CVO Technical > Riding Gear

Thinking about sending OEM seat to Russell day long

<< < (2/4) > >>

Twolanerider:

--- Quote from: SDCVO on September 17, 2019, 10:58:48 PM ---I have struggled with seats on my bikes for years as I get "monkey butt" very easily. On my BMW I did the ride in program with RDL and it is in a world all of its own! I can go for a full tank (7 gallons) with zero issues. Went with full leather and it has worn perfectly. Below is a pic. I get many dont like the look as I didnt before I got it but cant say enough good things about the comfort!

--- End quote ---

I'd always had the same first reaction after a quick look.  Just struck me as too wide or didn't match the lines of the bike or something.  Just not an attractive visual.  Then Simon was kind enough to let me sit on his at Eureka Springs a couple years ago.  My ass told my brain to shut up.  Form follows function in a way that I'd not anticipated here.  It was obvious enough quick enough to know that as much as I like the seat on my longer distance bike when/if it needs replaced there's not a second thought about what would replace.  It'll get one of those funny looking wide weird Russell Day Long seats and my ass will tell my mouth to shut up and never complain about after every comfortable ride.

scottt:
Highly recommended RDL. As posted, do the ride in program if at all possible. Go with heat. I went all leather but I'm sure vinyl is fine. I've also read good reports in the sunbrella fabric for the seat areas.

It's the most comfortable seat available in my opinion.

Sent from my SM-J327T using Tapatalk

blown alcohol:
Looking for a donor seat to send to RDL.
Will a seat from an ultra classic, or ultra limited fit without mods on 2013 cvo? PART # 52164-10

I read on another board on 2012 up cvo's you need to remove fender trim strips when using the 52164-10?
What exactly are the fender trim strips?

JCZ:

--- Quote from: blown alcohol on September 22, 2019, 03:05:43 AM ---Looking for a donor seat to send to RDL.
Will a seat from an ultra classic, or ultra limited fit without mods on 2013 cvo? PART # 52164-10

I read on another board on 2012 up cvo's you need to remove fender trim strips when using the 52164-10?
What exactly are the fender trim strips?

--- End quote ---

Fender trim (long chrome strips mounted to the fender) were on the CVO Street Glides, not the CVO Ultra Classics

blown alcohol:
I have a seat 52164-10 on the way. Just waiting for RDL to get back with my build date.
I originally wanted half moon stitching. I like this smooth look with an orange stripe to match the tribal orange.
I sent them a pic to see if they still did this style, and send out orange samples to match my bike.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version