Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 20

Author Topic: 2020 THOUGHTS, IDEAS ,RUMORS  (Read 33172 times)

anzac

• Full CVO Member
Re: 2020 THOUGHTS, IDEAS ,RUMORS
« Reply #75 on: July 19, 2019, 11:47:32 AM »

its beyond me why the CVOs limited have had the worst colors over the last few years, I really can't understand the thought process. Looking at trading mine in but the colors were just too bad

King Glide

• 1K CVO Member
  • It's still Good To Be King !
    • LA

• CVO1: 2016 Roadglide Ultra
    • CVO2: 2014 Ultra Limited
    • CVO3: 2011 Roadglide Ultra
« Reply #76 on: July 19, 2019, 03:04:39 PM »

I just found out that the dealer meeting will be held on August 20. I’m sure there will be a couple live stream videos out there including one from Matt Laidlaw , laidlaw’s hd in California.
Got another shark and there's blood in the wind.
Back to the dark side !
  Personalized Plate
         GD2BKG

bbrown

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG BLK/BLU
    • CVO2: 11 SESG. ORANGE/ BLK
    • CVO3: 19 SERG LIGHTNING/ SLVR
« Reply #77 on: July 19, 2019, 06:59:39 PM »

Lots of discussion In Wisconsin and around the plant in Tomahawk ..to answer the high price issue....mostly do to the electronic crap  ...the SERK  road king will be back.  No stereo, no Nav. No communication
Like the old days .... a CVO for just enjoying the ride.   Sure hope this is true.
If it’s 5-7000 cheaper than a SESG. count me in...pending colors of course

T-Roy

• Elite CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Road King - Traded In
    • CVO2: 2019 Indian Chieftain Limited
« Reply #78 on: July 21, 2019, 09:28:18 AM »

;D

load97

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MN

• CVO1: 2017 CVO Street Glide Sunburst Orange/Starfire Black
    • CVO2: 2019 CVO Road Glide Red Pepper & Magnetic Grey With Black Hole
« Reply #79 on: July 21, 2019, 09:52:03 AM »

LOL  :mango:
2019 CVO Road Glide Red Pepper & Magnetic Grey With Black Hole
2017 CVO Street Glide Sunburst Orange/Starfire Black *Traded*

muddypaws

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2012 FLHTCUS7

• CVO1: 2005 CVO
    • CVO2: 2009 CVO SEUC
    • CVO3: 2017 CVO LIMITED
    • Re/Max
« Reply #80 on: July 21, 2019, 10:22:12 AM »

Please better colors and lots of chrome. Not into the black.
Bill

bbrown

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG BLK/BLU
    • CVO2: 11 SESG. ORANGE/ BLK
    • CVO3: 19 SERG LIGHTNING/ SLVR
« Reply #81 on: July 21, 2019, 11:35:43 AM »

Please better colors and lots of chrome. Not into the black

Sure hope you’re right

« Last Edit: July 21, 2019, 11:37:52 AM by bbrown »

scotman623

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NY

« Reply #82 on: July 21, 2019, 12:33:55 PM »

When I was picking up my CVO RG this past Friday I asked the owner about some 2020 information... She showed me the color chart but HQ have not told them which colors for what models yet.. She also stated the only true new models For 2020 are the Live wire, Some adventure bike which will not be released til early fall, She is thinking they will badge it a 2021 because of later release... Not sure what the CVO models will be again, SO really not much news at this time!!! Thanks HD for giving us the electric bike all your true followers were asking for!!! LOL LOL...

scottt

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #83 on: July 21, 2019, 01:55:49 PM »

When I was picking up my CVO RG this past Friday I asked the owner about some 2020 information... She showed me the color chart but HQ have not told them which colors for what models yet.. She also stated the only true new models For 2020 are the Live wire, Some adventure bike which will not be released til early fall, She is thinking they will badge it a 2021 because of later release... Not sure what the CVO models will be again, SO really not much news at this time!!! Thanks HD for giving us the electric bike all your true followers were asking for!!! LOL LOL...
I just don't get it; the touring line is Harley's bread and butter, way overdue for a frame and suspension redesign, what do they invest in? A overpriced electric bike and adventure model? The competition in these two sectors are fierce to say the least.

Guess they figure you can milk the baby boomers for a while longer without updating products while investing in models for non traditional buyers. Does Harley really think they will steal many BMW  GS riders? BMW has only been perfecting this bike for 10+ years, number one adventure bike in the world. Then you have great adventure bikes from Honda, Yamaha, KTM, Triumph. Why even try swimming in that pond? Stick to what you do best and improve it to the highest standards.

But what do i know? Just a 28 year Harley customer that recently bought a BMW K1600 B or bagger. It pained me to do it but couldn't ignore the difference in motorcycles. Not knocking Harley, still love them but not blindly.

Sent from my SM-J327T using Tapatalk

Threephase

• Elite CVO Member
    • TX

• CVO1: 2017 CVO Streetglide Starfire/Atomic Red
« Reply #84 on: July 21, 2019, 02:47:44 PM »

The MOCO does not seem to be worried about their loyal customers. All the clothing line ads and motorcycle ads feature individuals that look like no one I ever run across while out riding.
People call me Left. Because I ain’t Right.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #85 on: July 21, 2019, 02:51:52 PM »

The MOCO does not seem to be worried about their loyal customers. All the clothing line ads and motorcycle ads feature individuals that look like no one I ever run across while out riding.

Clothing models don't come in our sizes :huepfenlol2: !

Bav

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2018 CVO Road Glide Custom
« Reply #86 on: July 21, 2019, 04:19:15 PM »

I just don't get it; the touring line is Harley's bread and butter, way overdue for a frame and suspension redesign, what do they invest in? A overpriced electric bike and adventure model? The competition in these two sectors are fierce to say the least.

Guess they figure you can milk the baby boomers for a while longer without updating products while investing in models for non traditional buyers. Does Harley really think they will steal many BMW  GS riders? BMW has only been perfecting this bike for 10+ years, number one adventure bike in the world. Then you have great adventure bikes from Honda, Yamaha, KTM, Triumph. Why even try swimming in that pond? Stick to what you do best and improve it to the highest standards.

But what do i know? Just a 28 year Harley customer that recently bought a BMW K1600 B or bagger. It pained me to do it but couldn't ignore the difference in motorcycles. Not knocking Harley, still love them but not blindly.

I agree. I own a Harley and a BMW GS. The GS is the market leading Adventure bike and I would not consider the H-D alternative. I want the Harley for what it is. It’s the DNA of the Harley that attracts me to it. I also own a BSA, a Honda and an airhead BMW. They all have their charms and that’s why I’ve got them. What next a Land Rover 1 litre city car? Know your market!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Using Tapatalk

scottt

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #87 on: July 21, 2019, 05:18:39 PM »

I agree. I own a Harley and a BMW GS. The GS is the market leading Adventure bike and I would not consider the H-D alternative. I want the Harley for what it is. It’s the DNA of the Harley that attracts me to it. I also own a BSA, a Honda and an airhead BMW. They all have their charms and that’s why I’ve got them. What next a Land Rover 1 litre city car? Know your market!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Try the K1600B or Bagger. I bought one, the 6cyl is amazing in a motorcycle. I've yet to need more power. You start to pass, look down and your 100+ without trying.

Cooter28

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • ON

« Reply #88 on: July 21, 2019, 05:32:14 PM »

Just a wild guess, but I think the majority of us are probably over 50 and then some. Harley is looking 15,20,25 years out. We’re not riding or worse. So there trying to build a new market out of whatever you want to call the next generations. I’ve already used (sad) with my head shaking. Lol
Enjoy what we have. Because this is the best generation. Lol

JerseyT

« Reply #89 on: July 21, 2019, 08:22:44 PM »

I agree with all the comments made above.  Been riding 50+ years and own 3 Harleys now, all bought new ('84 FXRS, '95 Road King with S&S 113, Baker 6-spd, Bandit Superclutch, PM calipers, etc., and an '09 CVO Ultra).  Have ridden all over North America and Europe and have two major trips scheduled right now.  Point is ... "yes" I'm an aging baby boomer ... but I'm still a serious motorcyclist with disposable income.

Was hoping to replace my '09 CVO with an M8 version, but figured I'd wait to make sure all the bugs were worked out of design and that maybe Harley would upgrade the suspension, etc.  Ha!  Saw reviews on the new BMW K1600B and decided to test ride it.  Holy $hit!  This thing is so far advanced by any objective performance and feature measure vs. what Harley is offering that it is incomprehensible unless you try one out.  6,500+ miles of smiles on it now.  Love my Harleys, but I've been exposed to a whole new world of performance biking and I can't see The Motor Company ever catching up.  They are too busy designing "Slim Fit" clothes for Millennial's and third world consumers. 
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 20

Page created in 0.173 seconds with 25 queries.