Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]  All

Author Topic: Trapper dog  (Read 45970 times)

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 SE Ultra
    • CVO2: 2018 GoldWing DCT Airbag
Re: Trapper dog
« Reply #105 on: June 26, 2021, 09:21:25 PM »

GoldWing John and I rode out to visit Roger on Friday June 26th. Roger is at his new facility in Jamestown at the base of the California Sierras. He’s been there since early June.

As with the rest of us Covid made things difficult for Roger. Due to heightened non-contact rules in care facilities Roger missed out on much needed physical therapy.  His gains were set back a little. It is hoped he will recover and strengthen enough to where Melanie can bring him home to their house in neighboring Soulsbyville. While we were there Roger was quite alert. John and I brought him a breakfast burrito and coffee. Melanie fed him and he devoured it with gusto. Later John worked with Roger on eye hand coordination by tossing a ballon and letting Roger bat it with a paddle. He did rather well!

Roger speaks in random access phrases. He greeted us with a warm “Good to see you, thanks for coming”. He remembered my wife Denise, but associated her with an unrelated past action.  I wasn’t sure he knew who we were, as I hadn’t visited in well over a year. However when it was time to leave I kissed his forehead and said “I love you, Roger Lane”. He replied in a warm but mocking tione, “I love you Mark Paz”. That really brought it home. He’s still Roger.

I have photos of the visit but out of privacy and respect won’t post them. If you’d like to see them please PM me your email address. Please don’t post them on the internet. I know Andy has been out to visit him.

If you’d like to visit him, please check with Melanie first.

Mark
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #106 on: October 31, 2021, 12:59:38 PM »

I visited Roger Lane yesterday and am please to report he's doing well. 

This facility really gives him good care and attention. I brought burritos and chips and we had lunch together.  I also brought two sets of large bath towels, per Melanie's suggestion.  I made sure to mark them with his name with a Sharpie so they don't get mixed up in the laundry.  After lunch we played Black Jack, and I think I broke even with him.  His ability to do calculations in his head amazed me.  I was looking at my cards and counting on my fingers, and he knew when to hold and when to hit.  Later we talked about bikes and I told him mine was at Metal Dragon getting a top end job.  He totally understood jugs, pistons, headwork, gaskets and we had a good in depth conversation about it.  He remembered me by name, and even remembered my wife Denise, and she hasn't seen him in a while.

During lunch one of the caregivers brought him his meds and she and I chatted.  She says he tends to be grumpy in the morning till he gets his coffee.  She said one morning they caught his UP AND WALKING in the hallway holding the railing!  So they brought him a walker/seat on wheels thing for him, just to guard against falling.

He requested I bring pizza the next time I visit.

Mark
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #107 on: October 31, 2021, 03:54:54 PM »

Nice update report Mark.  How is he doing weight wise......up, down?  Does he get plenty of exercise.....are you able to go for a walk for a few blocks?

Did you show him that fb post from when I filmed you two at the motorcycle rodeo years ago?
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #108 on: October 31, 2021, 04:12:43 PM »

Nice update report Mark.  How is he doing weight wise......up, down?  Does he get plenty of exercise.....are you able to go for a walk for a few blocks?

Did you show him that fb post from when I filmed you two at the motorcycle rodeo years ago?

JC,

He's still pretty thin, that's why Melanie doesn't mind when I bring him "Junk Food". He's not ready to walk alone, he's still in a wheel chair.  Maybe next time I'll see if he can go around with me on his walker, but that's really the caregivers call, not mine.

His facility is on the side of a mountain so they don't have good cell and data reception. Maybe it's a Verizon thing.  Anyway I couldn't show him the video.  Last time I was there I called ErnieZap so he could chat with Roger and the connection was weak. 

Mark

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Be Still and Know that I AM God
    • TN

• CVO1: 2012 ULTRA FLHTCUSE7
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG FLHTCSE2
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG FLTRSEI
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #109 on: October 31, 2021, 06:14:40 PM »

Thanks Mark! :2vrolijk_21:

I’m still praying for Roger and Melanie and it’s great to get updates and see improvements and see how I can pray for there needs now. Thanks again man, God bless!

JR  :bananarock:

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka. Uncle Mikey! Mikeytee for Burbon Judge and
    • SC

• CVO1: 1999 ROADGLIDE Ultra SOLD
« Reply #110 on: November 03, 2021, 11:16:17 AM »

Thanks for the update, Mark. Still praying for Roger's complete recovery.

Mike

:drink:
Co-Founder /National Board Member/ Zen Master of CVO Harley Pondering,Hankering, & Moseying Society with all Honors, Rights and Accolades.

Charter Member CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
Charter Member Husband Saints Society. We have Lucky Wives!
I saw the worlds largest ball of string in Cawker City, Kansas

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #111 on: November 09, 2021, 01:49:25 PM »

Thanks for the update Mark.
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

The Bolvine Gigolo!

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • ALL IN A DAYS WORK!
    • CA

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG & 2011 Ultra -Sold
    • CVO2: 2014 Ultra
    • CVO3: 2013 SERG Custom Atomic Orange/ Galaxy Gray
« Reply #112 on: December 06, 2021, 07:24:06 PM »

Thanks Mark!

110Mofo

• Blu
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 (ZIGGY) Stardust Silver / Twilight Blue
    • CVO2: 2022 Ultra Limited FLHTK Reef Blue / Vivid Black
« Reply #113 on: October 17, 2022, 10:37:37 AM »

God Bless Trapper Dog
"Let the road go on forever and the party never end "

110Mofo

• Blu
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 (ZIGGY) Stardust Silver / Twilight Blue
    • CVO2: 2022 Ultra Limited FLHTK Reef Blue / Vivid Black
« Reply #114 on: October 17, 2022, 10:39:29 AM »

How i would like to remember Trapper Dog.
"Let the road go on forever and the party never end "

TN

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • SC

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #115 on: October 22, 2022, 07:41:23 AM »

I never met the man personally, I've heard nothing but great things about him from other fine gentleman.

Wut the hell was that maneuver

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #116 on: October 22, 2022, 10:09:56 AM »

I've been getting requests for an update.  Melanie says Rogers wish was NOT to have a memorial service.  You can send cards of flowers to the house.  In lieu of cards or flowers you can make a donation to a local animal shelter in Rogers name.  Roger loved his pets.

If you would like the home address please send me a PM. 

Mark
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]  All

Page created in 0.158 seconds with 21 queries.