Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Author Topic: Prices Plummeting?  (Read 15076 times)

CVO WG3

• FLHRSEI.ORG
Prices Plummeting?
« on: May 06, 2006, 09:32:29 PM »

Saw a FXDWG3, blue, 14000 miles with a Jim's 120" engine sell on eBay recently for $14,900.  The guy selling it did a horrible job of marketing the bike, BUT...   sheesh!

Here's a link...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Harley-Davidson-Dyna-FXR-2002-Harley-Davidson-Wide-Glide-FXDWG3-FXDWG-120CIJIMS_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ49993QQitemZ4634536022QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

SPIDERMAN

Re: Prices Plummeting?
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2006, 10:09:44 PM »

CVO WG3  

Don't get upset Dude,  The value in our CVO bikes is having them in original condition, matching numbers etc etc While the bike in your post looked like a CVO, it no longer was with the Jim's motor. All it was - - - - Just another used Harley.  

Be cool Dude,  8-) you're bike's still worth some $$$$$$$

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2006, 10:27:00 PM »

I actually talked to the guy. His family owned the dealership. He also sold the original motor. I was going to buy it but without the original motor it wasn't woth the CVO price. The Jims motor only had 250 miles. It was still a good deal for the price. BTW it only had one bid.

Be Safe

THE DAWG
cvo 1  04 FLHTCSEI  Qrange/Black AKA Ole Punkin
cvo 2 05 VRSCXe Orange/Black sold
cvo 3 02 FXDWG2 Black/Gold 
cvo 4 04 FLHTCSE Blue/Black  sold
cvo 5 09 FLHTCUSE4 Red/Marron sold
cvo 6 12 FLHTCUSE Blue Saphire/Stardust Silver AKA Saphire
cvo 7 14 FLHTKSE  Blaze/Maroon
2020 CVO Limited

PROUD MEMBER EBCM #1.75 Second in command of this great organization

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2006, 10:10:04 AM »

I actually talked to the guy. His family owned the dealership. He also sold the original motor. I was going to buy it but without the original motor it wasn't woth the CVO price. The Jims motor only had 250 miles. It was still a good deal for the price. BTW it only had one bid.

Be Safe

THE DAWG

Whoever bought this bike got themselves a great deal no doubt. Had they paid CVO price it wouldn't have been. Were it me, I'd be tracking down the original motor to have for the day when I wanted to sell or trade, but that's just me. The whole point here though is that you can't look at a CVO bike that has been bastardized and compare it to an original CVO or one in which the owner has all the stock parts. I think folks like Hubbard are smart. If you're going to go apechit modifying a bike you're way ahead of the curve to start with a standard production model. Hubbard's ride is probably worth considerably more than it was when he bought it. Had he taken a CVO EG and done what he's done, it would be worth less. The guy I mentioned on a post one time with the 150/150 motored SERG in my town sold his original 95" CVO motor and even though he's got 30 grand beyond base price tied up in the bike, the value of the vehicle as a CVO is shot. And that's the whole point. What makes our bikes worth what they are is the unique parts, paint and VIN numbers to prove they are indeed Factory CVO vehicles. IMO
« Last Edit: May 08, 2006, 10:19:05 AM by SPIDERMAN »

altugo

• 1K CVO Member
  • Screw it let's ride!

• CVO1: FLSTFSE2 nebula yellow/ cobalt blue
    • CVO2: FLTRSE3 yellow pearl / charcoal slate
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2006, 11:38:24 AM »

Well said Spider.The reason I bought my cvo fatboy was that it comes pre packed pretty well in terms of acessories and performance upgrades and is indeed a factory custom.Having the bike now for a while my decision is proved right since the bike looks much better than a lot of aftermarket customs and still has the reliability of a Harley.Harley Davidsons have been and will be collectibles and what else would go up in the value if a limited edition cvo wouldnt?Keeping it original and as clean as possible is the main issue for the coming years.Since I deal in antiques a little as a side job my past experience showed me that what ever is selling for mega bucks today are the expensive and hard to find products of their day.I think CVOs are a pretty good match for that kinda description today.So dont worry keep your original parts handy if you decide go with mods.At the end of the day they might be antiques for the future but they are hell of a fun ride today.So relax and enjoy since youre one of the lucky few. [smiley=drink.gif]
Ridin Legend

nidan

• 1K CVO Member
  • Keep the breeze between your knees

• CVO1: 02 FWDWG3 Stage IV 95 -sold
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2006, 08:51:31 AM »

I checked the web in the last week , most are going for 17-20K .

While I went to a 95" I stayed with all HD parts except the cam , and kept all the stock parts.  Since the later "small" twinkies are 95's with SE heads  I don't think it will negatively effect the value ,especially if they see the dyno.

I have no intention of ever selling it , although I do plan on a bagger down the road.
CVO -'02 FWDWG3 Stage IV 95 -sold
'07 FLHX Stage II 103 95hp/111lbs ft
'09 FJR 1300- 145hp /99 lbs ft
2011 Mustang GT 412hp/390 lbs ft

RedFXR2

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2006, 11:47:58 AM »

While I went to a 95" [highlight]I stayed with all HD parts except the cam , and kept all the stock parts.  [/highlight]Since the later "small" twinkies are 95's with SE heads  I don't think it will negatively effect the value ,especially if they see the dyno.

For about two years I resisted the urge to "upgrade" my FXR2, for the sake of keeping it a stock classic.  Finally, I decided that if I was always justifying it to myself, then it was keeping me from enjoying the bike as much as I could otherwise, so I did my makeover, using HD stuff as much as possible, thinking about what the CVO would have done back then if the theme in York involved SE parts.  I think that's the key.  I could have used parts from S&S, Edelbrock, Crane, etc. and maybe even gotten better performance results, but it wouldn't have looked "right" in my eyes, as a CVO bike.

I would have to agree with Nidan, in that I don't think our bikes have been compromised in value by what we've done.  Any issues like that will be far outweighed by the benefits of the mods.  I also would add that I have no intention of selling it, anyway, so the whole question is moot.

IMO, the one thing that would truly downgrade a CVO bike would be to re-paint it.  I've seen it done, and I know that, by VIN, it's still a CVO ride, but to me, a re-painted CVO becomes another custom HD, for good or bad.

« Last Edit: May 10, 2006, 12:17:31 PM by RedFXR2 »

nidan

• 1K CVO Member
  • Keep the breeze between your knees

• CVO1: 02 FWDWG3 Stage IV 95 -sold
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2006, 07:46:51 AM »

I agree on the paint.  I may at some point remove the body work and get replacements with custom paint , and preserve the original.  I have saved all the original pieces , manual etc. in case I ever get delusional enough to sell her.
CVO -'02 FWDWG3 Stage IV 95 -sold
'07 FLHX Stage II 103 95hp/111lbs ft
'09 FJR 1300- 145hp /99 lbs ft
2011 Mustang GT 412hp/390 lbs ft

Buffy

• Senior CVO Member
  • Big Ugly Fat Friggin' Yankee

• CVO1: 2001 FXDWG2 - Scarlett Red Wide Glide
    • CVO2: 2007 FLTR - Orange & Black
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2006, 02:19:17 PM »

[size=20]On the other side of the fence, there is a 2001 WG2 with 3K miles and everything stock and the selling price is $30,000  I mean selling price too.  The guy said he wouldn't sell it for a penny less than that.[/size][/color]
John & his 2001 Screamin' Eagle FXDWG2               and              2007 FLTR "Ultra" Road Glide
------------------------------------------------------
It\'s Never Too Late To Have A Happy Childhood

SEULTRA

• 1K CVO Member
  • It's all about riding ...
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2006, 02:31:49 PM »

[size=20]On the other side of the fence, there is a 2001 WG2 with 3K miles and everything stock and the selling price is $30,000  I mean selling price too.  The guy said he wouldn't sell it for a penny less than that.[/size][/color]

All us old guys thank you for using 20 pitch font  [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
« Last Edit: June 16, 2006, 02:34:25 PM by SEULTRA »

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2006, 03:31:04 PM »

All us old guys thank you for using 20 pitch font  [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Me too and also I've been wonderin for a month now what Ronnie Dunn means in B & D's new hit " Believe " when he sings  " the words written in red "

CVO WG3

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2006, 06:11:05 PM »

And he's absolutely right:  he won't sell it!

LQQKE3

• I love my fxdwg3
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2006, 11:56:28 PM »

i would have to say that the prices are plummeting and are going fast. seems it doent matter if its one with low miles or high miles. its not a sellers market its a buyers. so buy them while they are dirt cheep becouse maybe just maybe it will be worth something.
fxdwg3  aahh what a rush!!

cvo guy

• FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2001 fltrsei2
    • CVO2: 2002 flhrsei
    • CVO3: 2003 fxstdse
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2006, 06:03:24 PM »

i agree with you LQQKE3 the bottom has dropped--check this out on ebay--it looks to be a harley dealer with a 2001 FXDWG2 with a ending bid of $8600.00 with only 2061 miles. it didn't meet reserve but that shows that people are not going to bid that much anymore. that about the 6th fxdwg2/3 that didn't go over $13,000

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=330022640097&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=014
P.S. hope the link works.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2006, 07:08:46 PM »

Not to say this is a bad thing, but do you think that it having a 116ci S&S motor versus it still being stock (cases at least)? [smiley=nixweiss.gif] Description from ad below.

Vehicle Description  

2001 HARLEY-DAVIDSON FXDWG2 (Custom shop Dyna Wide Glide) w/ 116in Twin cam S&S motor w/ White Bros E-Pipe Exhaust. Bike has 2061 miles. Custom red paint w/ 24k gold leaf striping, custom Lepera tan leather seat and backrest. Very limited production model. Always garaged. Excellent condition. One of a kind!  

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Page created in 0.189 seconds with 25 queries.