Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: V&H power duals ... high outputs ??  (Read 7262 times)

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • PA

V&H power duals ... high outputs ??
« on: May 27, 2014, 08:19:35 PM »

Anyone using these?? Pro-cons?? Used on a FLHTKSE
Why all the full sac's?
Thx... 4545.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 08:27:51 PM by 4545 »

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
Re: V&H power duals ... high outputs ??
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2014, 08:36:27 PM »

There are some using these pipes and eventually will chime in. As for the Full Sac's the Vendor is a member and seems to be very helpful to anyone asking. I have not tried his products but the reason seems to be a cost effective way to get rid of the CAT and keeping the dual pipe look that many prefer. They also can provide maps to help get a decent starting point. Ok that is about as much as I know.
Oh Yea…… Welcome to the site

FLHTCUSE7

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2014, 11:20:20 PM »

My buddy runs this on his 2013 CVO, and I run True duals with monster rounds and the Fuelpak.

Both sounds pretty good, not in anyway to loud.

robinswl

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited, FLHTKSE
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2014, 11:40:57 PM »

You might have a flat spot on your torque curve with those pipes if you put it on a dyno. Bet those pipes would be better matched with a cam upgrade. Are you running the Stage 1 tune that came with the bike or did you change it? I'm using the Fullsac DX header with 2" cores and the TTS tune. I'm getting great performance with that setup.

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • PA

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2014, 08:37:31 AM »

Would it be better to use the V&H Power dual with the existing slipon with a fulsac core ? Question...Why only the 2" and not the 2.5"? It will be tuned prior to picking up. Stage 1 kit installed and either SE Race tuner or TTS...Haven't decided on which to install !!!???!!!
Thanx again,

JoeVibe

• 1K CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: 2022 CVO Road Glide Limited
    • CVO2: 2014 Titanium/Black FLHRSE6
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2014, 10:34:29 AM »

I had V&H power duals and twin slash rounds put on my bike when it was new to eliminate the cat and help with the heat issues. Really liked the look of the pipe and the sound of the system and gained a couple of HP/TQ.

With my recent engine work, I switched the mufflers to crusher mellows because they really enhanced the left side of the torque curve over the twin slashes. The new mufflers are quieter than the old ones were when cruising and they still have a good "bark" when I accelerate. I stayed with the Power Dual pipes, still very happy with the look and sound.

Joe

owl893

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Autumn Haze
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2014, 06:17:06 AM »

Got 'em both on a 2011 CVO Street Glide.  Also added a SERT and had it Dyno'ed. I have no complaints, no issues. The sound is low and "throaty", I do not find it too loud at idle or highway speed. I like the look of the power duals, the finish is top quality and V&H customer service is available and reliable. There are other combinations that may offer better performance, so if you are looking to squeeze out every ounce of HP and TQ there are others that may outperform this setup. For me, this has worked well.

OWL
1961 DUO GLIDE, 1979 FLH, 1999 FXDWG, 2001 FXSTS, 2003 FLHRCI, 2004 FLSTCI, 2005 FLHT, 2006 FLHXI, 2011 FLHXSE2

moscooter

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2014, 07:49:21 AM »

::)
When I got my new '09 SE Ultra,  I had ordered in the V&H Power Duals to be installed at the dealers.  By their error,  they installed and ultimately dynode the bike with the V&H (True Duals) on it with Rinehart mufflers.  Pointing out the mistake,  they gave me the bike and would order in the correct pipes.  The bike was waaaaaaaaaay LOUD with that setup.

Finally,  the Power Duals arrived and were installed.  Still loud,  but not nearly as much as before, and these pipes boosted the HP and torque ratings when dynoed again.

jpdchicago

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHRSE 2014
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2014, 09:38:24 AM »

I have the power duals and monster rounds setup.
Much better (more power and torque) if you are not planning anything beyond stage 1.
If you are going to swap cams and dyno tune (and if you like LOUD), then go with power duals and HO.

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2014, 12:05:36 PM »

Why do people use Fullsac? For one, Steve is a member here and provides excellent support. Two, it is a proven product that produces known results. Three, it maintains the stock look by using the stock heat shields and mufflers (with the EPA stamp on them). Four, one can get virtually any sound desired by swapping out the cores only, then downloading a new map via the TTS Mastertune.  And the maps are REALLY good ones too, not a "best guess".  Finally, it is probably the most cost effective package available, coming in at less than $1100.00 for head pipe, cores, TTS, and cables.  With some basic tools and a laptop the job can be done in your garage in about 4 hours or so.

Not to say that there are not other good systems out there.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2014, 01:37:52 PM »

Would it be better to use the V&H Power dual with the existing slipon with a fulsac core ? Question...Why only the 2" and not the 2.5"? It will be tuned prior to picking up. Stage 1 kit installed and either SE Race tuner or TTS...Haven't decided on which to install !!!???!!!
Thanx again,

The CVO bikes are already "Stage 1" from the factory, with a high flow air cleaner and lower restriction exhaust standard.  What kit are you referring to in your post?

Of the two tuning system choices you mentioned, the TTS would be my recommendation.  There are several feature related reasons, but the clincher for a new bike is that the TTS will allow you to easily return the bike to the stock calibration in case you have a warranty problem, whereas the SEPST does not and it also leaves evidence in the ECM of it being used.  Harley has been known to deny claims based on the use of nonstandard parts and calibrations.

Contact Fullsac and/or read the many threads around here for your questions concerning baffle size options.  It depends on what you want to achieve, from relatively quiet for touring, to a good balance of sound and performance, to just obnoxious noise with no additional performance for the less mature crowd.  Choose your poison.

JMHO - Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

jpdchicago

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2014, 01:51:49 PM »

FYI, you can also return the map to stock with the new Fuelpak FP3 (through your iphone). Using it on my 2014 CVO Road King and it runs great. Plus is is made by Vance and Hines and they already have maps in place to download and flash to the bike.

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • PA

« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2014, 04:09:28 PM »

The CVO bikes are already "Stage 1" from the factory, with a high flow air cleaner and lower restriction exhaust standard.  What kit are you referring to in your post?

Does the CVO have the plastic backing plate restrictor behind the breather? Bike isn't here yet so I can't look at one. My 2011 TK and 2006 Ultra had a huge one and changed to the stage 1 kit.

Edit...Will the dealer install Fulsac cores ??
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 04:14:30 PM by 4545 »

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2014, 04:36:11 PM »

Does the CVO have the plastic backing plate restrictor behind the breather? Bike isn't here yet so I can't look at one. My 2011 TK and 2006 Ultra had a huge one and changed to the stage 1 kit.

Edit...Will the dealer install Fulsac cores ??

The CVO Limited comes stock with the Ventilator air cleaner, not the standard air cleaner you're thinking of.  It has a metal backing plate and a large exposed filter element.  See attachment; click on it to enlarge enough to read it.

The only way to know if your dealership will install the Fullsac cores would be to ask them.  Some will, some won't.  If yours won't, you can always find someone else to do it.  It's pretty straightforward, but you need a die grinder or similar tool to grind the welds holding the stock baffle in the muffler.  Then you have to drill a hole in the muffler can for a bolt to secure the new core (baffle).

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

jpdchicago

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2014, 10:20:52 AM »

What it looks like with Power duals and Monster rounds
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.163 seconds with 21 queries.