Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Author Topic: Journey to the 2016 Hollister Independence Rally and Yosemite National Park  (Read 7155 times)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8

Miguel and I left San Diego at 6 am and shot up I-5 to Lost Hills, Ca.  Then east on Ca 46 to James Dean Memorial Junction (where he was killed in a car accident) and on up the road to the Memorial.  Then we rode across the  Jack Ranch to Parkfield, Ca.  aka Earthquake Capital of the World.  We had a great lunch and then moved on.

Rolling north on Ca 25 we rode through Hollister where it was much cooler than our ride so far.  Soon we arrived at Andy & Sherry's house in Cupertino.  We all rode in to downtown San Jose to a little juke joint to listen to some live blues.  Fri. morning we rode over to Hollister for breakfast and the rally.

Just didn't feel like carrying my Nikon around and so it begin with my cell phone and many of those pics are on my facebook page.  However, once the babes started rolling out.....well, I just couldn't let Jock down so I went back to my bike and got my Nikon.

I didn't know they made em this tall......

Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

OK, I've got the camera now....let's get some pics for you guys that weren't able to make it to the rally....random views throughout the rally...

and let's not forget.....this is the independence rally...

Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

Many of you will recognize this photo (May 1947 Life Magazine), taken in front of Johnny's...now known as "The Birthplace of the American Biker".  Rumor has it that the photos in Life magazine were stagged and not candid shots.  We recently talked to the grandaughter of the man that owned Johnny's back then and she said that her grandfather was there when the photo was taken and he always claimed that it was completly staged...right down to the beer bottles placed along the curb in the gutter.

As a result of this article Hollywood quickly made the first biker movie "The Wild One" starring Marlon Brando and Lee Marvin...  

West Coast GTG   

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

The rest of it, riders much like yourselves have made it history over the years and decades.  I've always found it interesting at the numbers that show up for a little three day rally.  I suspect it's because this is where it all begin and people are fascinated by the history....now back to current day Johnny's and the rally.

West Coast GTG   

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

all the typical vendors selling motorcycle paraphernalia and junk...

and we've all seen the small breed dog carriers, but what about the big dog carriers?  Well here's a guy that has the solution mounted to a quick release luggage rack...

The sites can be interesting when you're just taking a break and sitting on the sidelines....

West Coast GTG   

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

West Coast GTG   

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

Prospect doin what prospects do....getting all the girls...  :P

and here we have a couple of shady lookin' characters hangin out in front of the massage parlor....

even the local casual passers by given them the suspicious eye... :huepfenlol2:  Keep an eye on these two hombres....there'll be more of them later....

West Coast GTG   

4fun

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NJ

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Limited

Nice pics, and you caught a little Marilyn Monroe shot with the skirt lifting in the wind.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

We strolled over to the beer garden to see who was playing.  Kind of sparse this early in the day and the first band about to start.  Somebody that none of us had heard of before...an all female tribute band to Led Zepplelin, Zepparella.  Not only were they hot and sexy, to our surprise they played well, too!  Within half hour of playing the beer garden was packed but I got the pics for all of you before it got to crowded.  I could have taken pics of these ladies and listened to their music all day and all night...they were easy to lay eyes on and ears to!  Here's doin the best I could for you guys....

A taste of their music (google their name for more videos of their music and calendar....they're out of San Francisco).... 

West Coast GTG   

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

West Coast GTG   

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

I've been watching Jock for about ten years now...learning all I could about taking these pics for all of you.  Framing the subject, photo groups, and how does he get the ladies to "light up".  I've come to learn that's something that each camera man has to develop his own style and then improve on it constantly.  I'm tryin........

West Coast GTG   

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

and now back to Zepparella.   For you guys in the east, they're going to be playing at the Glouchester Harvest Festival in Glouchester, Ma. on Sept. 17.

Angeline Saris....bass

Gretchen Menn....guitar

« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 01:31:11 PM by JCZ »

West Coast GTG   

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

Prospect Miguel at it again.....

West Coast GTG   

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

But it takes the man with the camera to get them to "light up"... :bananarock:

Proof....who's she checking out?  Thanx a bunch Jock for all the secrets of the trade....   :zroflmao:

West Coast GTG   

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

Now where were we?   Oh yea.....bike rally.....

Man this is rough.....you guys just don't realize what I go through for all of you.... :P

OK, prospect gets his moment in the sunshine......

West Coast GTG   
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Page created in 0.957 seconds with 22 queries.