Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fullsac DX Pipe Question?  (Read 1783 times)

CowboyBagger

• 1K CVO Member
  • Standing on the Corner!
    • AZ

• CVO1: FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: FLTRKSEANV Heritage paint
Fullsac DX Pipe Question?
« on: January 05, 2022, 07:11:20 PM »

I've had my Drago's Head pipe and mufflers on since the first day I purchased  the FLHXSE3 and it has always ran great.  After moving to Arizona, the wifey has decided to do more riding, but she's complaining that my current set up is too loud and her right foot gets too hot.  To solve the wifey problem, I purchased a DX pipe from a Fourm member and picked up some Khrome Werks 4.5 cans.  I watched a video on the Fullsac website that highly recommended this setup.  A few questions:

1. Do I use Standard or SE Head Pipe Gaskets?  From what I've read, it depends on how the aftermarket head pipe is made.  Yes, my originals are completely shot.
2. To keep the heat down here in Arizona.  Any other ideas?  Wrap?  Coating?
3. My original unused complete exhaust system was stolen from my shop about 6 years ago.  Does anyone have some original heat shields they would like to get rid of?

After installation, I know that I'll need a retune.  Currently have a TTS Mastertuner.

If anyone wants a good deal on my Drago's 2 into 1 with Ghost Pipe, just send a PM.

Thanks,

Cowboy
« Last Edit: January 05, 2022, 07:15:06 PM by CowboyBagger »
From an ocean tide, to an 8 second ride! Life is a ride, so make it a good one.

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
Re: Fullsac DX Pipe Question?
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2022, 08:44:01 PM »

What part of AZ? Fullsac is in Lake Havasu. Maybe look them up and give them a call to figure out your exact needs.

sent using Tapatalk

PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

slamr

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2021 Sunset Orange / Sunset Black Fade
    • CVO2: 2010 Concord FLHXSE - Sold
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2022, 09:22:53 PM »

Just call Fullsac.  Steve is incredibly helpful and will steer you in the right direction. 

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2022, 07:59:47 AM »

Steve at Fullsac installed my Fullsac DX head pipe and power core baffles with techmat blanket kit and then he tuned it right there at his shop.                           

I can tell you that since I moved to Arizona (Tucson area) that I've learned that most ride from fall, through the winter and into the spring.....not the summer.  If you live in Northern Arizona (Flagstaff) it much higher altitude and they may ride in the summer up there.

Here's a link to three pages of my review of the work done on my bike at Fullsac.....  https://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=101223.0

By the way, you might also ask Steve if he has a set of stock cans that he's taken off of somebody's bike and replaced.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

CowboyBagger

• 1K CVO Member
  • Standing on the Corner!
    • AZ

• CVO1: FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: FLTRKSEANV Heritage paint
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2022, 12:49:25 PM »

Steve at Fullsac installed my Fullsac DX head pipe and power core baffles with techmat blanket kit and then he tuned it right there at his shop.                           

I can tell you that since I moved to Arizona (Tucson area) that I've learned that most ride from fall, through the winter and into the spring.....not the summer.  If you live in Northern Arizona (Flagstaff) it much higher altitude and they may ride in the summer up there.

Here's a link to three pages of my review of the work done on my bike at Fullsac.....  https://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=101223.0

By the way, you might also ask Steve if he has a set of stock cans that he's taken off of somebody's bike and replaced.

Tell me more about your "Techmat Blanket Kit".  I assume it's to help with the heat.  Results?

Your are right about riding in the summer here in the Valley.  I always head to the Mountains in the summer.

I called to talk to Steve, but he must be on vacation.  He's done work for me before on another bike and did a great job. 

Cowboy
From an ocean tide, to an 8 second ride! Life is a ride, so make it a good one.

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2022, 03:54:22 PM »

Tell me more about your "Techmat Blanket Kit".  I assume it's to help with the heat.  Results?

Your are right about riding in the summer here in the Valley.  I always head to the Mountains in the summer.

I called to talk to Steve, but he must be on vacation.  He's done work for me before on another bike and did a great job. 

Cowboy

Goes in the mufflers...

https://fullsac.com/product/2006-2021-cvo-techmat-blanket-kit/

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2022, 07:03:08 AM »

The Techmat Blanket goes in the mufflers and is held in place with screens.  The Techmat Blanket in my opinion makes the muffler sound better, less tinny, sort of mellows and deepens the sound.  I have used it each time I have done a Fullsac set up.  I have done several, including my current 19 CVO Road Glide
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

ultra13

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Ultra
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2022, 09:26:16 AM »

Love my FULLSAC pipes and the stock look....

Aussie Ads

• www.CVOHARLEY.com

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2022, 06:01:12 AM »

Is there a noticeable sound or performance difference in the Fullsac CVO Power Core 2.0, 2.25 and 2.5 sizes?

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2022, 08:34:44 AM »

Is there a noticeable sound or performance difference in the Fullsac CVO Power Core 2.0, 2.25 and 2.5 sizes?

Stock bike?
 :nixweiss:
HOGMIKE

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2022, 08:37:27 AM »

On a stock or mostly stock motor, the smaller the baffle the more low rpm torque and the quite the exhaust.  As the size goes up the sound goes up, but due to less back pressure the low end torque is a little less.  This is especially true on M8 motors.

I have considered trying the 2.5 on my bike as it wasn't available when I built my motor.  But I love how hard my torque comes on early with the 2.25.  Understand my motor is very built, 163 HP and 167 torque.   
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2022, 08:30:29 AM »

On a stock or mostly stock motor, the smaller the baffle the more low rpm torque and the quite the exhaust.  As the size goes up the sound goes up, but due to less back pressure the low end torque is a little less.  This is especially true on M8 motors.

I have considered trying the 2.5 on my bike as it wasn't available when I built my motor.  But I love how hard my torque comes on early with the 2.25.  Understand my motor is very built, 163 HP and 167 torque.

We tried the larger cores on my 2019, and ended up with 1.75 cores after some dyno testing.
Very little change in HP readings but I liked the TQ curve with the smaller baffles, plus a quieter sound.
This bike is my long range touring rig.

I have the 2.25 cores on my other bike.
True dual setup, yes, louder.
It “sounds” faster! and pulls harder as the revs climb.

Both bikes are total Fullsac exhaust systems.

Totally different builds on different bikes. Best to go with what your engine builder suggests, if not a stock motor.
JMHO of course.
 8)
« Last Edit: May 08, 2022, 08:32:42 AM by HOGMIKE »
HOGMIKE

ultra13

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Ultra
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2022, 06:14:51 PM »

I have the 2"...... ;D

Page created in 0.167 seconds with 21 queries.