Custom Vehicle Discussions > CVO™ Road Glide Ultra®

How to take the plastic surround off around the forks lock?

<< < (2/4) > >>

WildmanUltra:
I'm going to give this a try tomorrow. Got family in town so today is shot for working on the bike.

WildmanUltra:
I never got a chance to work on the handlebars yet. But think I might get a chance to mess with them today or tomorrow.

I'm trying to undo all the cobbled CRAP the PO had done to this bike. Instead of buying the CORRECT parts when he took the heel shifter off he used a piece of pipe and some clear backing tape to keep the pipe from rattling...………... :'( :'( :( >:(

Then the Airfoil parts are BO until Nov so I've got to go with a different design. I'll get it all figured out and fixed just is frustrating a little that someone would do this to a $40K bike.

WildmanUltra:
Getting the Dang Nab surround back into the bike was harder than taking the thing off. I'm going to order a spare one since I bent the plastic tab a little.

OBB:

--- Quote from: WildmanUltra on June 24, 2019, 09:50:17 PM ---Getting the Dang Nab surround back into the bike was harder than taking the thing off. I'm going to order a spare one since I bent the plastic tab a little.

--- End quote ---
part number 25700335. Been there, done that.

WildmanUltra:

--- Quote from: OBB on June 25, 2019, 05:59:48 AM ---part number 25700335. Been there, done that.

--- End quote ---

That part number is no longer valid.

Here is the part # for the black one. 25700870
Do you have a part # for the sticker that goes on top?

The funny part of all this was that whom ever did the PDI on this bike hadn't taken the plastic cover off the trim piece.  :nixweiss:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version