Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: It's NOT your FOB or FOB BATTERY! 2021  (Read 574 times)

WTF Chuck

• IBA 74296
  • 1K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 2012 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic Sold
    • CVO2: 2014 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic
    • CVO3: 2022 Screamin Eagle Road Glide Limited
    • Muck Cross Weather
It's NOT your FOB or FOB BATTERY! 2021
« on: March 31, 2023, 12:58:30 PM »

Seen this on one of the CVO facebook pages
Thought it might help someone.

CVO HARLEY-DAVIDSON RIDERS
Fred Harris  ·

PSA:  It's NOT your FOB or FOB BATTERY!
Read on, it may save you a lot of time and $$$!!
Especially for 2021 CVO owners there's a known defect in the bike's SIREN module! 
Symptoms:  Intermittently the bike says "No FOB", bike won't start unless you use your PIN.  "TPMS can't communicate with the bike" (error code they found) Bikes close to you, same symptoms!!

My 2021 was in the shop for NINE days before they finally figured it out.  (Absolutely NOT my dealer's fault) Most of the FOB enabled bikes in the shop would NOT start normally, all asking for the PIN.  But, when moved outside, they all started fine!  Wi-Fi and Bluetooth were also showing interference also!!  My service manager called the Wi-Fi provider, Internet supplier and even called a security company to sweep the dealership for signal jammers!!
Turns out it is a defective SIREN module emitting signals that interfered with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth communications!!  My excellent persistant service manager FINALLY got the info from H-D, pulled the siren out and everything on my bike and all the other bikes worked again!!
Hopefully you've read this to here and perhaps it'll help when. or if, your bike acts up.  Remember, if you're even close to a bike that has this problem it's probably a late model CVO!!
You're welcome!  🙂 — feeling relieved.

Fullsac DX Pipe  2" cores and screens
Dynojet  Power  Vision  Tuner
KST's
HARLEY 28 SPOKE CHROME WHEELS
Custom Dynamics Dynamic Ringz Magic Strobe-LTP
WHAT' S Next
Darkside
Ecsta PA31
195/60/16

Page created in 0.122 seconds with 21 queries.