Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Got compulsive last weekend...and now I own a 2016 CVO Breakout. Advice?  (Read 1923 times)

brian5060

• www.CVOHARLEY.com

Hello All,

Long story short I was compelled to purchase the bike when I saw the listing, and the deal was made that same day when I saw it in person. Never have been this compulsive with a purchase before, and have no regrets. What a great ride, for me it combines the best attributes of my other (2) bikes - the comfort of my 2001 FLHT and the performance of my Buell XB9R. I look forward to riding this bike a ton.

I'm getting a bit concerned though. This forum alone captures numerous issues with the twin cam 110s, which include faulty lifters, cams, and compensators. Can any folks hear attest to these issues being prevalent in the 2016 CVOs - specifically the Breakout? This was a compulsive purchase, and I declined the ESP without knowing of these issues. Maybe I should reconsider.

The bike has ~7200 miles on it right now. With everything I read, I am thinking about keeping it stock for the season, and roll into next season by getting the lifters and cams replaced. Do any of you folks have further recommendations I can take to assure the engine is reliable?

Thanks,
Brian

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.

Congratulations on your CVO, Brian. Were you able to get service records? Many threads here on the 110 motor. Best of luck! And:

:worthless:

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

smkymtnboy

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: flhxse
    • CVO2: flhtcuse5
    • CVO3: flhtcuse6

at 7200 miles ride on. do the research over the winter months and i think u find plenty info  on the fixes. if,u are handy u can do all the fixes ur self. there is how too videos everywhere. if, its the opposite for u the extended warranties from surdyke might be a good option.. rode mine 40000 then lifters my choice. enjoy this bike and stop the worries.  :pineapple: :pepper: :orange: :mango: :huepfenjump3:

brian5060

• www.CVOHARLEY.com

Congratulations on your CVO, Brian. Were you able to get service records? Many threads here on the 110 motor. Best of luck! And:

:worthless:

Of course! I hope the photo attached, not showing in the preview.

brian5060

• www.CVOHARLEY.com

at 7200 miles ride on. do the research over the winter months and i think u find plenty info  on the fixes. if,u are handy u can do all the fixes ur self. there is how too videos everywhere. if, its the opposite for u the extended warranties from surdyke might be a good option.. rode mine 40000 then lifters my choice. enjoy this bike and stop the worries.  :pineapple: :pepper: :orange: :mango: :huepfenjump3:

Thank you for the advice smkymtnboy - how is your CVO riding? I actually did call the dealer today to obtain the ESP, just from the sheer amount of posts I've poured over discussing catastrophic failures with no prior indication of trouble. But then again, maybe its a bunch of inorganic discussion on these forums, posted by these ESP dealers to push more suckers into buying their contracts. Worked on me! ;D

smkymtnboy

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: flhxse
    • CVO2: flhtcuse5
    • CVO3: flhtcuse6

Thank you for the advice smkymtnboy - how is your CVO riding? I actually did call the dealer today to obtain the ESP, just from the sheer amount of posts I've poured over discussing catastrophic failures with no prior indication of trouble. But then again, maybe its a bunch of inorganic discussion on these forums, posted by these ESP dealers to push more suckers into buying their contracts. Worked on me! ;D
now that u have ur extended service coverage go ride bro! :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

Page created in 0.16 seconds with 21 queries.