Custom Vehicle Discussions > Screamin' EagleĀ® Electra GlideĀ®

CD/radio question

(1/5) > >>

Bikrtrsh:
I'm wondering if any of you are having a similar problem with your stereo. When I hit about 3700 RPM the CD player shuts completely off. If I accelerate fairly hard the stereo shuts off regardless if it's the CD player or radio. In either case it will power back up on it's own but sometimes the CD will cut in and out afterwards. If I eject the CD then reload it, it will play fine until I accelerate hard again. This sux! If this is how the stereo is supposed to work I'd just as soon not have it at all!!!
[smiley=furious2.gif]

Mark

Doc:
Uh......no.

I can't think that it would be designed to do that.  Take it back!

110tHunDer:
No problems here, either, but over on the Electra Glide Garage site not too long ago, there was a guy talking about the player in his Ultra or Classic (can't remember which) skipping.  Everybody else was basically saying they had no issues with theirs.  Like everything else that is mass produced, there are probably a few out there that will have problems.  No matter what, I would get it checked out.  No way it should be doing that!

re-tread:
Yes, I have the same problem. When you really get on the throttle. The CD turns off. Probably a protection feature, because it does come on again after a minute  [smiley=7.gif]and seems to play fine.
I remember when the portable CD players first came out this same thing happened when you hit a bump

Benerag:
Although I've only put a little over 400 miles on my SEEG,  I've revved up to 4K several times with no CD or radio problems. For what we've paid for these fantastics machines, anything but perfect would be unacceptable.

Good luck on finding the problem!!!

Benerag

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version