Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Progressive Front Fork Springs  (Read 3684 times)

SneakyPete

• 1K CVO Member
  • AKA FGL
    • VA

• CVO1: 2004 SEEG O/B- RIP
    • CVO2: 2009 SERG3 O/B
    • CVO3: 2014 SERK6 O/B
Progressive Front Fork Springs
« on: March 05, 2007, 08:48:22 PM »

Anyone out there changed out the front fork springs to Progressive?  I purchased their front spring kit for my 2004 SEEG (part # 11-1528) but noticed the springs were equal length with a 3.5" PVC spacer in the kit.  The HD springs are different lengths (one side cartridge, one side dampening rod).  Is this correct?  There are no other options from Progressive on my bike so I assume what they sent me is correct. 
Member Hillbilly Rocket Riders MC, Virginia THE FASTEST CHAPTER!

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: Progressive Front Fork Springs
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2007, 08:50:12 PM »

Anyone out there changed out the front fork springs to Progressive?  I purchased their front spring kit for my 2004 SEEG (part # 11-1528) but noticed the springs were equal length with a 3.5" PVC spacer in the kit.  The HD springs are different lengths (one side cartridge, one side dampening rod).  Is this correct?  There are no other options from Progressive on my bike so I assume what they sent me is correct. 

Pete, with those Progressive kits you cut the PVC to gain the overall length you desire.  Progressive's reputation is of making quality product. 

Did you get just the spring kit or springs and emulators?

SneakyPete

• 1K CVO Member
  • AKA FGL
    • VA

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2007, 09:09:16 PM »

Pete, with those Progressive kits you cut the PVC to gain the overall length you desire.  Progressive's reputation is of making quality product. 

Did you get just the spring kit or springs and emulators?

Don, I just got the spring kit.  Thanks for the input, you confirmed what the tech at Progressive told me.  Are emulators available on a 2004?  I thought they came on later models.  Not an expert on this subject.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2007, 09:38:54 PM »

Don, I just got the spring kit.  Thanks for the input, you confirmed what the tech at Progressive told me.  Are emulators available on a 2004?  I thought they came on later models.  Not an expert on this subject.

Pete, the Progressive springs will be an improvement.  If you're interested in doing the next step look for the Gold Valve Cartridge Emulators by Race Tech.  I just looked through some old notes stuck inside a manual and I think the Race Tech part number you'd need would be FEGVS3802.  I know that Dennis Kirk used to be a good dealer for the product line.  But doing a google search by Race Tech Emulator will no doubt offer up some price comparisons.

SneakyPete

• 1K CVO Member
  • AKA FGL
    • VA

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2007, 07:57:17 PM »

Don, thanks for the info.  I checked out the part number you gave me.  Interesting that when running an application search it only lists HD FLHT model through 2001 even though my search was for 2002-2005.  I will give them a call just to confirm right part number.  Anything else I forgot???

Also need to replace my front motor mount which I discovered when I pulled my motor.  Initially saw dimple in exhaust pipe and was wondering how it happened, then saw mark on frame, then broken mount.  Thankful I decided to do the motor work!  Anyway, bought the velva ride stabilizer links but I am using the new HD mount up front.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2007, 11:12:07 PM »

Don, thanks for the info.  I checked out the part number you gave me.  Interesting that when running an application search it only lists HD FLHT model through 2001 even though my search was for 2002-2005.  I will give them a call just to confirm right part number.  Anything else I forgot???

Also need to replace my front motor mount which I discovered when I pulled my motor.  Initially saw dimple in exhaust pipe and was wondering how it happened, then saw mark on frame, then broken mount.  Thankful I decided to do the motor work!  Anyway, bought the velva ride stabilizer links but I am using the new HD mount up front.

Pete, I never installed one of the new HD mounts.  It's purely anecdotal but a few guys that used them here complained that they were too hard.  Transmitted a lot of vibration back through the bike.  The Velva front mount, however, is like butter  :2vrolijk_21: .

Not 100% sure on the emulators part number as it's been awhile.  But am reasonably sure that's the part number I'd used on one 03 Road King and one 04 Glide.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2007, 11:13:44 PM by Twolanerider »

Page created in 0.131 seconds with 21 queries.