Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: Journey to the 2016 Hollister Independence Rally and Yosemite National Park  (Read 7120 times)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8

It's obvious the big wheel look is fading fast but here's one for you guys that was nice, for what it is...

Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

Hollister was a good time but like any rally, after you've been to more of them than you can remember, a little goes a long way.  Time to roll and Miguel had never been to Yosemite National Park and so we left Andy & Sherry's about 6:30 a.m. on Sat.   As we rode east past Casa de Fruita, past I-5....all the way  east to Hwy. 99 it was hundreds, maybe thousands of motorcycles.  I am sure glad we weren't in Hollister on Sat!

The traffic was backed up five miles before the park entrance gate on that narrow, twisty two lane road but we didn't have much choice.  It was 101F and we had to move at a faster pace than 3 mph for two or three car lengths and then stop again.  So we did what we had to do....we hugged the double yellow and started moving to the front.  That five miles seemed like 500 miles.   This was our first clue that 4th of July weekend (like Memorial Day weekend....or any other holiday weekend) is not the time to come to Yosemite National Park! 

Finally through the gates.....had to stop and get my Nikon out of the tour pack.

We're rolling now!  Speed limit says 20 mph.....why are we doing 10 mph?  Feels like a funeral....can we pick up the pace ?  :nixweiss:

Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

At 101F there wasn't a chance we were going to see any ice......but the thought of it was kind of refreshing......for half a second.

But there is some melted snow and ice right beside the highway.....Miguel, it's really going to hurt for a long, long time if you fall in there.

West Coast GTG   

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

Clue number two.....cars literally double parked in one of the two traffic lanes and nobody in the cars!  :o   And how do the people get out that's parked in the legal parking space?

We had to stop and let the bikes cool down and we found a hole next to the dumpster that we could get both bikes in...

West Coast GTG   

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

Some kids and their mother was having a great time jumping off the bridge.....

and so Miguel joined them.......

West Coast GTG   

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

Personally, I would have preferred this.....

But Miguel preferred this....

West Coast GTG   

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

West Coast GTG   

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

My fashion statement....my Sunbrella Sun Shirt, cool vest and cool snake around my neck....color cordinated to match my bike of course.  Hey, at my age and at these temps we couldn't care less about the look good....it's the comfort that we're after.   :bananarock:

Honest ranger.....I just forgot to put my helmet on.....it's right here in my back seat.....see!  :huepfenlol2:

West Coast GTG   

ultra98

• Senior CVO Member

:2vrolijk_21:Wow thanks its on my bucket list

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

We rode the valley floor and then on over to the hotel.  Here's Miguel in the restaurant of the hotel....

West Coast GTG   

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

Did I mention that Yosemite was crowded? 

Bridelveil Fall

West Coast GTG   

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

West Coast GTG   

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

West Coast GTG   

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

Wawona was our next stop....

West Coast GTG   

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

The lady told Miguel she'd let him up on their little mules, Big D.  Miguel was having a bit of a hard time getting up on him...couldn't even reach the stirrups.  But after four or five times of trying to jump up on him.....he finally  made it.  When the lady told us this mule's name is Big D, her and the other lady begin to laugh...so I knew there had to be something more to this.  I asked "why do you call him Big D?".  She said "well you can call him Richard if you'd like" and they both busted out laughing.  Those girls been working around the studs to long....or been deprived of studs for to long.  :nixweiss:

Miguel is lucky this is their small mule!

West Coast GTG   
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.171 seconds with 26 queries.