Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Performance Mods  (Read 8051 times)

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
Performance Mods
« on: October 25, 2004, 04:14:22 PM »

I just picked up my 05 SEEG and love it!!! Wondering what the consensus is for aftermarket pipes, cams, intake ect.

Thanks and great site!! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Re: Performance Mods
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2004, 06:07:19 PM »

hd-dude welcome to the site.   This place is full of a lot of information on your bike.  I'd suggest by going through the pages of topics right here in the Electra Glide Discussion.....looking for topics of interest to you.

Here's a link that you can start with.  It was a real popular link when our bikes were all new, last year.......  http://flhrsei.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=eg_gen;action=display;num=1072508181

and here is another good one to review........  http://flhrsei.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=eg_gen;action=display;num=1082739096

Those two should get you runnin....hope they help.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

geezerglide

• 1K CVO Member
  • New Geezerglide
    • AB

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2004, 06:39:45 PM »

hd-dude,

I have an 03 SE 103". At present Engine is in Phoenix at SBC, they have machined and ported the heads. Going gear Drive with Andrews 55G Cams, Baker Six Speed. Pipes either V&H Pro Pipe which was on my 95" build or stay with V&H True Duals c/w V&H Ovals, whichI also ran on the 95".

That is basically all I am going to do, want to have dependable strong engine for around town and highway cruising. Bike is and 03 road Glide.

geezerglide

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member

• Metal Dragon
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2004, 06:47:33 PM »

hd-dude welcome to the site.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2004, 07:47:32 PM »

hd-dude I gorgot to ask......where are you at in Cali?  I'm in Sac.

Geezerglide, of course, we want to see the dyno sheet, when it's all done.  That setup sounds interesting to me.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

geezerglide

• 1K CVO Member
  • New Geezerglide
    • AB

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2004, 09:11:12 PM »

JCZ,

Once Charlie and Hippo get finshed with the build, install, tuned and run in, will dyno bike, am bringing rest of engine to Phoenix around Nov. 4 - 5.

Also going to the Bike Show in Tempe that weekend. I guess Paul and Paulie are going to be there.

Will bring you guys up to date.

If any one is going to be in Phoenix for the NASCAR Race or Bike Show that weekend shoot me a post where you will be and maybe we can get together for a beer.

geezerglide

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member

• Metal Dragon
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2004, 09:43:32 PM »

JCZ,
I am in San Leandro Its right next to Oakland if your not familiar with it.
Has anyone used the Thunder header with the false left pipe? I had a thunder header on my Road king and it performed well.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2004, 01:23:31 AM »

JCZ,
I am in San Leandro Its right next to Oakland if your not familiar with it.
Has anyone used the Thunder header with the false left pipe? I had a thunder header on my Road king and it performed well.

Know well, where San Leandro is.  AK is from Cupertino and Hotrodstitcher (both from this site) is from the same area.  We all get together from time to time.  There are several more here from Sac and the bay area, too.

Somebody here, actually, I think two different people here are running the Thunderheader with the false left side.  If I could do my exhaust over, that's what I'd go with.  I run Thunderheader for years on several different bikes and finally switched to Vance & Hines Pro Pipe for something a little more quiet.  But I really miss the Thunderheader deep sound.  Thunderheader is the best sounding exhaust on the market in my opnion.

West Coast GTG   

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2004, 09:09:10 AM »

What ever mods you go with have someone that is good dyno tune the bike before and after you won't be sorry.
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2020, 12:43:35 PM »

I just picked up my 05 SEEG and love it!!! Wondering what the consensus is for aftermarket pipes, cams, intake ect.

Thanks and great site!! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Welcome aboard HD-Dude.  Those 05s were great bikes.  Here's hoping you get a good handle on and really enjoy doing all that work yourself !!   :drink:   :huepfenlol2:

TraumaSlave

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TN

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2020, 04:30:16 PM »

Holy Resurrection Bat Man.
A cat almost always blinks when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer.

McLarenCVO04

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

• CVO1: 2004 Screaming Eagle Huckleberry
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2022, 08:48:10 AM »

I am wondering the same questions lol. Finding an open source tuner for our bikes seems to be a challenge as well.

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2022, 09:29:29 AM »

I am wondering the same questions lol. Finding an open source tuner for our bikes seems to be a challenge as well.
Open source tuner?
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

McLarenCVO04

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

• CVO1: 2004 Screaming Eagle Huckleberry
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2022, 09:43:35 AM »

I was told to buy something that was tuneable and not just uploading maps. Maybe that was the wrong advice. Set me straight on a good tuner to buy lol.

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2022, 12:09:49 PM »

I was told to buy something that was tuneable and not just uploading maps. Maybe that was the wrong advice. Set me straight on a good tuner to buy lol.
TTS is one. I believe Power Vision is another. I've always had someone tune my bikes so I can't speak for usage of them. I think I saw where you're in Mansfield. I'm not familiar with the aptitude of Hale's mechanics on their work. Roader's racing to the north is pretty good at what they do and also Sheffer over in Evansville (that's a bit of a haul) is also very reputable. I'll say that once my bikes have been tuned, there was no reason to touch them as any upgrades were done before hand.

If you're just looking for a one time tune, I'd pay someone to do it and let them use what they're the most comfortable with. If it's going to be an ongoing process, find the one that will be that you'll be the most comfortable with.

The big guns will be along to give much better advice than I did but I thought I'd toss out the info I have based on my experience.

sent using Tapatalk

PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.165 seconds with 21 queries.