Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Revolution FLH?  (Read 17248 times)

Scrrem

• Full CVO Member
  • 2005 FLHTCSE2
Revolution FLH?
« on: August 05, 2005, 01:55:08 PM »

Anyone think that the revolution motor will make it into the FLH series bikes next year?

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
Re: Revolution FLH?
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2005, 03:04:35 PM »

Doubtful.  If H-D does come up with a variant of the Revolution for touring bikes, they will have to make some major changes to increase low speed torque.  Heavy touring bikes and high rpm low torque motors won't sell very well.  Of course, they will eventually have to convert to water cooling, but I'm quite sure it will be only when they have no other choice.  They do not want to lose their traditional customers, and tradition says big air cooled V-Twin.  If I had to guess, I'd say that when they do make the change they will do it with one new model and work into it gradually.
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Scrrem

• Full CVO Member
  • 2005 FLHTCSE2
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2005, 03:21:23 PM »

grc, great prespective.  I think you are exactly right.  HD will need to go that way eventually, but will delay as long as possible.

ferret

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2005, 12:10:44 PM »

i agree with you all but i think it will be a retuned version of that motor which hd will use across there range of future  rides . i  have however took the plunge and orderd a new night rod  which has got the same retuned motor thats in the street rod  i found  it a much nicer motor over the standard  v-rod . the riding position on the night rod is more suited to us shorties . the motor on standard pipes still gives good torque but you have too up the revs  i actually found it fun .however they still have the small tank  range of the  v-rod  .

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2005, 02:31:55 PM »

If so, wonder if H-D will come out with Screamin Eagle anti-freeze as well ?  [smiley=confused5.gif]  I think it's inevitable, unless there's major technology break-through in V-Twin cooling, the've about reached the limits of the current air/oil cooled blocks. They had to make oil coolers standard on 103" and should have on the 95" FLTRSEI and SERK's, just to keep internal temps within limits. Can't see me on a water cooled set of wheels, probably too purist.
2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2005, 03:01:53 PM »

[highlight]If so, wonder if H-D will come out with Screamin Eagle anti-freeze as well ? [/highlight] [smiley=confused5.gif]  I think it's inevitable, unless there's major technology break-through in V-Twin cooling, the've about reached the limits of the current air/oil cooled blocks. They had to make oil coolers standard on 103" and should have on the 95" FLTRSEI and SERK's, just to keep internal temps within limits. Can't see me on a water cooled set of wheels, probably too purist.
I would imagine there would be SE coolant, along with several variations of chrome add-ons for the radiator, chrome or braided covers for the coolant lines, etc.   ;D

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2005, 07:36:47 PM »

Don't forget the SE download for the fan controller, chromed logo hose clamps and synthethic radiator stop-leak kit. Marketing is us  ;D
2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2005, 08:29:05 PM »

And the special high performance urethane radiator mount bumpers.  Gotta have 'em.

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2005, 01:58:24 PM »

There was an article in one of those industry spy magazines (CRS on the title- - sorry) in which there were  copies of paperwork (purportedly at least) filed by the MoCo with the EPA to smog certify a 2450 cc watercooled engine. Horsepower of 130 and torque of around 105 in 50 state configuration. Expected production run of 20,000 plus units for the 2007 model year. Two things to consider.1)  CARB regulatory changes due out for 08 will kill air cooled push rod motors 2)  H-D has fallen way behind in the size matters catagory. My opinion is that this motor will see it's first release in a bagger since us bagger people would welcome the boost in performace coupled with reliability, fuel mileage and rideability.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2005, 02:37:38 PM »

Well Spiderman, MOST of us would welcome the technologically superior water-cooled engine in their new 'bagger'.  I'm going down with the ole V-Twin air (oil) cooled thumper that we all know and love.  Got the sound and feel in my blood and regardless of what they come out with, it's gonna be hard to shake this 'jones'.  Har!  spyder [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2005, 07:19:15 PM »

There was an article in one of those industry spy magazines (CRS on the title- - sorry) in which there were  copies of paperwork (purportedly at least) filed by the MoCo with the EPA to smog certify a 2450 cc watercooled engine. Horsepower of 130 and torque of around 105 in 50 state configuration. Expected production run of 20,000 plus units for the 2007 model year. Two things to consider.1)  CARB regulatory changes due out for 08 will kill air cooled push rod motors 2)  H-D has fallen way behind in the size matters catagory. My opinion is that this motor will see it's first release in a bagger since us bagger people would welcome the boost in performace coupled with reliability, fuel mileage and rideability.

Spiderman, we called BS on that report awhile ago: http://flhrsei.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?num=1106490316/165

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2005, 08:10:29 PM »

I'm not sure what HD is up to but I suspect that it's something.  All I can say is they have something up their sleeve for 07 model year!
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2005, 10:06:53 PM »

I'm not sure what HD is up to but I suspect that it's something.  All I can say is they have something up their sleeve for 07 model year!

Like any good snatch and grab team, it'll be our wallets.

jfscheck

• Senior CVO Member
  • also known as Da' Bear...
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2006, 12:45:15 AM »

Anyone think that the revolution motor will make it into the FLH series bikes next year?

Oh hell yes - but it will be a "V-4" to give the bike more torque than the current model...  [smiley=jalapeno.gif]
John "JFScheck" Scheck
H-D Screamin' Eagle CVO Electra Glide Ultra Classic in Autumn Haze & Vivid Black
"Enjoy life. There's plenty of time to be dead."

KickStand

« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2006, 10:19:24 AM »

The TQ in my 1250 CVO V-Rod has 86 pounds of TQ, more than enough
to move a FLH around. There is also a 1550 they can use.
Sorry, but you are going to have to accept changed.
KickStand
« Last Edit: May 07, 2006, 10:23:26 AM by KickStand »
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.161 seconds with 25 queries.