Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Boom!Audio 30K won't charge  (Read 570 times)

Gumby

• MacMan
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

• CVO1: 20VO Limited
Boom!Audio 30K won't charge
« on: June 06, 2022, 12:27:20 PM »

I've got a Boom!Audio 30K. It's worked fine for two years since I purchased my CVO Limited in 2021 (it's a 2020 model). Never had any problems with the headset until now. It just won't hold a charge when I plug it in to try and recharge it. And of course I tried to contact Sena but its impossible to do so. Does anybody have advice/ideas on how to get it to recharge? Thanks. Tom

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: Boom!Audio 30K won't charge
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2022, 02:40:28 PM »

I know two people with this unit.  Neither has been exceptionally impressed with battery life.  One in particular brought his over one night to see if battery was replaceable.  The documentation with the unit very specifically said no and digging in to the unit showed that non-destructive disassembly wasn't high on the manufacturer's list when the unit was constructed.  FWIW the pic shows where the reset button is.  Of those two I have any experience with at all one claimed (his claim, not my experience, and I'm doubtful) to regain some service time after charging after doing a reset.

Other than having to re-pair you've got nothing to lose though....

Gumby

• MacMan
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2022, 02:48:57 PM »

Thank you for the suggestion. I just tried to reset it....no luck. Hmmm, not sure what my next move will be. I'll wait and see if anyone else responds and try what they have to offer. Thanks for your suggestion.

TN

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • SC

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2022, 06:36:02 AM »

I had the same problem with the SENA SRL2 after one year, Dennis Kirk ended up replacing the unit under warranty, it took some effort to convince them to do so.  I did find a battery for mine on e-bay. I have no idea how difficult it is to access the battery on your model, isn’t too bad for mine. Good luck.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2334524.m570.l1313&_nkw=sena+30k+replacement+battery&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&loc=75817&mktype=&sitelnk=&poi=&cmpgn=395410408&rlsatarget=kwd-77309588937615%3Aloc-190&geo_id=&network=s&mkcid=2&_odkw=sena+replacement+battery&norover=1&MT_ID=&adpos=&adgroupid=1236950788144523&matchtype=p&abcId=&keyword=sena+replacement+battery&mkrid=711-34002-13078-0&crlp=_&device=c&msclkid=f2922d0ad81a1e1842884f946081efe9
Wut the hell was that maneuver

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2022, 08:33:23 AM »

I had seen a YouTube video recently on how to replace the battery with either the stock MAH type or a little better MAH for more run time. Doesn’t look too difficult.

Sorry I didn’t save the link but I think a search will find it!
« Last Edit: June 07, 2022, 08:42:30 AM by HOGMIKE »
HOGMIKE

Gumby

• MacMan
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2022, 05:38:48 PM »

Ha, just figured out the problem with my Boom!Audio 30K not holding or even taking a charge. In an attempt to figure it out last week I thought maybe my plug wasn't working so I switched to another plug for the cable. No luck. Today, on a whim, I changed out the cable thinking "well, maybe something is wrong with the cable since it isn't the plug". Sure enough, the cable wasn't working. All is good now and its charging up in my barn. FYI: don't bother trying to contact the Sena people for help/troubleshooting. I tried and tried but to no avail.

Bobs14Limited

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CO

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2022, 09:19:58 PM »

Ha, just figured out the problem with my Boom!Audio 30K not holding or even taking a charge. In an attempt to figure it out last week I thought maybe my plug wasn't working so I switched to another plug for the cable. No luck. Today, on a whim, I changed out the cable thinking "well, maybe something is wrong with the cable since it isn't the plug". Sure enough, the cable wasn't working. All is good now and its charging up in my barn. FYI: don't bother trying to contact the Sena people for help/troubleshooting. I tried and tried but to no avail.

IF you did get through to Sena, they would have directed you to contact a dealer. So yes, they are useless.

Gumby

• MacMan
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2022, 10:41:16 PM »

Thanks, guys, for your suggestions. I certainly will YouTube it to figure out how to replace the battery....for next time. Much appreciated.

Page created in 0.216 seconds with 21 queries.