Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: True-Track  (Read 2880 times)

BalDeagle

• FLHRSE3 Candy Cobalt with Pale Gold Leafing Graphics
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do it today, tomorrow may be too late......
True-Track
« on: March 08, 2007, 11:37:43 AM »

I've been talking to Howie about this piece of kit and he has recently installed one on his BI SERK.

Has anyone else had any long term experience with this and if so do you think it is a worthwhile addition or not. The principles behind the True-Track appear sound enough, but is it worth the $ ?

:beerchug:

Nige
Don't leave it until tomorrow, do it today !

110 SERK FLHRSE3
Power Commander
Doherty PowerPacc + PowerVents + Mystfree
Vance & Hines Slip ons + V & H True Duals
Lots of other shiny bits!

BalDeagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
Re: True-Track
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2007, 11:46:31 AM »

Uh-oh, think I just shifted through the space-time continuum.

Sorry Dood  :'(

Nige

110 SERK FLHRSE3
Power Commander

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2007, 11:48:48 AM »

I've been talking to Howie about this piece of kit and he has recently installed one on his BI SERK.

Has anyone else had any long term experience with this and if so do you think it is a worthwhile addition or not. The principles behind the True-Track appear sound enough, but is it worth the $ ?

Nige

Many here have installed either the True Track or Ride Str8 devices and have had them on for quite some time.  Competing products with similar effect really.

There's not been one universal response.  Some have noticed immediate and significantly positive gain.  Some have found "a little help" from the devices.  And some saw no real difference at all.

The odd man out to all that is that the "problems" and the reasons for installation were not all the same to begin with.  So it's tough to make a fair comparison. 

In my own case I'd never experienced the dramatic "rear steer" shake that others had.  I had, however, had a very repeatable rear end based oscillation that would present in longer sweeping turns if one were travelling at certain (potentially citationable) speeds or greater.  The device installed on the back of my bike made that better.

It, of course, had no effect on handling issues in the front end that stemmed from turbulent wind coming up under the fairing and just shaking the hell out things.  That silly little 20 dollar wind dam did more to help that than anything.  Learning when in/around semi trucks this was going to happen made a difference too.

In my own case I knew going in that the device in the rear was at least partly prophylactic.  Some of the "problems" seemed to present over time.  The device should help stabilize the rear and, therefore, slow down down wear and tear in the bushings.  It will, in other words, help keep things better longer. Of course we can't know how much we're helping there.  At least not until it doesn't seem to break prematurely and we convince ourselves we did a good thing.  But between losing the rear oscillation and this potential gain I'm still satisfied with having done the install.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2007, 11:28:50 PM by Twolanerider »

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2007, 09:48:14 PM »

Many here have installed either the True Track or Ride Str8 devices and have had them on for quite some time.  Competing products with similar effect really.

There's not been one universal response.  Some have noticed immediate and significantly positive gain.  Some have found "a little help" from the devices.  And some saw no read difference at all.

The odd man out to all that is that the "problems" and the reasons for installation were not all the same to begin with.  So it's tough to make a fair comparison. 

In my own case I'd never experienced the dramatic "rear steer" shake that others had.  I had, however, had a very repeatable rear end based oscillation that would present in longer sweeping covers if one were travelling at certain (potentially citationable) speeds or greater.  The device installed on the back of my bike made that better.

It, of course, had no effect on handling issues in the front end that stemmed from turbulent wind coming up under the fairing and just shaking the hell out things.  That silly little 20 dollar wind dam did more to help that than anything.  Learning when in/around semi trucks is was going to happen made a difference too.

In my own case I knew going in that the device in the rear was at least partly prophylactic.  Some of the "problems" seemed to present over time.  The device should help stabilize the rear and, therefore, slow down down wear and tear in the bushings.  It will, in other words, help keep things better longer. Of course we can't know how much we're helping there.  At least not until it doesn't seem to be break prematurely and we convince ourselves we did a good thing.  But between losing the rear oscillation and this potential gain I'm still satisfied with having done the install.

What Don said. Plus it can't hurt and if prevents those conditions, you'll never know it's working. You don't ever want to have that. As long as it never occurs and locks that swingarm into doing it's job, it's working. I don't need to necessarily feel anything extra out of it, as long as I never experience those negative things, I'm happy with it. If those things occur with it on, well I guess it doesn't work. I'm sold on the science of it and now time will tell. If you see mine on E-Bay, it don't do chit. If you never see it there, it works fine! ;) Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2007, 11:29:15 PM »

What Don said. Plus it can't hurt and if prevents those conditions, you'll never know it's working. You don't ever want to have that. As long as it never occurs and locks that swingarm into doing it's job, it's working. I don't need to necessarily feel anything extra out of it, as long as I never experience those negative things, I'm happy with it. If those things occur with it on, well I guess it doesn't work. I'm sold on the science of it and now time will tell. If you see mine on E-Bay, it don't do chit. If you never see it there, it works fine! ;) Hoist! 8)
What Don and Howie said.  Science and logic behind the True-Track seem to make sense to me.  Could not tell any fantastic difference.  Put it on since I have expenienced the tail waggle before on other Ultras and think it could help even if in a small way.  I'm happy with my decision to install it.  It is a well made quality item and fits perfectly.  Really easy install.

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

BalDeagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2007, 09:14:40 AM »

Some well made points there guys and I guess that you're right in that if you never have an issue with the bike then the TT can be said to have done it's job.

I can't see Howie's TT going on Ebay !

Nige

110 SERK FLHRSE3
Power Commander

Page created in 0.151 seconds with 21 queries.