fender to keep the quick disconnects from marring the paint when I put the tour pack and touring seat back on.

cambo

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Breakout
    • CVO2: 2015 Ultra Limited
« Reply #39 on: May 04, 2015, 08:04:15 AM »

Quick question:
I have read the service manual to figure out how to just remove the tour pack and as far as I can tell I just need to unplug the cables for the light bar and the speakers and undo the 4 bolts that secure the tour pack to the fender. I figure I'd just have to reverse that process, which is not all that labor intensive to put the tour pack back on.

Is that it or am I missing something?

Cam

AG

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • GA

« Reply #40 on: May 04, 2015, 08:43:29 AM »

That will work. The wire that goes to your right saddle bag will not reach the connector once you wrap the wiring harness around to fit under your seat. The cover on the harness can be unwrapped and you can separate the wires that go to the saddle bag. I took the pins out of the connector, removed the short piece of gloss black insulation. I then slid a long piece of heat shrink wire insulation with out heating on the wires first then put the gloss wire insulation over the wires next so that both wires going to the bags will look the same coming out from under the seat then I put the pins back into the connector. Then rewrapped the harness with the right saddle bag wires left out of the wrap.I think without using quick detach hardware it might be hard fit the tour pac bracket back in the slots of the fender struts without scratching something unless you have help lining it up.

MGCVO

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MA

« Reply #41 on: May 04, 2015, 08:47:34 AM »

Cam that’s all there is to it! It takes me 15 min to take off the stock seat, tour pack and install the solo seat. I did it twice this weekend.

cambo

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Breakout
    • CVO2: 2015 Ultra Limited
« Reply #42 on: May 04, 2015, 12:05:51 PM »

Thank you for the response. I really would love to have a SG, but don't want to sell the CVO BO and don't want to have 3 bikes.

Cam

Fast FLHX

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: Kryptonite FLHXSE2 (Sold)
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO Limited (Sold)
    • CVO3: 2020 Smokey Grey/Black Hole FLHXSE
« Reply #43 on: May 11, 2015, 12:28:33 AM »

Detachable tour pak and 4 point docking kit. For license plate I just used SG setup and put tour pak wired under seat.

Fast FLHX

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: Kryptonite FLHXSE2 (Sold)
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO Limited (Sold)
    • CVO3: 2020 Smokey Grey/Black Hole FLHXSE
« Reply #44 on: May 11, 2015, 12:33:51 AM »

Another
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All

Page created in 0.144 seconds with 21 queries.