Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Infotainment navigation map update  (Read 1085 times)

LV76

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLTRUSE traded in
    • CVO2: 15 FLTRUSE traded in
    • CVO3: 16 FLTRUSE
Infotainment navigation map update
« on: May 06, 2020, 12:50:34 PM »

I finally got to update the map on my infotainment system but I'm not sure it has updated to the latest map.
On my 2016 CVO road glide ultra, I checked the nav map info and it was Q2016, finger printed and went on the naviextras site and looked up available maps, was not sure if I would still be qualified for the free map updates, no where on the navi site did it say. Download toolbox, chose the  CVO NA North America 2020 map and plugged in the fingerprinted flash drive, A window comes up and says 'Free' and I'm good until May 5, 2025 I say to myself "Great!" (I'm assuming the 5 year window for the three 'free' map updates for CVO's starts when you enter your fingerprint?). It loads map onto drive and I download into the Boom system, One hour and ten minutes later system completed download I remove drive, restart system, everything works and settings remained as previously set. I check the nav map info and it shows Q2018. I go back onto the navi site and check my info and it states that I have the current map info.

Question if someone could answer; Is the Q2018 the most current map offered? (Naviextras site list it as CVO NA North America 2020)

Thanks

261mrwizard

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

Re: Infotainment navigation map update
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2020, 05:25:58 PM »

I updated my NAV map last month.  NACVO MY2020 is the latest and that is what shows up in my maps database.  Not sure what happened to your maps.

LV76

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLTRUSE traded in
    • CVO2: 15 FLTRUSE traded in
    • CVO3: 16 FLTRUSE
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2020, 06:47:35 PM »

Thanks MrWizard, I'll re finger print it and try it again.

Damnskippy

• CVO1: 2010 CVO Ultra Classic - 100K sold it
    • CVO2: 2017 CVO Limited 100K+
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2022, 03:37:47 PM »

I've been trying to update my 2017 CVO maps to no avail.  Uploaded and installed the latest software ver. using Navi Toolbox It doesn't allow me to get a free map update.
I've never updated my free maps before as I just can't seem to break the code. Re-fingerprinted after updating the version and only option is to purchase?  Any clarification would be helpful....

KGB

• 1K CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

• CVO1: 2016 FLHXSE Carbon Crystal with Phantom Flames
    • CVO2: 2019 FLHTKSE Magnetic Grey/Wineberry w Red Pepper
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2022, 03:50:21 PM »

I've been trying to update my 2017 CVO maps to no avail.  Uploaded and installed the latest software ver. using Navi Toolbox It doesn't allow me to get a free map update.
I've never updated my free maps before as I just can't seem to break the code. Re-fingerprinted after updating the version and only option is to purchase?  Any clarification would be helpful....

You get 3 free map updates from the original delivery date for 5 years, if your bike is older than that, that would be the reason.
2018 MITM Eureka Springs
2018 WV GTG
2018 Maggie Valley GTG
2019 MITM Eureka Springs
2019 Maggie Valley GTG
2020 Maggie Valley GTG
2021 WV GTG
2021 Maggie Valley GTG
2022 Ohio GTG
2023 1/2 Maggie Valley GTG

Joel

• 1K CVO Member
    • WA

• CVO1: 2015 CVO LIMITED
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2022, 05:03:13 PM »

I have a 2015 CVO Limted and never updated the map system.
Is there  a real difference between 2015 and recent?
I guess some dirt roads have been paved in the last 7 years,  but when needed I have always been paper map guy, gives me a broader view of the area between where I'm at and where I want to go.
Is it best to use a pc or imac when updating maps?
Always keep 2 feet away from your shadow

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2022, 08:37:33 PM »

I have a 2015 CVO Limted and never updated the map system.
Is there  a real difference between 2015 and recent?
I guess some dirt roads have been paved in the last 7 years,  but when needed I have always been paper map guy, gives me a broader view of the area between where I'm at and where I want to go.
Is it best to use a pc or imac when updating maps?
I'm not sure I'd bother with spending the money on it to be honest with you.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2022, 12:06:21 PM »

i would think it depends on where you live. If you live in the Central or West Coast of Florida area the 2015 info is pretty useless in the cities. If you live in Po-dunk Tennessee then you are probably good with what you have. I constantly here folks talk about GPS giving out mis-information and without fail they are the "I never update" people.
I update my cars & bikes and dash cams (Red Light cameras) every time there is a update available. But if you waited seven years I guess you are getting by.

Joel

• 1K CVO Member
    • WA

• CVO1: 2015 CVO LIMITED
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2022, 02:57:20 PM »

I'm in Washington next to Idaho and South of Canada.
Try to map out our trips and later test my memory, sometimes I have failed but we do our usual Idaho, Montana,  Northern Wyoming, Oregon,  Washington circles enough to wiggle our way back home.
I will be checking into updates for the bike.
I always thought it was good for getting to a destination in a city like Seattle And Portland that we normally do around.
Always keep 2 feet away from your shadow

Page created in 0.147 seconds with 21 queries.