Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Zummo 550 Mount on a FXSTSSE  (Read 2221 times)

tizone

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FXSTSSE
Zummo 550 Mount on a FXSTSSE
« on: June 01, 2010, 05:42:18 PM »

Anybody have a nice, clean mounting solution for a 550 on their springer?  PICS if you do!

harlee79

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FXSTSSE3
Re: Zummo 550 Mount on a FXSTSSE
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2010, 10:04:02 PM »

I have a Nuvi 550 mounted to my FLSTSI(Heritage Springer) using a cheap mount bought from ebay like this.

http://cgi.ebay.com/MOTORCYCLE-BIKE-MOUNT-GARMIN-NUVI-500-550-600-755T-/270585852274?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f002c7172

I really only use it when I have the windshield on but have had it on there without, just not for long distances without the shield.  It mounts nicely between the riser clamps.   I ran a power wire up to the front under the tank to power the unit, and it tucks away when not in use.  The clamp that holds the garmin screws on an off in a few seconds, so I can install and un-install in a few mins.  I can post up pics if this sounds like a solution that would work for your situation.

2009 FXSTSSE3 -Screaming Eagle Springer
2003 FLSTSI - Heritage Springer

tizone

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FXSTSSE
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2010, 05:24:10 AM »

I have a Nuvi 550 mounted to my FLSTSI(Heritage Springer) using a cheap mount bought from ebay like this.

http://cgi.ebay.com/MOTORCYCLE-BIKE-MOUNT-GARMIN-NUVI-500-550-600-755T-/270585852274?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f002c7172

I really only use it when I have the windshield on but have had it on there without, just not for long distances without the shield.  It mounts nicely between the riser clamps.   I ran a power wire up to the front under the tank to power the unit, and it tucks away when not in use.  The clamp that holds the garmin screws on an off in a few seconds, so I can install and un-install in a few mins.  I can post up pics if this sounds like a solution that would work for your situation.

That would be great.  I would love to see pics of your setup. 

harlee79

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FXSTSSE3
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2010, 10:50:41 AM »

Here is the setup I mentioned for my NUVI 550,

Here is the GPS mounted without windshield or power, works fine this way for short rides(within battery usage time)

Power connector run under Dash and speedo tucks away when not needed(wired to battery with a fuse)

Power cable I added, bought from autoparts store.  I wanted to be able to charge cell phone or anything not just power GPS.  You could also direct wire the GPS to plug in here if that is all you want to power.

Wire setup using original garmin car charger

Installed power cable, charger, and windshield.  I route the gps wire out one side and the power in the other.  If you didn't have a windshield or windshield bag you could direct wire the GPS with no slack so you don't have to stash all this stuff.

All buttoned up Ready for the open road.  Its a tight fit but it all fits with no rubbing anywhere and you can move the GPS unit around as needed, just piviot like you would in your car.  This setup works great for me and all of it removes without any sign of being there for cruising around town.  Good luck!!

« Last Edit: June 02, 2010, 11:12:46 AM by harlee79 »

2009 FXSTSSE3 -Screaming Eagle Springer
2003 FLSTSI - Heritage Springer

Page created in 0.15 seconds with 25 queries.