Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: B2151 & B2156 Codes  (Read 364 times)

Joel

• 1K CVO Member
    • WA

• CVO1: 2015 CVO LIMITED
B2151 & B2156 Codes
« on: June 29, 2022, 04:43:16 PM »

These codes represent the left and right rear turn signal output open / general failure information.
 I noticed the other day when using the turn signals the indicator lights would blink a couple times then begin to be a rapid flash.
When I was able to get off the bike at work to check all lights I noticed all the blinker positions and all lamps worked normally yet the dash indicator was a rapid flash.
I took my scanner home to pull these codes B2151 & B2156.
I accessed the BCM to monitor and command left and right blinker by-passing the handler bar switches, both the indicator and each turn signal location blinked normally.
I cleared the codes and pushed the right turn signal switch to monitor switch on / off signal and saw it was normal, and the indicator began the rapid flash again and reset the code B2156.
I installed the Kuryakin front driving / blinker light kit that trims out the radiator inlets about 1 1/2 years ago.
At that time I performed the Sync to BCM procedure and have had no issue with the operation of the blinkers.
The day before I noticed the rapid blink from the indicator I did accidently Turn'd on the 4 way flashers, and did push the right turn signal switch while thinking I was turning off the flashers, this is the only thing I can think of that may have caused loss of the Sync to BCM.
I will try to perform the Sync to BCM this evening to see if it returns to normal.
Just wondering if I should have the trailer plugged into the lighting harness, I'll try both ways if needed.
Has anyone else have this happen after such a long time from when the add on light / blinker kit being installed?     
Always keep 2 feet away from your shadow

Joel

• 1K CVO Member
    • WA

• CVO1: 2015 CVO LIMITED
Re: B2151 & B2156 Codes
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2022, 02:47:08 PM »

Today I cleared the code and did the relearn procedure.
So far indicator is blinking the same speed as the lights with no returning codes.
So simple fix but what caused the loss of the original Sync is still a mystery.
Always keep 2 feet away from your shadow

Page created in 0.125 seconds with 21 queries.