Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Tour Pack Quick Detach  (Read 2552 times)

Frank Smith

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE SOLD:(
    • CVO2: 2013 FLHRSE5 :)
Tour Pack Quick Detach
« on: February 04, 2012, 08:43:38 AM »

I finally completed installation of the MOCO quick detach for the tour pack.  See the pics. I had not heard of anyone dealing with license plate relocation so I thought I would add my solution as a post.

I bought and installed the kuryakan turn signal light bar and curved license plate mount, which when installed, is like the setup on a Street Gide but looks nicer. I had to relocate the license plate in order to allow room for the amp. It simply will not work any other way if you wish to mount the amp under the tour pack quick detach bracket. I figure it is the best place to keep the amp due to cooling. The amp gets hot and needs air to keep it cool.  It did cover the CVO emblem on the rear fender. I will relocate the emblem later on. I also changed all of the lighting to LED. I bought Kuryakan stuff and it looks great!

I used two brackets to mount the amp under tour pack bracket.

I am going to buy and install all of the electrical connectors that are identical to the ones used in the floor of the tourpack, which will allow me to detach all connectors under or near the seat instead of having to remove the felt lining and disconnect connectors and then feed them thru the hole in the tour pack. I don't want to have to tear into the tour pack every time I want to detach it from the bike.

Grizzly

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: '05 Jalapeno 1 of 692 sold
    • CVO2: '08 Duracell #601 of 1,800
Re: Tour Pack Quick Detach
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2012, 10:42:02 AM »

You're right... Very nice looking mod.

:2vrolijk_21:

Only problem with me living in Southern Ontario and doing that mod (which I have thought of doing) is that I would then have to pay to ride the 407 Electronic Toll Road with my plate then fully exposed, and I use it often... Right now the cameras can't pick up my plate tucked under the TourPac and it's getting more expensive to ride the 407 all the time!
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 01:43:52 PM by Grizzly »
ALL 10 Provinces & ALL Lower 48 States ridden on "MY" bike

NW Territories and Alaska, here I come!

nu_glider

• 2011 FLTRUSE
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2012, 01:07:14 PM »

I would like to hear more about your experience, I too have a 2011 and have thought about a removable setup but the amp makes in near impossible.  Your help and experience would be greatly appreciated.  The more I looked at your picture I noticed that you removed the stock bag fillers, why?
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 01:10:28 PM by nu_glider »
Rio Red & Black Ember: Fuel Moto Jackpot ceramic coated stainless head pipe, Fullsac Performance 1.75 baffles, SERT, Nostalgic saddlebag rails Windvest tinted 13" windshield, DayMaker LED lamps, Custom Dynamic LED turn signals, white front & red rear with smoked lenses.

Frank Smith

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE SOLD:(
    • CVO2: 2013 FLHRSE5 :)
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2012, 06:31:27 AM »

I removed the bag fillers because they wont work with the antenna relocation brackets. I think that solution is tempory, until I decide if I'm gonna relocate the AM/FM antenna inside the fairing and do away with the CB, which is the only option I can find for it. Although I've never used the CB, I am not ready to do away with it. Hey Glider, PM me if you wanna talk on the phone about the quick detach system.

Page created in 1.032 seconds with 22 queries.