Custom Vehicle Discussions > Screamin' EagleĀ® Electra GlideĀ®

FLHTCSE stock mufflers

<< < (2/4) > >>

JCZ:

--- Quote ---I have the stock pipes you want, they have 250 miles, and I'm located in Central Florida. Price is fair, Let me know.
--- End quote ---

He's not a regular on this site, I directed him here from another site.  You guys might want to email him at his email.

ak:
i,m suprised that you guys are willing to sell your stock parts, for the small sun of $ offered i,d keep mine , having all the original parts increases bike value if you ever sell ,especialy for limited production bike--AK

110tHunDer:
[smiley=confused5.gif] I'm with ak.

starvin:
I'm not sure that they are the same pipes as the ones on page 502, the end caps are certainly different. I dug mine out of the basement and there is no part # on them. out of the 3000 or so SEEGs made how many people will ever use the stock pipes. I know mine will never see exhaust through them. I threw out the pipes from my last two bikes I could not even give away the pipes when i sold the bikes. The only reason I can see for keeping them is just in case EPA comes in and the bike has to be tested.

OldBoy99:
Are you sure that there is no part number embedded within the statement on the muffler?

For example, the stock mufflers that came on my 1998 FLHTC say "This Harley-Davidson exhaust system 65539-95 meets EPA noise emission requirements of 80 dB(A) for the following motorcycles HAR FLT1340.  Installation of this exhaust system on motorcycle models not specified may violate federal law."

Note the part number in bold above.

If it's not too much trouble, could you type out the full statement on your mufflers and send it to me?  You could use my statement above as a template and just add/delete as necessary.

This would be a HUGE help!  Thanks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version