Custom Vehicle Discussions > CVO™ Softail® Deluxe

2014 Softail Deluxe Advice

(1/2) > >>

HN Man:
Hi folks, I was hoping to get your opinions in relation to a 2014 Deluxe as the reviews seem quite mixed. I presently have a '15 CVO SG and love it for touring, especially with the 110, however, it isn't all that practical for city riding/cruising.
As such, I'm considering looking at a second bike and like the idea of either a 2014 Deluxe, or a brand new Softail Slim S which as you would know also has the 110.
I'm looking at a used 2014 CVO Deluxe with only 700 miles on it in pristine condition for the same price as a new Slim S. My inclination is to go for the CVO Deluxe over the Slim S, but I'm just a little worried about some of the reviews and seeming low interest in them.
I'd be really interested in your comments. By the way, I'm a larger guy, 240 pounds, 5'11" (I like beer too much). Thanks in advance.

Older Guy:
I went from 2011 SG to the deluxe. sorry I did it. Deluxe is to small for any all day riding. No comfort.
       Older Guy

HN Man:
Thanks Older Guy .... But I'm thinking about the Deluxe as a second bike for city use, and I'll keep the SG for touring. Does the Deluxe work for you for around town use?

68 XLCH:
Love the CVO Deluxe, sounds like a good deal.

BigDawgBrent:
Make sure you sit on the CVO Deluxe.  I ride a CVO Road King... my wife has the CVO Deluxe.  I'm 6'3", she's 5'2".  The CVO Deluxe is designed for a smaller rider.  It's lowered (and she complains about how frequently she scrapes), has reduced reach bars, and a smaller diameter grip.  Can I ride the CVO Deluxe?  Sure... Am I comfortable?  Somewhat.

Bottom line:  Sit on it... and know going in that it's designed for those 5'6" and under.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version