Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: engine stops at low temp?  (Read 621 times)

Bollocks

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE02
engine stops at low temp?
« on: March 25, 2014, 07:58:49 PM »

Hi fellow CVO bikers,

Strange problem, can anyone give me some advice?
I hope my explanation is clear enough to give you an idea of what is happening, I don't know how to put it otherwise.

Last sunday-morning I went for a ride, temp around 40°F, after 10 minutes of driving, the engine stops and doesn't react anymore, even when the bike is still in gear (as when a push-start is done), it doesn't fire up. (meanwhile still driving/rolling) I pull the clutch, restart the engine with the startbutton without any problem and drove on.... 10 minutes later, the same problem, I restarted the engine again .... the rest of the day I had no problems at all, drove it for about 2 hours.
In the afternoon, I took the bike for a second spin, and I didn't have the problem anymore.

The same thing happend just before Chrismas, temp around 45°F, the engine stalls 2 times, then it kept on running without any problem. I parked the bike at work outside for the whole day and took it home after work, temp dropped to 40°F but had no problems anymore.

Between those two rides I did some small rides,  but temp ware higher, didn't have the problem.

Seems like when temp is low and after the engine is starting to warm up after a while, there is a problem with the ignition or the electrical pulse to ignite.
To give you an idea of the feeling when the engine drops death, I remember having the same symptoms once with my Sporty, but then the masscable had broken off, no more electrical juice at all.
Any ideas?
Thanks!

Greetings from Belgium and keep the shine side up!
Bollocks
Electra Glide CVO 2007
Never mind the Bollocks, Ride to Live - Live to Ride

2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Stage 1 EFI kit, Super Tuner SE
Jekyll and Hyde Huge Big Shot exhaust
Freedom Shields 7" Light grey
ProGuards Crash bar protection
Zumo 550

Page created in 0.113 seconds with 21 queries.