Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 3 pin connector from dash ignition switch  (Read 640 times)

ltank

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2000 FXR4 S&S V111, CustomS.S. 2-1 exhaust, Primo-Rivera OD 6 speed, 49mm Custom Front End Ohlins 30mm Fork cartridges , Hyperpro Shocks, Barnett Scorpian Clutch
    • CVO2: 1983 88" Shovelhead Won the World of Wheels 1985 Sept 85 Issue of Hot Bike Mag
    • CVO3: 1989 FXRS, 1990 Custom 100" Shovelhead/ EVO
3 pin connector from dash ignition switch
« on: August 11, 2018, 10:42:28 PM »

Has anyone had the three pin connector come loose from the dash ignition switch. Mine came loose and had a intermittent connection. It drove me nuts. Looking at it it appeared to be in place. One minute it was fine I had lights and ignition. It would sputter and tachometer goes crazy. I didn't know it was loose until I after I got home. Had to get a friend to drive 90 miles with trailer to get me. I will go over every wire now. I was sweating to death in 95 degrees no shade trying to fix it on side of the road for two and half hours. Tools I carried wasn't enough to do what I really needed to troubleshoot.

Joel

• 1K CVO Member
    • WA

• CVO1: 2015 CVO LIMITED
Re: 3 pin connector from dash ignition switch
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2018, 12:12:37 AM »

I had a 03 RKC that would momentarily stall on in town corners, and back fire under decell. On day I took off the apron because I was going to replace the fuel filter and found the  connector to switch was barley in place.
No more stall during corners after securing the  connector, and the new fuel filter fixed the lean condition that caused the back fire / popping under deceleration. 
Always keep 2 feet away from your shadow

Page created in 0.122 seconds with 25 queries.