Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Author Topic: To those of you who have done it already  (Read 11175 times)

willyB

• 1K CVO Member
GMR Genesis 577
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2014, 09:06:03 PM »

Bike goes in tomorrow. First warm day here in a while.

GMR 577's, lifters, pushrods, cam bearings, a new TTS tuner and a dyno tune from the guy (hrdtail78) that Doc recommended to me here in the St. Louis area.

Unless I find a bag of cash in my dreams tonight no headwork. Goal is to add a little bit of length in the rpm and help cool the beast down, really not concerned about dyno number from just a cam. If I'm still inspired next winter I'll do the heads and throttle body.

We've really got some great guys here on CVOHARLEY! A big thank you to all of you've I've talked with! ;D

Okay the GMR 577 cams, S&S pushrods, bearings and TTS tuner have been installed by a great local St. Louis shop and fellow CVO Member, Jason (aka. Hrdtail78) at C & S Speed Shop in Alorton, IL 618-271-1523.

Thanks Jason, your were awesome to do business with! I also want to thank Steve with GMR for passing on his knowledge and also to Doc for turning me on to Jason.

My bike has V&H Dresser Duals and Reinhart 4" mufflers. I knew going in that these headers would kill the look of my dyno sheet but my goal as noted above was to get a little more RPM and to cool this beast down. Next year when I save some more cash i am planning GMR headwork, throttle body and a new header.

Regardless of the dyno numbers the TQ curve is awesome! No stump puller and not a 1/4 mile screamer. This GMR 577 cam delivered as advertised. A very nice broad TQ curve. Only rode it home for about 50 miles but I really like the power delivery.

So, for your amusement here is my dyno sheet.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 08:27:42 AM by willyB »
GMR 577 Cams, S & S Lifters, S & S Pushrods, V&H Headers, Rinehart 4” Slipons, TTS Tuner, 12" Yaffee Monkey Bars, Color Matched Chopped Tour Pak (510 HP and 763 TQ +/-)

Snakebyte

• Full CVO Member
Re: To those of you who have done it already
« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2014, 09:12:06 PM »

Looks good to me.  :2vrolijk_21:

willyB

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2014, 09:20:37 PM »

Exhaust header same as above with V&H Hi Output Mufflers, PCV and stock 255 cams.

Same bike but different tuners.
GMR 577 Cams, S & S Lifters, S & S Pushrods, V&H Headers, Rinehart 4” Slipons, TTS Tuner, 12" Yaffee Monkey Bars, Color Matched Chopped Tour Pak (510 HP and 763 TQ +/-)

TorqueInc

• Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. Mark Twain
  • Vendor
  • Senior CVO Member
« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2014, 11:28:23 PM »

Good lookin sheet ....bet it rides as good as that sheet looks  :2vrolijk_21:
2011 SG Sedona Orange 105" 125/123

www.jwperf.com

hrdtail78

• Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2014, 11:01:22 AM »

It was my pleasure, and I appreciate the business.  If you are happy.  I am happy.

Dale

« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2014, 03:33:18 PM »

110 with Andrew 54s, .030 head gasket, Fullsac X-pipe, tts tuner, Hi flow a/c, 4" Rinehart slip-ons
2010 CVO Ultra, Andrew 54s, .030 head gasket, Fullsac X-Pipe, TTS Tuner, Hi flow a/c, 4" Rinehart slip ons, 12" Wild Ones

willyB

• 1K CVO Member
GMR Genesis 577's
« Reply #36 on: March 22, 2014, 11:03:12 AM »

Just wanted to update everyone on these cams that I had installed recently. Cams ONLY, new pushrods, S&S lifters, cam bearings, TTS tuner, V&H true dual dresser duals and 4" Rinehart slipons.

Since I'm running true duals and I did not do anything to increase compression I really wasn't expecting BIG power numbers. True duals limited the overall numbers but at 114 TQ, 99 HP I'm very happy.

I chose this cam for two reasons. #1: to help reduce heat on right leg. #2: to add a little length to rpm.

I've had it out for two 200+ mile days (2 Up) so far and I'm extremely happy! This cam provides a very smooth power delivery which is great everyday riding. Low rpm TQ is no issue and power to pass is really outstanding.

Although it was not real warm out (low mid 70's) I absolutely could not feel the heat! No joke. This cam made my 110 very cool running.

As with anything to do with building engines. More money more power! But for a bolt in cam it solved my two HUGE concerns with the 110.

Smooth power delivery with longer legs and a much much cooler running engine.

sloride

• Vendor
  • Full CVO Member
Re: GMR Genesis 577's
« Reply #37 on: March 22, 2014, 11:47:51 AM »

I have heard lots of good things about that cam. Good bolt-in and is ready to do more if you choose to do so down the line
2013 RGC CVO (Bevo)
2013 RGC (Da Reaper)

Fatboy

• 1K CVO Member
  • "Orange Crush" 94Hp / 119Tq
« Reply #38 on: March 22, 2014, 12:03:07 PM »

WillyB,

Just curious, but why start a whole new cam thread (I know need more  ;)) when a continuation of your existing thread would suffice and would have allowed for keeping all things pertinent to your build all grouped in one place and easier for us readers to follow along?

Fatboy

willyB

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #39 on: March 22, 2014, 05:01:04 PM »

Didn't know I would upset the forum world protocol. Sorry about that!

sloride

• Vendor
  • Full CVO Member
« Reply #40 on: March 22, 2014, 08:36:02 PM »

Didn't know I would upset the forum world protocol. Sorry about that!

Keep on keepin on WillieB...forum protocols are like tampons...they need to be changed regularly ;D ;D ;D

I don't want to track down all this stuff...tell us what you done and how it worked out
2013 RGC CVO (Bevo)
2013 RGC (Da Reaper)

willyB

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #41 on: March 22, 2014, 10:06:20 PM »

I'll post two in a row. The first was my original dyno from my original setup. The blue line is the canned map from FuelMoto and the red line is my local tuners tune.

This a 2011 CVO Street Glide with V&H dresser duals, V&H hi-output slip Ons with a Power Commander V.

Ran nice and fine but it was just too hot for me and I wasn't a fan of the big quick TQ that killed the fun at 4000 RPM
« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 10:08:11 PM by willyB »

willyB

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #42 on: March 22, 2014, 10:19:39 PM »

This is the second one.

This is the same bike and same V&H dresser dual header but with Rinehart 4" slip ons, TTS Tuner and GMR 577 cams.

You'll notice that my peak HP flat lines but the tuner said that is most likely the V&H header.

This cams long TQ curve is what drew me to this cam. The bike's power delivery is smooth as silk and really gets moving and will run strong all the way to 5000 RPM now. Haven't felt the desire to redline it because it runs just like I wanted.

When I feel the need to spend some more money on headwork and a larger throttle body I'm quite sure this thing will produce some impressive numbers. But for now my goal has been met by significantly reducing the right leg heat and added another 1000 RPM to throttle.

willyB

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #43 on: March 22, 2014, 10:31:16 PM »

I spent a lot of time looking at TQ curves on many cams before finding and choosing the GMR 577. Honestly it was between this and the Kury 24 cam. They're nearly identical but I chose the GMR's because they really took the time to talk through my questions.

I had thought about the Wood 777's but while they really hit on the top end I didn't think it would work for my riding style. 99.9% 2-Up.

This sheet is my brothers 103 with Rinehart true duals, Rinehart 4" slip ons, Wood 777 cams, 10.5-1 SE Pistons, SE ported heads, SE 58mm throttle body and SE tuner. It really runs strong but as you can see from the TQ curve it doesn't get it until about 3000 RPM which ultimately wasn't how I ride.

Just some food for thought.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 10:37:12 PM by willyB »

thorgod18263

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NY

« Reply #44 on: March 26, 2014, 06:46:15 PM »

this is going to sound stupid but im new to mechanics I have cvo ultra classic 2013 110 can anyone tell me what the hp is on the stock motor
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Page created in 0.197 seconds with 21 queries.