Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: GPS MEMORY DISC'S  (Read 1649 times)

JDOFLHRIDER

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
  • 2010 FLHTCUSE5 BURNT AMBER -HOT CITRUS
GPS MEMORY DISC'S
« on: January 14, 2007, 09:58:09 AM »

I HAVE TWO ITEMS.IS THERE ANYWAY TO PUT CD'S INTO SOME  KIND OF MEMORY SO I DON'T HAVE TO HAVE DISC LOADED ON MY 07 SEUC.OTHER ITEM IS WHERE CAN YOU GET UPGRADED DISC'S FOR THE FACTORY RADIO GPS.THANKS JDO

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
Re: GPS MEMORY DISC'S
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2007, 11:29:24 AM »

The dealer lost mine (or so they thought)the mgr. replaced it and said it cost $700.00 for the two discs..  It is a Harley part number if you are buying them.  I don't have my bike at home but the GPS supplement book should list where to check for upgrades.  NAVTEQ I believe is the supplier, for our cars the upgrades are first one free and then $150.00.

Unfortunately, the MoCo would need to request the upgrade and if they are like some car manufacturers, they don't do them often.  I would be surprised if an upgrade comes for a year or two.

As far as I know there isn't anyway provided for a large amount of memory to be stored.  When I rode to Cripple Creek, I didn't use any CD's, just left the NAV CD in the radio and listened to Satellite radio when I didn't have a local station, which was most of the trip.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2007, 11:38:58 AM by Rjob749 »

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2007, 11:44:20 AM »

Rummaged through the garage and found my replacement manual I got when they did the new CD's.

Page 7:Updates to Navigation CDs because of changes in road and map data can be purchased fro Harley-Davidson dealers.  Contact a Harley-Davidson dealer for details.

This would be on an as updated basis.  Not sure if they have a system to trade or what, worth checking into though.

I did go to www.navteq.com and some car updates (not compatible with HK)are available direct but others are controlled by the manufacturer the way Harley does it.

Just another profit center for HD I guess.  Oh, NAVTEQ is no angel, they charge $199.00 onsite for a CD upgrade direct.  
« Last Edit: January 14, 2007, 11:55:21 AM by Rjob749 »

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2007, 07:56:14 PM »

Can anyone spell G-A-R-M-I-N ?

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2007, 10:09:09 PM »

I HAVE TWO ITEMS.[highlight]IS THERE ANYWAY TO PUT CD'S INTO SOME  KIND OF MEMORY SO I DON'T HAVE TO HAVE DISC LOADED ON MY 07 SEUC.[/highlight]OTHER ITEM IS WHERE CAN YOU GET UPGRADED DISC'S FOR THE FACTORY RADIO GPS.THANKS JDO
According to the manual...there is enough memory to put in a location, let the system plan it, and then you can take the disc out and use the CD.  I just keep my CD in.  If I need tunes, which I do all the time, I either listen to XM (which is most of the time), or plug my MP3 player in and use that.  That way I can leave my Nav CD in the unit all the time.
Cheers  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif],
Red

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

Page created in 0.146 seconds with 21 queries.