CVO Technical > Electronic Toys and Gadgets

Brake lights stay on

(1/1)

Chief2505:
2016 CVO limited.

Took my first ride of the year today and while I am going down the road the red light on the dash came on and stayed on until I was pulling up to a stop sign. I got home and checked, my brake lights are staying on. I tried moving both the front and rear pedal/lever to get the lights to go out but they stay on. I have read about one switch or the other sticking but not both. How do I go about determining which switch it is if any? Of course the cruise control is inoperable now as well but I figure that is related to the brake lights being on.

Thanks for the help!

PS. yes I did search and search and search but found nothing for this year and model

fastfreddy:
i would start by unpluging the switchs one at a time  :nixweiss: :nixweiss: rear might be first place i would go

efrbc1:
I have had issues with the rear brake light switch as well.  Simple changeout, take about 15 minutes.

Fired00d:

--- Quote from: efrbc1 on May 10, 2024, 09:44:38 AM ---I have had issues with the rear brake light switch as well.  Simple changeout, take about 15 minutes.

--- End quote ---
Had the same issue with mine before... changed the rear switch and all was well.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version