Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Author Topic: What do you guys use to clean the black vinyl/whatever it is on lowers?  (Read 14021 times)

Nicky Pass

• Elite CVO Member

I bought a 2015 CVO Street Glide and I took it out a few time, but the temps are gonna dip again and rain for a couple of days, so I started putting paint protectant on.  I've got that down to a science, but I'm not sure what to do about the material on the lowers?  I have Adams Polishes VRT and it is a great product that doesn't shine up like Armour All and it has UV protection as well. MVRT stands for Vinyl, Rubber and Trim....I don't want to try it until I get some feed back. If there is anything else that is recommended, please feel fro to let me know.

thanks in advance!

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE

Was wondering what to use on those also....

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.

On my '15 RGU, either Protectall or Lemon Pledge. Both have worked well.  I think the Adams would be fine.   

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE

Car wash soap and water.

Nicky Pass

• Elite CVO Member

The Adam's VRT worked amazingly....not real shiney, it makes it look perfect.  It works awesome on the inside black plastic too.

Phantom309

• 2014 Ultra Limited
  • Elite CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG- light/dark Candy Cherry-sold

I've tried WD-40 (sprayed a little on a rag & rubbed it on) and Turtle Wax Ultra Wet Tire Shine. So far I like the Turtle Wax, smells better plus it says "Ultra" so that means it must be made for my bike, lol.
2014 Ultra Limited*Daytona Blue Pearl
MODS
V&H 2-1 Pro Pipe
V&H FP3 Fuelpak

D-N-D

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • PA

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTKSE Limited / Moonlight Blue & Deep Sea Blue

plus it says "Ultra" so that means it must be made for my bike, lol.

;D  :2vrolijk_21:
DND

ultrarider123

On my '15 RGU, either Protectall or Lemon Pledge. Both have worked well.  I think the Adams would be fine.

Another thumbs up for the Lemon Pledge.  I carry a small can with me on all trips.  I've used it for years...dang stuff can be used on everything.  Cleans/protects and shines....gotta use the aerosol version.  Pump bottle doesn't work as well.

RonandJanet

• 1K CVO Member

Lemon Pledge - I have used on car tires in the past but didn't think about it for this.  Where else do you use it?  Does it hold up well in the sun?

GregKhougaz

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

Lemon Pledge - I have used on car tires in the past but didn't think about it for this.  Where else do you use it?  Does it hold up well in the sun?

Yes.  Seat,  back side of side covers, wiring, etc. inside side covers,  under seat.  Pretty much everything except paint, engine, windshield and chrome. 

I learned about Lemon Pledge at the Porsche concourses years ago.  They use it on damn near everything.

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

Nicky Pass

• Elite CVO Member

The VRT from Adams has a UV protectant....you apply it, then buff it off for a very slight gloss.

RonandJanet

• 1K CVO Member

Yes.  Seat,  back side of side covers, wiring, etc. inside side covers,  under seat.  Pretty much everything except paint, engine, windshield and chrome. 

I learned about Lemon Pledge at the Porsche concourses years ago.  They use it on damn near everything.

Does it make the seat slippery? I am going to have to give this a try.  Thanks for sharing.

ultrarider123

Pretty much everything except paint, engine, windshield and chrome.

Actually Greg, it works great on the paint, too. Shops use it for the floor stock instead of the more expensive stuff they sell (plexus and such)  and that's why the lemon Pledge is my go to cleaner on the road for paint, chrome etc
« Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 07:10:49 AM by Haird »

GregKhougaz

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

Does it make the seat slippery? I am going to have to give this a try.  Thanks for sharing.
Not slippery.  I use it on the entire car interior, including the seats. It leaves just the right amount of shine.

Sawyer Brown

GregKhougaz

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

Pretty much everything except paint, engine, windshield and chrome.

Actually Greg, it works great on the paint, too. Shops use it for the floor stock instead of the more expensive stuff they sell (plexus and such)  and that's my go to cleaner on the road for paint, chrome etc

:2vrolijk_21:    :2vrolijk_21:

Plexus is terrific for plastic but it has nearly tripled in price over the last few years.  I still use it for our plastic windshields, though.   

Sawyer Brown

Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Page created in 0.149 seconds with 24 queries.