Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2015 CVO RGU thoughts  (Read 4739 times)

Watcher

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • IN

• CVO1: 2015 with some mods
2015 CVO RGU thoughts
« on: October 20, 2015, 09:58:36 PM »

Well I have had the new bike for 2 weeks and just got 1600 miles on it I did do a 2 into 1 Boarzilla exhaust  with a Thunder Max tuner.  This is my first CVO and first new HD I do like all the little things on it radio garage door opener roll forward on throttle to cancel cruise and how it handles in turns ( was more than surprised how far it could be pushed ) but still have some  issues. Most are dealers fault I believe not the bikes the day I picked it up went to leave and the radio went black they said they had to update it which has been done 3 times now and it still quits on me then I left didn't make it far a went back and asked is the air in the air shocks?? they said why yes I said really they checked no psi in shocks so they set that left again made it a bit further went back asked is the air in the tires right they said yes I just so happen to have my gauge with me in my jacket and check it in front of them 16 psi front 21 back they said they would fill them to spec.  Went for a ride with the wife 2 days later she asked why the back rest moved so much I said I have no clue so we stopped at a dealer about 135 miles from home they looked at it said the spring is broke and gave me a new one.  Riding that day the right front speaker grill fell off so went back to the dealer they ordered new ones both sides and new rubbers to go around them. Took it in for the first service at 980 miles they also had the pipes I had ordered that they said they had to put on for warranty so let them do everything left and thought wow these pipes make the bike vibrate bad got home a looked the pipes where pinched with the right floor board called the dealer they said well we did the best we could you need a floor board kit I said hell there beat to hell from rubbing so I fixed it with a Vance and Hines shim I had from a set I put on a buddies bike I didn't need and went back and asked what they where going to do about the heat shield being scratched all to crap nothing is what I was told. Then they asked me how I was liking the bike I just left ya I'm a jerk I guess.  I do hate the air shocks when 2 up it rides like a wagon I can fix that I know but on a 40k bike come on.  I was hoping to be very impressed with the CVO but that has not been the case may be I expected to much out of the CVO and thats on me I will keep the bike a ride it and hope to grow to love it.  I will be doing some upgrades for HP and TQ nothing to crazy but coming from175 HP and 180 TQ to this its just not the same but the comforts or goodies do help that out.  Just my rant about the bike and may be after the winter months pass I'll just be so happy for fine weather I will forget about everything because the weather is nice and I'll be back in the wind. 

PS I f someone can share how to make a pic file smaller I post a pic of the bike its carbon black and autumn orange
Relaxe we're all crazy it's not a competition

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others
Re: 2015 CVO RGU thoughts
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2015, 10:03:01 PM »

WOW!
You must have got one of the GOOD ones!
Most of the others have WAY more issues!
 8)
HOGMIKE

Watcher

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • IN

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2015, 12:04:25 AM »

:orange: Well I guess I'm happy then put wow this is a  serious question why is HD guys so loyal to the brand I have read more than a few post of bad things on these new bikes but yet they stay loyal I'm trying my best to be a fan but its not ez lol I will say the seat that came on it is the best stock seat I have ever had on a bike

King Glide

• 1K CVO Member
  • It's still Good To Be King !
    • LA

• CVO1: 2016 Roadglide Ultra
    • CVO2: 2014 Ultra Limited
    • CVO3: 2011 Roadglide Ultra
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2015, 01:20:04 PM »

It's hard to put into words but, our loyalty to the brand isn't just about the motorcycle, it's also being part of something bigger than yourself. The friendships, pride of our country, the history of the motor company, the way of life and so much more.
I've always said if all you want to do is ride a motorcycle, buy a Honda, if you want a lifestyle like no other then buy a Harley.

As for the shocks and such, I jokingly say you're about to find out that $40k just bought you the
H-D starter kit and the upgrades have just begun.
Congrats on joining the club and have fun.
Got another shark and there's blood in the wind.
Back to the dark side !
  Personalized Plate
         GD2BKG

ACfixer

• Global Warming Enthusiast
  • Senior CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: 2015 FLTRUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLSTSCi Springer
    • CVO3: Honda Pioneer 1000-5
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2015, 01:50:29 PM »

It's hard to put into words but, our loyalty to the brand isn't just about the motorcycle, it's also being part of something bigger than yourself. The friendships, pride of our country, the history of the motor company, the way of life and so much more.
I've always said if all you want to do is ride a motorcycle, buy a Honda, if you want a lifestyle like no other then buy a Harley....

Well said. Do they have their faults? Indeed they do and I'm not suggesting we be happy or quiet about them, but with some persistence and a dent in your bank account they can be overcome. By and large I think they make the best motorcycle for my motorcycling mission and let's not forget that they are IMO by far the best looking bikes on the road and the first time you park that RGU next to a Gold Wing you'll see a thousand reasons why. Every Harley I've owned has been a work in progress for at least a year, then one day you say to yourself "got it!" and for me that day is pretty much the end of it until the next bike then it starts over again. These things aren't cheap, no Harley is... but you knew that when you spent $40K+ on it.

I've never ridden a bike that has put a smile on my face like this one.  :2vrolijk_21:
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue/Crushed Sapphire
15" Freedom shield - TTS Tuned by Fullsac - Fullsac DX pipe - 2.0 cores. 96HP - 113TQ

johnmowcop

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2015, 01:51:32 PM »

Did someone say this: You ain't seen nothing yet.

Wait 'till you get about 20k miles on it. Or try to trade it in!

Other than that it really is a fantastic bike..

JohnT

Para Bellum

• Si vis pacem, para bellum.
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07 Canyon Copper FXSTSSE, '08 Crystal Copper SEUC
    • CVO2: '11 Slate/Blk SERGU, '18 Twisted Cherry RGU
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2015, 04:35:17 PM »

WOW!
You must have got one of the GOOD ones!
Most of the others have WAY more issues!
 8)
Yeah, that $tealer really earned his PDI money.   ;)
If you want peace, prepare for war.

TNCarters

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 CVO RGU
    • CVO2: 2011 Ultra Limited (Traded)
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2015, 04:50:08 PM »

WOW..That lack of prep would make one question ever letting them touch the bike again.
Ron
2015 CVO RGU
Burgundy Blaze

RGlideKid

• 1K CVO Member
  • Riding Since 1972
    • AR

• CVO1: 2011 CVO RGU...sold
    • CVO2: 2015 CVO RGU
    • Bull Shoals Photography
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2015, 06:54:24 PM »

Well said. Do they have their faults? Indeed they do and I'm not suggesting we be happy or quiet about them, but with some persistence and a dent in your bank account they can be overcome. By and large I think they make the best motorcycle for my motorcycling mission and let's not forget that they are IMO by far the best looking bikes on the road and the first time you park that RGU next to a Gold Wing you'll see a thousand reasons why. Every Harley I've owned has been a work in progress for at least a year, then one day you say to yourself "got it!" and for me that day is pretty much the end of it until the next bike then it starts over again. These things aren't cheap, no Harley is... but you knew that when you spent $40K+ on it.

I've never ridden a bike that has put a smile on my face like this one.  :2vrolijk_21:

X2!  Well said, Lance.  And another thought...Patty and I test drove a Wing about 2 years ago.  It's a fine machine, technologically, but she said it best when we got off the bike.
"It ain't got any soul" she said.

Nuff said.
Harry
2017 Eureka Springs MITM Ride Chairman
Check out my photo gallery at:  RGlideKid's Galleries at Bull Shoals Photography

2015 CVO RGU with V&H Power Pro Headers & 4" Monster Rounds & HD-SEPST
2007 Bushtec Turbo+2 Trailer

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2015, 07:50:42 PM »

Watcher,

That sure sounds like that dealer has a horrible service department.  I sure would let the owner or GM know.  The sure did not do the PDI. 

I agree the air shocks SUCK.  I tried and tried to get them right for about 1K miles.  Just never felt planted in fast curves, felt like the back would wash out.  I had 2 previous CVO road glides I and never felt that way but they had premium hand adjustable gas shocks.  So replace the air with some very good Ohlins, handle much better now and rides better.

:orange: Well I guess I'm happy then put wow this is a  serious question why is HD guys so loyal to the brand I have read more than a few post of bad things on these new bikes but yet they stay loyal I'm trying my best to be a fan but its not ez lol I will say the seat that came on it is the best stock seat I have ever had on a bike

For me its the character, and the comfort for traveling on the Road Glide.  I love the new BMW 1600GTL, what a bike, much quicker, much more lean angle, traction control, electronic adjustable suspension.  Not near as comfortable as my Road Glide.  One place to put your feet.  They laughed at the BMW demo when I asked about hwy pegs.  There comment all you harley guys ask that.  Basically you either like the way you sit on the BMW or you do not, no choice for bars, seats and so on.  BMW had no character, and nothing that grabs ones eye.  That said, it would out run and out handle my Harleys with out even working up a sweat.

Honda does nothing for me.  I am liking the indians and if I wanted a cruiser, the indian Vintage would be my choice over the Harley Heritage.  Indian doses not yet have a fixed fairing touring bike, when they do I will test one.

I do love my 15 Road Glide Ultra, looks great, once I fixed the suspension, but better bars on 800 miles days are fine on it.  Put 2500 miles on it in four days, and 6800 in 14 days.  I had just over 27K on it the first year.

2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

ACfixer

• Global Warming Enthusiast
  • Senior CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: 2015 FLTRUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLSTSCi Springer
    • CVO3: Honda Pioneer 1000-5
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2015, 08:43:00 PM »

X2!  Well said, Lance.  And another thought...Patty and I test drove a Wing about 2 years ago.  It's a fine machine, technologically, but she said it best when we got off the bike.
"It ain't got any soul" she said.

Nuff said.

That's it in a nutshell, it's hard to put a statistic or a dollar figure on soul.... but it's the same with guitars, some have it and some don't.
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue/Crushed Sapphire
15" Freedom shield - TTS Tuned by Fullsac - Fullsac DX pipe - 2.0 cores. 96HP - 113TQ

vdubjay

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • PA

« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2015, 12:00:15 AM »

Couldn't have said it any better "SOUL".  Owned and ridden many rice burners "nice" bikes but when I rode my first HD I felt the soul.  First HD was a Softail thought it was amazing, put almost 50k on it and a few months ago decided to step up to a RG CVO and haven't looked back.  Sure I had some issues, no big deals and even though it's starting to get colder hear in PA I can't wait to ride every day. 

Watcher

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • IN

« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2015, 05:33:17 PM »

Thanks for all the replys I have now fixed the shocks and front end Hagon Nitro for the back and race tech on the front I am starting to like it got 2100 on it now I do have a meeting with the owner Tues to talk about the issues that I have had so far.  I think in the long run on day I will be happy with it I love all bike have had gold wings not for me I'm not that old and bmw rice burners as well miss the speed but not the back pain.  The bike is starting to grow on me and as I've said there is just something about the way th RG looks that makes me all warm and fuzzy ;D  I miss the speed of my Triumph and TQ but the bells and whistles on this are making up for it.  Been doing some readying and I think I can make it have what I want don't need a drag bike just one that will go if I need it to hope to meet some of you out on the road. I will say the Triumph group I have been with for sometime now is a tight family and does a lot together so I'm sure its more Here being theres a lot more HD than Triumph

vdubjay

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • PA

« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2015, 05:08:33 AM »

Just added a Klock Werks 12" windshield, not bad so far, got about 50miles on it.  cut down on the buffeting in my ears and wind on my head.  Anxious to try a long ride.   

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2015, 07:42:20 PM »

Just added a Klock Werks 12" windshield, not bad so far, got about 50miles on it.  cut down on the buffeting in my ears and wind on my head.  Anxious to try a long ride.
I have the Klock Werks 14" Sport Flare.  Back when I bought you had the choice of it, or the 15" Pro-Tour Flare which was too tall for me.

I knew they came out with a 9" Sport flare.  Did not know about the 12" Pro-Tour until I saw your post.  I now want to see one in person.
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

Page created in 0.216 seconds with 22 queries.